Home

"The demo is here" ?

FleetAdmiral AK

i was told i had to register Here cause it was the ONLY place that was going to have it, come to find out that they dont have it and i dont like how this board is ran, its like you have to be optimistic of you get your face bit off, atleast at pff we can hold a constructive conversation that may not be positive in nature. i honestly think this release was very poor. no site will hold a transfer for more then 90-120mb then they freeze, or they download at really slow rates. and please dont say oh try this site bla bla i tryd all of them on the list here and at pff before it went down and they all did the same thing. only thing that dows work is the torrent and it wont get above 20k max and only has 1 seed. i am disapointed with lucas arts with this the most they dont even have there own download. with that said i wont be returning to this site. thanks for your time.

Filefront is good i have DSl and its only taking me 2 hours and 40 mins

Maybe most of them have already downloaded the demo, yet, i downloaded from FileFront's european server and my DSL was steady to its max possible speed (1mpbs connection, 112KB.s steady); it took about 2 hours if im not mistaken, now it's 3am in the morning, have finished 4 missions of tutorial, and go to sleep :)

As for slow speeds on other sites, download accelerators will not help you unless the server allows accelerator to leach the file. For example, although CNET has decent fast servers, EaW demo is hosted by a server that allows only Windows' basic download manager to download the demo (which is the worst dl manager out there...).

Gamespot on the other hand, as i mentioned, did allow my DAP (Download Accelerator Plus - the best out there, especially when registered) to use its extreme accelerator mode (10 simultaneous connections for the same file); yet, since Gamespot was far too unsteady, the file stopped after 100MB were downloaded.

Anyway, stick to FileFront, it has decent very fast servers, even if it allows only one connection to be made (but with DAP this is, better than windows' dl manager one connection). You only have just to wait. Also, FilePlanet is at the same level of FileFront, but not as steady as the first one (as i said, my speed was the max one for the whole download).

Maybe most of them have already downloaded the demo, yet, i downloaded from FileFront's european server and my DSL was steady to its max possible speed (1mpbs connection, 112KB.s steady); it took about 2 hours if im not mistaken, now it's 3am in the morning, have finished 4 missions of tutorial, and go to sleep :)

As for slow speeds on other sites, download accelerators will not help you unless the server allows accelerator to leach the file. For example, although CNET has decent fast servers, EaW demo is hosted by a server that allows only Windows' basic download manager to download the demo (which is the worst dl manager out there...).

Gamespot on the other hand, as i mentioned, did allow my DAP (Download Accelerator Plus - the best out there, especially when registered) to use its extreme accelerator mode (10 simultaneous connections for the same file); yet, since Gamespot was far too unsteady, the file stopped after 100MB were downloaded.

Anyway, stick to FileFront, it has decent very fast servers, even if it allows only one connection to be made (but with DAP this is, better than windows' dl manager one connection). You only have just to wait. Also, FilePlanet is at the same level of FileFront, but not as steady as the first one (as i said, my speed was the max one for the whole download).

I'm using fileplanet as well. Wow 4am jeez obssessed. Don't you have school in a few hours?

We have university first exam period starting from next week. First goes study, next free time gaming ;)

Btw, don't worry if FilePlanet's demo file does not starts its install shield immediately; don't start pressing around the temporarily frozen windows to "kill" them (terminate them through task process manager) and don't open other heavy programs while doing so, as i did :) (and thought that i download a corrupted file which's only purpose was to throw it on the trash bin...); the demo will start after 20 or so seconds, depending on your machine (although mine is brand new; that's why i guess it has to do with the file).

And one final; go for the tutorial first, don't grab the small galactic conquest. Tried and recommended ;)

Guest DarthMaulUK
i was told i had to register Here cause it was the ONLY place that was going to have it, come to find out that they dont have it and i dont like how this board is ran, its like you have to be optimistic of you get your face bit off, atleast at pff we can hold a constructive conversation that may not be positive in nature. i honestly think this release was very poor. no site will hold a transfer for more then 90-120mb then they freeze, or they download at really slow rates. and please dont say oh try this site bla bla i tryd all of them on the list here and at pff before it went down and they all did the same thing. only thing that dows work is the torrent and it wont get above 20k max and only has 1 seed. i am disapointed with lucas arts with this the most they dont even have there own download. with that said i wont be returning to this site. thanks for your time.

Yet again someone doesnt actually read a post. Get the fully story next time. We have NEVER said that this will be the only place to have the demo. Our servers wouldnt be able to handle a first day download, so I decided for us not to have an exclusive a long time ago.

The demo has been in huge demand and probably caught out Lucasarts. More and more sites are putting the demo up and remember, bandwith isnt free for alot of these fansites

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ive been fine on mine and good luck on the dial up. It might be an idea to see if any torrent sites have been set up already to make it easier for you

DMUK

Ive been fine on mine and good luck on the dial up. It might be an idea to see if any torrent sites have been set up already to make it easier for you

DMUK

There are about 40 different torrents.

Speeds seem to be pretty well balanced torrent-wise, some people might wanna try that as opposed to direct downloads.

I got the demo 3 times in under a few hours.

Archived