Home

Star Wars: A Broken Galaxy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Tergis is dead. I was thinking of a new baddie :D))

Argus didn't stand but remained on his knees with his head bowed in a position of humility. He did respond however, "I dishonored you by leaving but I thought that I could make things right between us. You didn't have to follow me but you did. Why?"

Master Valia was watching from a distance where she couldn't be seen. She was joined by Sha-ron who had followed them back to Dantooine. They both watched in earnest.

"Because I feared you would be killed. You are not a Jedi yet, but merely an apprentice. You have not yet mastered what you need to of the force to be able to combat a Sith Lord of his stature.." He paused for a moment, then nodded. "Tergis is dead... i'm guessing that blast must've had prolonged damage.. rather pathetic for him to go out like that.."

He started to walk off. "I put my heart and soul into training you, we've been friends up to this point. I just have no idea who you really are anymore, Argus. It's like you've become someone else since i've become your Master.."

"How so? I changed my name when I was in the army, does that make me different? I was a pilot for the Republic before you met me. What I have in my mind is what I have used to survive," Argus didn't move but displayed perfect stoicism of a secret he had kept for so long.

"I cannot keep this much longer. I am an outcast of my people, my family too. I was born into it much like those on Taris. Outcasts are given a japporsnippit and the carvings represent the family or clan. I was orphaned at a young age and when I was old enough joined the Republic. Then I met you. During that time, I knew that I was different from other humans. I never knew my people until I met those in the army on Yavin."

"If you do not wish to follow my orders- the council's orders, or even the Jedi code, then leave. I will stay. You purposely put yourself in danger because someone you knew was going to get hurt. You let your emotions get the best of you. You still have much to learn.." He said, walking out of the room, out of sight.

I say you let them get the best of you Matthew. Your feelings are that transparent. You care for him and yet you discard him like a dirty cloak when he asks for forgiveness. If you do that, then you are no Jedi yourself, Valia sent, I care for him as much as you because you are great Jedi; brave, loyal.

Argus stood up and watched Matthew leave, "They never told me to stay and neither did you. Tergis, I remember who he was, one of us. An outcast, he let his anger get the better of him. I was surprised he would remember my family as he was once a friend but I saw he was not us no longer."

He could have gotten himself killed. I couldn't stand by and let my Padawan die. He left for a friend, I would've done the same.. I submit, but still, he shouldn't have left so suddenly, he could've taken someone with him..

He had been walking down the hallway. He still heard Argus, but he chose only to respond in one sentence. "You're right. No one asked you to stay."

It was his choice. He knew he disappointed you and he wanted to make things right. You mean more to him than you will ever know Valia sent.

Argus slipped into a run to catch up. He fell in step and said, "I know you are angry and I will leave now."

He then stopped and turned down the hallway to go back to the gardens. Sha-ron wanted to talk to him but chose not to seeing that things were not good. She instead turned to Master Valia and asked if she could stay which Valia took her to her own quarters.

Argus sat on the bench where Matthew had broken the lightsaber. He picked up the broken pieces and began to examine them. Seeing that the basics wer fine, he decided to fix it into something else. He knew that if he were on Belos, Matthew disgraced himself by not accepting it with proper grace. He knew no one would miss it and began to repair the pieces to make a new lightsaber.

"They know of what he did. They don't see it as foolishness. They see it as learning wisdom," then smiling she said, "And they had an idea of his background before they even adressed him. I would advise you to teach him how to deal with his heart for I suspect someone has distinct feelings that are nice to watch," and she walked into the chambers to take her seat on the council.

Argus finished with the parts and put them together. He looked at it and hardly recognized it for he had changed the blade and the hilt. The new crystal was the old one but he cut it differently to be of use. It was still red but he made a mental note to change it. He wanted to give it to his master and ask about it.

Matthew actually ran into Argus. Argus manged to keep ahold of his lightsaber that he had just finished. After a slight shuffle to get back inot place, he handed it to Matthew and asked, "Is this alright? I had some slight problems with the emitter matrix but it think it will work."

He stopped and looked down at the saber, picking it up and looking at it, nodding a little. "It's fine, but the deflection lens needs some tuning.. it's slightly misshapen.." He said, handing it back. "Be sure to change the blade color, wouldn't want any accidents," he said. He smirked then walked past.

"Alright.. lets go to the construction bench.." He said, walking to the Lightsaber construction area of the council chambers, motioning for Argus to set the 'saber down on the table top.

"Now.." He said, pulling out a drawer and bringing out a small pin light-really a laser. He slowly pulled away the top part of the hilt, unscrewing the lens and pulling out the deflection emitter and the crystal gently- as those two parts are especially fragile. "This is how I do mine.. it's different than normal.. seeing as you're rather courageous.." He said, pulling out a blue and a crimson-brownish colored stones. "What color?"

Valia spoke, "The council has reviewd the actions of Argus and have decided that he has learned wisdom though not in a manner consistent with the Jedi. Therefore he will remain your padawan Master O'Kari.

"In other respects with the death of one Sith lord, it seems that another disturbance has sprung. The Force bristles with it but like a whisper. To be honest, we do not know. Therefore you both shall go and determine the status of this whisper."

Archived