Home

Hidden video screen in Raz's Brain?

Toliver

I was in Raz's brain just starting up the vine/tower where Dogan's brain was being removed and turned around to see, off in the distance, a small video screen full of "snow" like what filled the caravan wagon doors & windows when Raz first entered his dream world.

Later on, when I got ranked up and got Levitation power I went back into his brain to tackle the vine/tower again and tried bouncing over to the area where I saw the video screen but couldn't figure a way to get there.

Is this just a mistake or crack in the game textures and maybe I am just seeing the TV "snow" from when I originally Raz's brain? Or is there really something over there?

Anyone?

128022417.jpg

In the game, the video screen off in the distance is animated just like TV "snow" in our world. I ran this screencap through Photoshop to brighten it up so you could see the video screen's location.

As to where this is specifically, Raz has just started up the vine-tower in his mental world. I turned him around for the heck of it. You can see the video screen until you reach the first curve in the vine. I tried seeing if I could still see it when I passed the sleeping meat but kept falling off at that point so I wasn't successful.

When I attempt to Levitate to the area where the video screen is I lose sight of the screen and just can't seem to find it again, which makes me think this might be a crack in the textures.

edited for clarity

To bright to be a safe (in the sense that it seems to be glowing from within, but I'm fully aware the picture has been brightened slightly), and too blue to be TV snow. I'm gonna take a guess and say it's one of those blue...glowy...things... okay, that sounded lame, but you all know they're there, the things you punch to get more lives or whatnot.

Not, it's not a memory vault since, as I posted above, the screen has animated "TV snow" in it and memory vaults don't have animated textures on them.

If it's a crack in the game polygons (a TV-shaped crack at that) then it is possible that the animated texture I am seeing could be the tornado (as kaecla posted) from the very beginning of Raz's mental journey. A tornado appeared next to Raz's caravan back at the beginning of his level.

Too bad there isn't a clipping cheat like most other games so we could wander through to see if the tornado is on the other side of the cavern wall.

(I could never get the cheats to work anyways...)

No, it isn't a movie. I went to check it out. At first I was like "dude thats weird" but when you get closer and levitate onto the rock in front of it, it's just one of those sprays of blue steam (or tornado, I thought it was like blue gas/steam or something.) I don't think it's a hole in the graphics, I think it's just part of the backround. Theres a larger one right behind the spot Raz hatches out of the egg shell.

Why are you guys all referring to the crazy meat asylum as Raz's mind? Isn't that supposed to be coach's mind interfering with Raz's? I thought the only bit in there that was really Raz's mind was the Gypsy cart, and everything after that was Coach broadcasting through the camp's psychic PA system?

Why are you guys all referring to the crazy meat asylum as Raz's mind? Isn't that supposed to be coach's mind interfering with Raz's? I thought the only bit in there that was really Raz's mind was the Gypsy cart, and everything after that was Coach broadcasting through the camp's psychic PA system?

nope that's not the coach's mind that's dr. loboto's mind.

No, it isn't a movie. I went to check it out. At first I was like "dude thats weird" but when you get closer and levitate onto the rock in front of it, it's just one of those sprays of blue steam (or tornado, I thought it was like blue gas/steam or something.) I don't think it's a hole in the graphics, I think it's just part of the backround. Theres a larger one right behind the spot Raz hatches out of the egg shell.

Yes, it is the green-ish tornado from earlier in Raz's mind.

Now that I am further along in the game and can handle levitation better I was able to get a better view. Turns out that the entire "cavern" that the vine-tower is in is actually a dome of vine shaped cutouts. So there are holes in the actual dome and what looks like a video screen from a distance is just a shape that looks like a video screen from the original position on the vine going up the tower. If you levitate up to where this "screen" is (you can't actually get up to the hole but you can see it better when levitating), you'll see it's really a hole between vines and doesn't really look like a screen at all.

Mystery solved! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Archived