Home

Ways of the Grey Jedi

Okay this is a thread we can get together and train, if you choose, to learn the Force but in the manner of a Grey Jedi. You can argue over morality issues or parts of the Jedi Code and choose to be light or dark or grey. Grey is the ultimate goal if you can achieve it.

Char max: as many who want to train

You can be any character provided it has not been taken and you have to have some experience with the Force. No using Jedi mind tricks on eachother. Give a bio description of yourself when you join so others can see your tendencies.

Rules: Be polite to others. You can argue but keep away from rude language. If you must, use characters like #$%. You can kill other characters only with their permission. Try in your posts to use first person whenever possible. You can boast tastefully about yourself such being the best star pilot.Other forum rules apply.

Note: This is sort of like a recruitment/casting call thread but it really is a character development one for an adventure that involves those that are the grey Jedi

The first stage is on Onderon in the jungles outside the city Iziz. Share new techniques or philosophies or you can kill another, with their permission. The goal is to gain rapport with the beastriders and gain an affinal relationship with one or more animals in the jungles. You can use any method you have learned, just be sure to share if you think it is worth knowing. The beastrider camp is a home base for the group to gather before leaving for another system. (The next planet will be announced in a future post)

Without further ado I will introduce my character (Try to follow the format when introducing yourself):

Name: Michaela Koros

Special Abilities: Visions of the future, the past, old friends long gone, Force Bonds with child sentients

Species: Human

Bio: Originally from beyond the Outer Rim, no one really knows except for her first Jedi Master. Her lightsaber blade is a color not seen often by other members of the order and possesses a mind that is like the Jedi Archives, able and full of knowledge of customs and traditions of other worlds. Strong in spirit, she seeks the greater mysteries of the Force and seeks to find her place in the galaxy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, JediMaster12, Revan Skywalker, and I started this exchange in the Unknown Regions thread Views of the Jedi. It's been fun, love this idea.

My character

Name: Stephen Crado

Special Abilities: Extensive knowledge of both Jedi and Sith techniques, exceptionally gifted in telekinesis, master of the Juyo and Niman lightsaber forms

Species:Human

Bio:Son of middle class residents on Coruscant. Given to Jedi Temple for training at age 3. Quickly rose to the level of Master at age 27. Carries a dark blue lightsaber. He became disinchanted with Jedi council and left Coruscant to seek solitude on Onderon. He found peace and knowledge on Onderon, and also spent many months in the company of the beastriders. He currently is training two new apprentices in the jungles of Onderon. He is stern, but fair. He can get a bit emotional when he gets excited. He can often be found meditating in his tent in the beastrider camp.

Name: Drask Verilucus

Arnament: Good pazaak deck, flask of juma juice, zabrak blaster, single blue lightsaber

Sepcial Abilities: High tolerance for juma juice, expert pazaak player, exceptional blaster skills, accomplished in lightsaber forms of Shien and Ataru (but usually too drunk to use effectively).

Species: Human

Bio: Drask defected from the Jedi Order because their teaching contradicts his own and he doesn't like it. He prefers a life with less discipline, and likes to be a bit more "relaxed".

Drask spends most of his time at the Iziz cantina drinking away, watching the twilek dancers, and playing pazaak (which he is really good at because he uses the force to his advantage). The morals of this Jedi defector are quite low, but he is not evil.

Drask usually uses his Zabrak blaster (which he won in a pazaak game of course). when in trouble, so people don't think he's a Jedi (if they did, they wouldn't play pazaak with him). Though he is also proficient in the use of the lightsaber and force, but is usually too drunk to do so.

Onderon is great, I personally prefer the Corusant cantinas, but I don't want any run-in's with the Jedi. I'm low on credits so if you win, I'll share you this bottle of Tarisian ale. Worth a lot of credits you know, with Taris gone and all. So you really want to play the champ huh? Alright, I'm looking forward to that juma, cuz I rather not pop the cap on this rather expensive and irreplaceable bottle of Tarisian ale right now. And it's been a whole 5 hours since my last drink!!!

Yes and maybe you might be surprised at what you learn as well. You can meet me at my waterfall sanctuary three clicks south of the city. Just be careful and if a boma comes out near the entrance, don't get all trigger happy Drask. That is my pet boma "Bob." I can't think of anything better because he is abnormal for a boma. If you get lost contact my master Stephen Crado and he can direct you to the beastrider camp or to my sanctuary. One more thing, try not to go trigger happy on the beasts here. I spent a week trying to get them to trust me and not bother me. Once you get here, I can show you how.

My apprentice, I believe we might have a Corellian with us. Am I wrong Verilucus? I don't mind a hit of juma myself, but you cannot let it cloud your vision. Literally or with the Force. I think some time in the jungles of Onderon and Dxun will do you some good. There are some pazaak players in the beastrider camp, and they told me that playing a Jedi would be a great honor. Although I don't know of anybody who would want to play beastrider rules except beastriders. ;)

Yes master which is why I requested him to be sober. I was merely trying an incentive so as to get him to leave the city Iziz, particularly the cantina. With you I would play dejarik, more challenging in my opinion. Did you happen to meet an old friend of mine in the camp? He goes by the name Jorak, at least in Iziz. I once heard his friends call him something else but I couldn't understand. if you see him tell him I found his staff. He left it in my sanctuary at the waterfall the last time he was her when he brought me here to meditate. Have you heard from the other pupil?

Incidently, I had a dream, I'm guessing a vision. It was in the jungles and what I saw was a big stone door. It had ancient seals on it and writing that is not Galactic Basic. I'm going to meditate on it some and see if it becomes more clear.

I used the force to get rid of the juma juice effects as i left the cantina. Doesn't really feel that good, but it was requested of me. Wonder what is going on, I left the city and headed to the spot described to me by Michaela. The jungle seemed dangerous, and I got my blaster ready for any conflicts...

Yes, i am in fact from Corellia, but it has been a while since i was last there. So I brought drinks and cards! I hope you have your own decks. Or is this not why you sent for me?

Well, if you are able in the Force, we would like to train you but you make the choice if you are light or dark but the goal is to see more grey than light or dark. The point of being here on Onderon is to learn to be one with the creatures and the living Force, in a way, see how it affects every thing. Now that you are here at the waterfall I will play one match with you. If you don't want to do this, you may leave and go wherever you like.

((This is like a recruitment thread for a later adventure. It's character development))

Name: Saren Sadaan

Special abilities: No weapon echani fighting, excepionaly good in meelee weapons.

Bio: After leaving jedi Academy Saren decided to become a grey jedi, but had to train in solitude to learn the ways of force and his blade skills. His only company for the last five years used to be his droid K5-M3, he is joining the academy in hopes, to use his potential. Living many years in opposite side of Galaxy have made his day a bit wrong- he sleeps most of days and trains all night. Whenever he needed supplies he worked causual errands for different people- starting from jedi masters to crime lords and even the sith, whenever the pay is good. Now he had come to Gray Jedi Academy to learn the ways of balance.

Welcome Saren Sadaan. I am at a waterfall sanctuary three clicks south of Iziz. My master Steven Crado is at the beastrider camp. He has good advice and can help you set on a path that is best suited to your abilities. My boma beast friend "Bob" patrols the camp and my sanctuary and he can sense if you mean no harm.

Great! I will go meet him right away. Wonder what will he tell me to do. Hey, you have some kinds of missions, or you just hang around and train in force? Sorry, but i realy couldn't find a lot about your academy, people mostly doesn't know about it and if they do they dnt want to talk about it. I guess i will just ask that to master.

Name: Mak-Hael Kirisz

Special Abilities:Hear a lot things,see future clearly,healer.

Species: Iridonian zabrak.

Bio: Mak-Hael was first only a smuggler,flying with his junk ship.Then he meet a Jedi knight that said he was Force sensitive.The Jedi knight's name was Stephen Crado.He took Mak-Hael to the academy on Onderon.And here we go.

Hi,Michaela.Wonder where Master is.I guess..Ough!(Mak-Hael fells to ground).

((More people are free to join as we go along. Just remember this is a training thread and later I'll start an adventure story thread. I'm still figuring out the type of adventure. Patience:)))

This is the first lesson:

We all know what the Force is. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us penetrates us and binds the galaxy together. It even touches the most rudimentary of creatures, creatures with mind more fragile than that of a sentient. With the Force anything is possible but here you are to gain trust with any creature here in the jungles of Onderon. How you do that is up to you but bear in mind most of these creatures can be easily provoked into violence. If you need assistance, I am sure Master Steven Crado will help out. He can be found at the beastrider camp often meditating. Have fun and remember to help each other.

((You can use the first person or if it's easier for you you can use story mode))

My students, the beastrider camp is located 5 clicks east of Iziz. Ask the beastriders questions about their history, as well as their techniques in calming and subdueing beasts. They are not Force techniques, but they will aid you in learning and mastering the techniques I will show you later in your training. Feel free to ask me questions if I'm around camp. If I'm meditating in my tent, do not disturb me.

Michaela is more advanced in her training here than many of you. Ask her questions as well to catch up in the lessons.

Blakreyn, you are still young Padawan. You will require more training in order for me to raise you to the rank of Jedi Knight. Increase your lessons and by the end of our stay here on Onderon, I will consider you a Jedi Knight. ;)

Patience Saren. My beastrider friend Jorak is also accomplished in calming beasts. Usually he is out in the jungles. He shows himself when he feel like it and will often give advice. Just remember, the way of Jedi is long and difficult; there are many hardships and the rewards are small but it's the small rewards that bring fullfillment.

Master Crado... (sigh).... I have successfully gained the trust of a beast but.... It was through violence itself. Killing it's own predators.... I have to be honest. It was cruel. I hopped on the predator's back, grabbed a short sword and slashed it down it's back. The other creature walked up to me and followed me around. Right now he is at my house. I do not know what it is called but I named him Thrudeth. HE is my pet now. I use him to help me train.

Developing trust is important though. It's hard for me to describe because my people at least my tribe has a natural ability with animals. We don't use violence but words that are gentle. It is said we speak on the four winds because it like a whisper. It saddens me that you used violence. The Sith use the beasts as instruments of war and the occassional sentient sees them as beasts that are violent. The Sith use fear and I believe that is why the beast is following you. There were whispers among the drexls that a killing had been made.

The best thing to do is not make the beast fear you but accept you as someone who won't harm it. Try offering a bit of rations at a distance. Everyday keep the food coming closer until it will allow to feed it by hand. It is long I know but I don't wish the creature to fear you. Fear attracks the fearful, the strong, the weak and the innocent. Try this Blakreyn. Master Crado will give advice too.

Archived