Home

Ways of the Grey Jedi

Yes. Today I tried playing with Thrudeth and it made him really happy. He is a very athletic uhhh.erm... whatever he is... We even drank some of dat' good stuff from Telos together. Eye' that was fun. Well Thrudeth is a very good companion. I don't think it's from fear. I saved his life last second. If I didn't do what I did, he would have been killed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Michaela, you are wise beyond your years. You will become a far wiser Jedi than even I can hope to be.

Blakreyn, if you saved the creature's life, I believe you have gained his trust. As long as you didn't strike down Thrudeth's opponent in anger, you did nothing wrong. Defending life is the very essence of a Jedi. But, killing in anger only leads down a path that is hard to return from. Return to beastrider camp and talk to Jorak, I believe he has returned from the jungles for supplies. He can instruct you on the proper training for Thrudeth. Beastriders train beasts to become friends as well as allies. With proper training, Thrudeth will be a trusted ally for you.

Saren and Mak-Hael, so far the beastriders think highly of you. Keep up the good work and listen well to the beastriders.

Now if you will please excuse me, I will retire to my tent to meditate. (enters tent, kneels and centers himself for meditation)

I spent most of my time at the camp gambling with the Beast Riders and drinking. Every game I played I practiced the use of the force. Reading thoughts, predicting cards, and by the end of the day I won a numerous amount of credits and a couple grenades. While the others trained, I trained in my own way as well. I considered my success in the card games as an achievement, drunk and disorderly I went out into the night into the jungle.

The jungle was really humid, and I couldn't figure out why I was out here. Just taking a walk I thought. I was quite calm, despite the dangers of wandering into the jungle at night. A predator soon found me, a vicious dexl. The beast swipped me with one of its claws and sent me into the air. Somehow it wasn't painful, must be the effects of the Tarisian ale I took along. I stumbled around a bit, having difficulty regaining balance and drew my blaster. My drunkeness made me able to hit the beast only once before sending me flying into the air again. The grip of my hand was unable to keep hold of my blaster and it was out of reach as I lay on the ground. The drexl charged, just before it bit my head off I sent the beast flying into the air with simple force push move. With a quick, precise movement, I force jumped into the air while igniting my lightsaber and slashed the beast across the abdomen.

The blade of my lightsaber had a profound effect on me. I haven't ignited the blade since I arrived on Onderon. It made me remember the ways and teaching of the Jedi. I switched the blade off, and turned to the dying drexl. Its breaths were fast, its body trying to cling for life. First, I thought it would be best to leave it there to die. But as I walked away I found my blaster and picked it up. Then turned around once more to look into the eyes of the drexl. I raised the blaster to it. The Jedi teaching once more began to flow through my mind and I walked back over to where it lay. Instead of shooting it, I used the force to heal the beast. It then went into a slumber and I tiringly strolled back to the camp, luckily without anymore attacks.

I sense your thoughts are disturbed Drask. You Have reawakened what had been imparted to you. It is the Force you feel. Do not turn away from it but instead listen to its whispers. Come Master Crado and I can help guide you down the familiar paths. Clear your mind must be and good luck.

Blakreyn that is good news. Could you describe your beast? I may help you in identification. Keep up the work in making that bond strong. Connections with others can create a power of one. Just remember that should your feelings change or if one of you were to die it would leave a wound. Keep at it Padawan.

Sounds like the description of a cannock but also like a malraas. Could you describe the eyes? Does it make a cat like roar?

I am pleased that you and your friend are getting along. Do not be afraid to ask the beastriders for assistance.

Master Crado, will time be measured in standard weeks or months here on Onderon?

I'm thinking it is a malraas. It is interesting that it follows and trusts you. I've learned that malraas tend to be vicious and rather violent if startled but it follows you. Interesting...

Still it is good that you are developing a bond of trust. My boma friend "Bob" is rather devoted to me but don't let his docile nature fool you. He can be just how the Force created his rudimentary survival skills.

As mentioned in the previous lesson, you were to gain rapport with a creature of the jungles. Also recall that all life is connected through the Force. The object of this lesson is to "hear" and "see" that connection. "Listen" and reach out with all your perceptions, strip away the basics such as the tree you sit next to. Concentrate on the connections you made with the creatures and listen. Even the most rudimentary creature has feelings, a life, perceptions, though not as complex as a sentient human. To hear what a creature hears put into perspective that is which we call truth. Truth is merely what one sees from a point of view. That is my lesson to you.

Should difficulties arise, consult Master Crado in the beastrider camp.

((Master Crado, if you feel the need to impart a lesson, fill free to. Just label it and give a discription))

Michaela, time will be measured in weeks here on Onderon. I sense a tremor in the Force. It is small but yet I feel it still. I feel we must increase the training of the apprentices. We must leave Onderon soon to investigate this tremor in the Force. I will end my meditation soon. When I do, will begin teaching the beast trick techniques at once.

My students, I have decided to advance the training. It is time to learn the beast trick techniques.

The first lesson is beast control. When you encounter a beast, you will be able to distract it for a short time. Let us begin.

(Master Crado kneels and closes his eyes)

Quiet your thoughts. Quiet your emotions. Stretch out with the Force. You will feel the mind of the beast. It is raw, primal. Yet it is easily touched. Reach out in the Force, and focus on calming thoughts toward the beast. Lay those thoughts on the beast, and if you are successful, the beast will become distracted.

(Master Crado opens his eyes and stands)

This technique will take time for some of you, for others, it will come easily. Practice often and this technique will become valuable in the future.

Master, I walked through the jungles finding different plants for remedies. I came across a malraas. I stopped, he saw me, I saw him. He came close, I stood my ground. He let out a roar. Through the Force, I released a roar. We continued to stare. The malraas sat and allowed me to touch him and I went on my way. There are whispers now of a language not known to any sentient, older; those of the beasts. I can hear what they say...

Blakreyn, go to my waterfall sanctuary. I have a supply of herbs to heal your wounds. As for replacement, you should go to Iziz. Examine your thoughts during your attempt. Try to think different thoughts the nest time your come across a creature.

• 4 weeks later...

Name, Ryan Priessman

Age, 14

Occupation, on Onderon training under a great Jedi Master

Special abilities, white force lightning, heal, push/pull, mind trick.

Bio, I started my Jedi career during the Mandalorian Wars, and went on through the Jedi Civil War, but stayed in hiding during Darth Nihilus' rampage. Since then, I have returned. My lightsaber color is purple and I wear dark and light brown Jedi Robes.

I have my own ship, the Bright Light.

I have something to share with everybody. There is a part of the Force, or maybe even something entirely, called the White Current. It allows you to see into the future and past. I have found it very useful when trying to avoid Nihilus.

Archived