I'd like for you to be able to only have her wear the outfit I

made for her, but to get the properties of what you put on her,

like how you can put new robes on Kreia, but her clothing never

changes.

How would I do that? What would I put in each entry field in the

appearance.2da file?

Also, how could I have her be wearing the outfit I made for her

in the start up selection screen, and not the default clothing

that you see when you select a new character?

Thanks!

I would say you have to enter in each column the standard appearance you want for your character except the different ones for each armor and robe. So whatever your PC wears, the appearance stays the same. You can take Kreia as an example. She has in every column her standard model P_KreiaBB (that's way she looks always the same) and not the different ones like the player.

Anyway, how can I make it so that you CAN NOT equip any armors

and such on my Rayne.

Don't give any Armor Proficiencies, and put the column for the party member in feat.2da to 255 to prevent them from being able to pick it at levelup.

changes.

How would I do that? What would I put in each entry field in the

appearance.2da file?

Also, how could I have her be wearing the outfit I made for her

in the start up selection screen, and not the default clothing

that you see when you select a new character?

Kreia uses a full model and not a body+head separated one, so she doesn't have any models for the separate clothing styles.

You should be able to achieve the same result with a body+head model by setting the same model and texture for all the different body-variation columns in appearance.2da (modela, texa ---> modeln, texn columns). This way the same model would be used regardless of what armor is worn.

The only problem with this is headgear, since they have global models and don't depend on the appearance type of the wearer. To not show any headgear you'd probably have to remove the hook for it from the head model.

Anyway, how can I make it so that you CAN NOT equip any armors

and such on my Rayne.

Ok if you don't want to be able to equip an item is seperate from the question your asking below. To NOT Equip any armor there is a field in appearance.2da that if I recall is titled item limitations. The drawback is it is hardly used and it seems to be a bit obscure as to what number to put in there so that you can limit the item.

changes.

For this I would go with stoffe -mkb-'s answer above.

oh, I forgot...

Is it possible to change how she appears in the Start-up Selection screen?

(Second part of my questions from above ^ )

If I edit her appearance to my outfit she wears it fine, but the

selection screen goes all wonky and has her with the shape of the

basic clothes, but no texture.

Can I fix that, or is that a game engine thingy that can't be fixed?

I had that once, but I must confess, I don't know how I fixed it. It was the shape of the right models, but they had no textures, were only black or white. I tried changing the apperance.2da several times and suddenly, it just ... worked, although I didn't do anything different. :confused:

If I edit her appearance to my outfit she wears it fine, but the

selection screen goes all wonky and has her with the shape of the

basic clothes, but no texture.

Can I fix that, or is that a game engine thingy that can't be fixed?

Unfortunately the game engine only loads the clothing body model of the first character appearance it loads, but it loads the textures for each appearance you switch between. In the normal game this wasn't a problem since all player appearanced have the same body model, but with mods changing this it will look strange like you said. The only way (AFAIK) that your character's body will display properly is if the game picks it (randomly) as the standard appearance when the character creation screen opens.

To NOT Equip any armor there is a field in appearance.2da that if I recall is titled item limitations. The drawback is it is hardly used and it seems to be a bit obscure as to what number to put in there so that you can limit the item.

If you mean the equipslotslocked column that wouldn't work in this case since it only prevents equipping/unequipping items in a particular inventory slot. Clothes, Robes and Armor shares the same inventory slot, so you can't use it to only prevent equipping armors while allowing robes and clothing.

Unfortunately the game engine only loads the clothing body model of the first character appearance it loads, but it loads the textures for each appearance you switch between. In the normal game this wasn't a problem since all player appearanced have the same body model, but with mods changing this it will look strange like you said. The only way (AFAIK) that your character's body will display properly is if the game picks it (randomly) as the standard appearance when the character creation screen opens.

Yep, I got it all edited and she shows up in a new game

selection screen in HER outfit, but as a Sentinel, so I

tried choosing her as a Guardian and her outfit went way

weird :)

Oh, well, as long as the other works this isn't a huge

problem. I'll just include in the readme that the outfit

will just do that when someone selects her as the PC :)

Thanks!

The only problem with this is headgear, since they have global models and don't depend on the appearance type of the wearer. To not show any headgear you'd probably have to remove the hook for it from the head model.

I don't mind about the headgear, that can show

I just wanted her clothes to always be the outfit I made :)

Archived