Home

Escargot (read, chef Zoom)

Perhaps my all-time favorite food is escargot (snails). Ususally served as an appetizer, I could eat them doezens at a time (and I do, when made at home). I had my first taste of them when I was a mear two years old and have been hooked ever since. So, share your escargot experiences! Zoom, do you have any favorite recipies or have you not ever cooked them?

Just trying to get more discussions going smile.gif

DARN!

Now I have to drag out my tape of "The Jerk" again!

I have a rule: Whenever someone mentions escargot I have to watch the "Waiter! There are SNAILS on her PLATE!" scene.

Oh well. It's been a while. I was overdue.

I'll be back in a few hours.

------------------

"I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my life-style"

Guest Jabba The Hunt

snails thats terrible how could you eat them

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Snails? Jeezix, no!

...Can't say I've cooked them myself. wink.gif I saw a chef do it for a gourmet banquet once. He sauteed them at a relatively low temperature in drawn butter and garlic, with a bit of fresh herbs (thyme, basil, oregano and rosemary), drizzled them with with sauterne wine and finished the sauce with a pat of whole butter. As I recall, the critters seemed a little underdone when he pulled the pan off, but they finished cooking nicely in their own heat (this is the secret to perfect seafood, BTW.)

What would I do with escargot? Put peanut butter on 'em, then sear the dogsh*t out of 'em in a hot cast iron skillet along with fresh, peeled serrano chilis...all of which would go in an orange teriyaki sauce, served over white rice, with sake. But I'm crazy. biggrin.gif

------------------

'What's up is clearly defined as the opposite of what is down, in this case being the strongest source of local gravity...failing that, in space, what's up is opposite the direction of accelerative G-force--or what I'm targeting with these laser cannon. Die, b*tch!'

--Official forum space terrorist

[This message has been edited by Zoom Rabbit (edited May 15, 2001).]

Originally posted by Darth Sceltor:

Chinese food is the only good thing to come out of China besides fireworks.

Wufei.

No, wait. That just proves your point. confused.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

You forgot one of the most amazing movies ever, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!

Oh yeah, and Wufei didn't come from China, he came from the L5 colony cluster. tongue.gif

------------------

Love people. Use things. Not vice versa.

XWA's Resident Finance Manager

Archived