Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Shattered Allegiance

"There are a few things you should know," Annika answered, continuing to walk. "First and foremost, I am not a Jedi. Second, you should really be clearer with what you want to know. How did I know what? That you're running from the Sith? That there are two of you?"

She laughed slightly. "Being this near to two such Force adepts as yourself, it is difficult for another Force adept to miss. And as for how I knew you're running from the Sith, I was once in a similar position, though I seem to have fared better than the two of you."

She stopped and turned to face them. "Actually, you may have heard of me. I think the Sith may still tell stories of my escape from time to time. I am Annika Venn."

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He stopped dead in his tracks. Annika Venn? he thought to himself, looking her over. She compares to the tales.. He blinks a little. "Why do you approach us, Annika.. do you wish to help us? Or capture us.. for credits..?" He spoke, his hand resting on the hilt of his lightsaber.

When Ave got to the inside of the Cantina, he walked up to th bartender. "Can you give me a record of the ships that landed here recently?" He asked. The bartender looked at him strangely, then grunted, then pulled out a datapad. "I'll tell you. . . For a price." Ave grabbed the bartender by the collar and picked him up. "TELL ME IF YOU EVER WANT TO REACH THE FLOOR ALIVE!" Ave shouted, gripping tighter.

"Okay, I'll tell." The bartender could barely breather, right when he was dropped. HE held out his datapad. "Okay. First, the usual import ships. Next, your ship. Then, A ship that belonged to Kedran, an RCOF agent. Then, a ship that carried two former siths, former jedis like Annika, a person who comes to this bar often. Then, a group of Dark Jedis!" The bartender looked at his datapad more carefully. "WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!" He shouted. "AN ARMY OF DARK JEDIS ARE INVADING! EVERYONE GET TO THE ARMORY AND FIGHT BACK!" Suddenly, the whole croud ran one direction, and came out with loads of weopons and armor. "Man." Ave said to himself. "I thought this was gonna be a peaceful kill." He loaded his sniper, turned on the battery, and ran to the main hallway, where the dead body still layed on the floor. 'Reputation still the same.' He thought and aimed out the window.

He saw a whole lot of things that caught his interest. First, he saw the swarm of Dark Jedis. Then he saw Annika VEnn, with the two people he was after. And after that he saw Kedran chasing after the Dark Jedis. "This will be lovely." Ave said and fired a shot that went throught three Dark Jedis' heads. "The anti-force battery is working good." He fired some more shots, and the Dark Jedi swarm started to split.

Ave jumped out the window and landed in front of the swarm. He pulled out his lightsaber. "Your'e all going down." HE said and started attacking a Dark Jedi. Meanwhile bullets were flying all around him as the malitia of drunk people from the bar. IT was a battle.

Suddenly, more ships came in, and republic troops jumped out of the ships. The sky turned to smoke and there was chaos everywhere. "STOP!" A repulic general said. "We are all here after two people." The shooting stopped and everyone turned towards the two runaways, who were in the middle of everyhing. Ave and Kedran aimed their weopons. Annika stood in front of the two, and the republic, dark jedi, and bar armies all stood around everyone.

"We force you to surrender." The republic general said.

Lilah looked up in the distance and saw lights in the distance. She nudged Lionel, "Looks like they caught up with us the schuttas!" She had her hand resting on her lightsaber blade but made no move to grab it. She stretched out with all her senses and saw that they would be in for a rough fight if they stayed on that docking ring. She motioned for Lionel and Annika to follow her and she made a swift movement and deemed to disappear in the crowd. Using almost all her energy she stretched out her perceptions to include Lionel and Annika until they found a place to remain undetected. When they arrived in an abandoned apartment quite a distance away, Lilah relaxed her deceptive technique. The ordeal had drained her of strength that she collapsed on the floor in front of Lionel and Annika. The last thoughts before she saw black was that she had shamed herself and had shown weakness.

Lionel panted a little bit and ran over to Lilah, picking her up, supporting her head, her robes drooping down past his arms, covering them in the folds. "We have to get somewhere safe. Those soldiers will be charging up our loading ramp any second," he said, walking to Annika. "You help us, we help you. We know something that you don't."

((Uh Lilah led the group away from the scene. They are in an abandoned apartment. One of Lilah's talents is that she can blend in her surroundings, a borrowing from Jacen in EU))

Lilah didn't hear anything, just a void. Her thoughts were muddled with memories, with doubts. She saw light at the end of a long tunnel, it seemed as if she were lost.

We gunned down the remaining Dark Jedi in the streets. Unfortunetly the ones we were after got away somehow. They won't be able to evade justice forever. When it was over, all the lightsabers had to be turned over to the Republic soldiers. There wouldn't be any trophies to be taking home this time. Finally I turned to the man who was wielding the sniper rifle. He seemed like the only bounty hunter around. The rest were rag-tag militia or uniformed Republic soldiers. Along with the dead bodies of Dark Jedi laying around. "Name is Kedran, are you the one I am suppose to meet?" I said to him.

"There's a reason Jedi and Sith won't touch me," Annika said. "They can't and neither can the Republic, for none of them can ever quite track me down. You want to hide? Come with me."

She turned and, with Lionel carrying Lilah and following her, she left the small apartment. In seconds, they were underground and there, in a large cavern, Annika's ship was sitting quietly.

"I have a similar docking bay all to myself on most civilized planets," she said. "It's one of the reasons I'm so hard to trace. They never can tell where I am until I kill. When that happens, they know they can't hope to find me, as I'm offworld before they even know it happened."

She went up the ramp and it sealed behind her and the two runaways.

"So tell me," she said, heading for the cockpit. "You said you know something I don't. What is it?"

He walked in and set Lilah down on a small repulsor-lift bed, then turned to Annika. "I know your parents aren't in hiding, and we know that you know that sooner or later, you'll lose connection to the Force completely, and lose those precious lightsaber skills of yours. If you want to, we can prevent that from happening," he said, walking over and sitting in the co-pilot's chair. He leaned back slightly, looking around at the controls, but not touching them.

"Nice ride."

Annika was speechless for several seconds. Finally, she managed, "I... but... how? Why?"

Her astonishment was replaced with frustration. "How is that even possible? Loosing my connection to the Force?"

"And of course my parents aren't in hiding," she finished, almost in tears. "They're dead!"

Lionel walked a few feet infront of her, his eyes showing no grief, as he was trained. "I know.. And your connection to the Force is being diminished by the lives you have taken. The souls and spirits of the dead are eating your power away." He moved a bit closer," my parents..." He sighed for a second, then spoke, "are dead too. My mother died at birth and my father.." He looked away for a second.

"I regretfully.. killed him myself."

As Annika powered her ship and prepared for takeoff, she was silent. The ship began moving forward slowly, moving down a tunnel that had no end in sight. Then, Annika nodded.

"I am in the process of helping you," she said, her tears gone, her face showing nothing but determination mixed with anger. "You've explained why I need help. Explain how you can help me."

He moved to sit back in the co-pilot's chair, strapping himself in. "That will wait," he said, booting up his side of the console, his fingers dancing around the LCD screen buttons. "In the meantime, let's focus on the present. How we will help you will reveal itself in our travels, with time," he said, flicking a button on above his head.

"Activating rear thrusters."

Annika nodded. There were several seconds of silence. Then, she said, "Going up."

She angled the ship slightly upward to adjust to the tunnel they were in; it was now heading slightly up. There was finally an end to the tunnel. The rocky wall slid open and Annika directed the ship up toward space. The rock wall slid closed behind them.

"We're headed for one of my personal favorite hiding spots," Annika told Lionel. "By the way, you now know who I am, but I've not yet learned who you and your companion are."

"Yeah. I'm Ave." Ave said and started walking to a corner, still in sight. "Wait one second. I'm checking my radar. . . Supposedly, the two are at an abandoned apartment. I have a plan." Ave turned around and walked back to him. "OK. First you storm the apartment while I wait outside. When you find them , give me the signal. I'll snipe them from outside. I know it's not the smartest of plans but it will work. And with this new battery I have, force sensitives can't detect the shot."

"Well, he had a crew.." He leaned back, unstrapping himself as they glided through space. He tapped a few buttons into his LCD screen as the small blip on their radar dissappeared and she ship's outer shell turned transparent, cloaked.

"I was originally a recruit for the Republic. I was on one of their attack ships, the Falcon 7." He sighed a little, trying to think back.

*Flash Back*

There were rumbles as the ship took hits to it's hull, sending violent vibrations throughout the interior of the ship.

"SIR! Three Sith Interceptors and a capital ship have appeared out of nowhere!" Lionel said, panicking. "Not good, not good.." He said, heading back to the armory and grabbing a DLT-77 disruptor rifle and a D-33 energy pistol. He wielded the rifle in one hand and the pistol in the other as he walked back to the captain. He handed him the rifle. "We might need this, captain," he said, charging up the pistol.

"You know, you're pretty smart for a sixteen year old," the aging captain said, firing up the rifle.

"SIR! They've docked with our ship, prepare to repel the boarders!" A voice came in over the intercom. Lionel started running for the docking bay. "LIONEL!" The captain shouted.

Not hearing what he yelled, he headed towards the bay himself. He was caught off-guard as seven sith soldiers poured out from the long tube. He fired several rounds before retreating around the corner, a hail of red beams went flying past. He stayed there until one sith soldier started to walk around the corner.

As the sith passed, he wrapped his free arm around the soldier's neck and emptied one shot into the sith's neck, burning a hole through his armor and his skin. He kicked the body aside and turned his gun around the corner, firing random shots. Several republic soldiers finally showed up, rifles blazing.

"Backup... about time." He saw one of his bunk mates run up to him, donned in full republic armor. "Lionel.. glad to see you.. here, take this, I picked up an extra for you." He handed Lionel another D-33 pistol and three energy cartridges.

"But.. Mark.." The soldier peered around the corner at an empty hallway. Lionel reloaded his original pistol and put the remaining ammo in his breast pocket. He heard Mark gasp then breath heavy, then he heard a thud and a dull hum. He pressed up against the wall, fearing for his life.

"Search the ship, find any survivors, report back to me." A voice said, dark and raspy. Lionel watched as a man in black robes strode past, wielding a bronze lightsaber. He stepped out as soon as he didn't see anyone else.

He was wrong.

The man in the robes was standing around the corner, he stepped up at the wrong time, right in the man's face. The man raised his lightsaber just as Lionel ducked and rolled backwards, unloading on the man with both pistols, each shot being expertly deflected. One of the stray blaster shots hit his right shoulder, sending searing pain up his arm.

It's all over.. He said to himself, still firing at the man until another stray shot hit his left knee, immobilizing his knee and making him scream out in pain. He took one look at the man and raised his pistol with his left hand. He shot the last cartridge, the beam being deflected away.

He coughed up a small amount of blood on his shirt as he tried to scoot backwards away as the man walked towards him. The lightsaber was inches away from his throat as he stopped moving, being blocked by a wall.

The lightsaber drew back as the man grabbed his shirt, lifting him into the air and sniffing slightly, shivering. "Such.. raw power.." The hooded man said, throwing him backwards towards the tube. "You're coming with me," he said, dragging Lionel into the tube and onto his ship.

*End of flashback*

"And he trained me for two years, teaching me just about all he knew. I finally was sent on a mission. A mission to kill a smuggler. His name was Fered Derke, my father. I successfully killed him but I found error in my ways and I stole a cargo hauler from the bay of Revan's capital ship and took off, taking one of his Dark Jedi apprentices along with me. Little did she know, I was his apprentice as well.."

He said, sighing a little and sitting up, leaning on the console with his elbows which were covered in shredded black fabric. "Little did I know, that apprentice was Lilah."

"They are not there anymore." Ave raised an eyebrow at me. "I know how skilled these Dark Jedi are, if anything they are about to leave the planet. Or more likely, they've already left. Now we have to start from scratch. They probably didn't take a coventional ship at the docks, so they're departure won't be on record. If it was, the Republic fleet would be all over them."

Ave wouldn't have it, instead relying on his radar device. We kicked down the door to the apartment anyways to find it empty wasting even more valuable time. Proving that mediocre devices could not match my intuition due to years of experience hunting their kind. The chances of tracing the movements of these fugitives was decreasing rapidly."Haven't had much experience hunting Sithies have you? Tell me bounty hunter, how much are you getting paid?" It would be best not to trust this man. Bounty hunters are nothing but a bunch of slimebags that only speak in the language of credits. The second the Republic stops paying him is the second he could turn on us and find a new employer. Possibly the other notorious factions of the galaxy that could finance having him to be in their service. Like the Hutts, Exchange, Czerka or even the Sith.

Now where would three menacing Dark Jedi go if they were being hunted by the Republic, Jedi, and their own kin? "But why would the Sith want them too?" I thought. They never told me what these fugitives did to deserve capture or termination. Doesn't matter, they follow Dark Side whether they are with the Sith or not. And the more of them dead, the better. Plus, I'm not going back to prison.

(Maybe your characters are not dark sided. But it's what Kedran believes, and he will hunt you for it)

((Just know they'll have a hell of a time finding us. We're in hyperspace now and Lionel just activated a cloaking device I didn't realize my ship had :D

But considering what Annika does, it makes sense she'd have one :) ))

((What can I say? I have an interest in.. those type of things))

"I did.. before the attack on my Republic ship. We grew up in the same town, but we barely ever saw each other. I only knew her by her first name, but by the time I knew that, I was already drafted into the Republic." He looked around the ship a little, then back out the viewscreen.

"Kind of ironic that we meet under these cirumstances.. a legend meeting two Dark Jedi on the run," he spoke with a monotone. "Maybe it's foreshadowing something. I was always taught that I was in control of my destiny. Maybe there isn't any foreshadowing.. or destiny. Maybe the Force brought us three together.. for a reason." He said, glancing at the two females and raised an eyebrow sarcastically.

"Whatever it was, it has one hell of a sense of humor."

((You got the name right))

Lilah made a groan as she woke. The last she thing she remembered was feeling angry at herself. She gazed up to see the light up ahead but being disoriented, she was confused and starting to get frustrated. She tried to sit up but got lightheaded very quick and fell off the bunk (I'm assuming) with a loud clunk. She muttered quietly to herself, "I should have never have left my people."

"We control our steps," Annika said thoughtfully, "but our destiny, where our steps take us never changes. If we chose other steps, we may not have come together as we did."

She frowned and glanced back. "I think your friend may be waking up. I've got things under control here. Why don't you see how she's doing?"

Archived