Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Shattered Allegiance

Lionel nodded and stood up, walking over to Lilah, helping her to her feet. "Well well, the sleeping beauty woke," he said, glancing around a little, "you're not going to pass out on me are you?" He said, supporting her so she wouldn't fall down again. He led her to a chair and sat her down, moving her hand to her side, off of his shoulders

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Darn it!" He shouted, and banged his radar. "O now it's working. It was busted and frozen." Ave looked at it again. "It says that they are heading to Alderaan(yes alderaan), and they are resting in space. You can come in my ship, it's better than your junk heap."

I grabbed Ave's radar device and tossed it in the air while quickly pulling out one of my blaster pistols and blasting it. I put the pistol back in my holster and turned to Ave. "That won't be any use in this mission. If this thing could track them that easily, then Republic or Sith fleet would be all over them by now. By now they are off planet and still alive which means they must have a cloaking device on their ship to avoid detection. You do not hunt Dark Jedi with conventional methods, it just doesn't work! Meh, bounty hunters... rely too much on crude tactics. It is possible they went to en route to Alderaan, but we cannot be sure." Ave was insulted by my remark, but this bounty hunter seemed to be more skilled then all the other I've come across. "Let's go to your ship and take off. I have an idea on how we can find them."

We got on the ship, and right away I hooked up my own tracking device next to the computer console and logged onto the holonet. Then I started slicing. "Alright, here's is a list consoles on ships logged onto the holonet and are currently in hyperspace. We normally would not be able to see this, but I have this special device which allows me to." The list had thousands of ships on it. "There are specific hyperspace routes ships have to follow in order to not hit something in real space, so we filter out the ships that are not on a hyperspace route that has Correllia in its path... Now we look at the ships that are in hyperspace that are headed away from Correllia." The list got smaller and smaller as I filtered out the variables. Some ships popped in out, as their personnel logged on and off. "Now we wait for them to log on to the holonet. Hack their navi computer records, and grab their last hyperspace coordinates." I said hoping that somebody would log on, for it was the only way to track them. They had to log on in order for us to get their location. "But how can we be sure it's they're ship, there are plenty of ships on that list!" Ave stated. "Simple, it is the console that does not carry a ship signal with it, since they are cloaked. Good trick huh?" So we waited, and watched as ships popped in and out. Each computer console on the list came with a ship signal so none of those could be the one. "So we sit, and wait."

(Only way I could come up with to more realistically and fairly track you guys.)

"Where are we? Eh, How long was I out?" Lilah asked. She was rather embarrassed that Lionel had seen her like that as she had respect for his talent. She just sat in the chair and brought her long legs into a cross legged position though how she was going to stay on the chair was anyone's guess. Her embarrassment was showing through and couldn't find anything else to say.

"Been out for an hour and a half. It's alright, i'm rather used to it by now," he said, getting up and walking around a little. "We might as well enjoy the time we're getting off now, because when we go planetside, they'll be on us really fast." He moved to sit back in the co-pilots chair, rapping on the LCD screen a few times, resulting in several hearty beeps.

He glanced to Annika, "So... where are we headed?" He said, raising his right eyebrow.

Lilah asked, "Not Alderaan. They would track us faster there than bulls-eying womp rats."

By that time she had somehow crossed her legs on the chair and was hovering from an inch to an inch and a half off the seat. She decided to meditate, an odd thing for a former Dark Jedi but her former master and current companions didn't know wouldn't hurt them. She focused on a place that she had only heard of in memory and reached out with all her perceptions. She saw the clear falls and greenlands of her people. It was beautiful but the ugly thought of not belonging intruded and she backed away. She knew she was more than ready to leave the Sith but she was not ready to voice her opinions as to why. Opening her eyes she watched Annika and Lionel talking in the cockpit and she was tempted to use the Force to listen.

((Some places I describe may seem strange because they exist beyond known space. Read Heart of the Guardian for a better idea if you are confused))

"Made a relatively blind jump," Annika answered. "I'll pull out here in another few seconds and make another. We'll pull out of that in another few minutes and actually go somewhere. A place I doubt you've heard of. It's a planet on the edge of the galaxy that has been lost to the records of the Republic."

"Skirting the edges of Tatoo system now," Annika answered. She tapped the map and the Tatoo system came up. Another tap and the map showed Tatooine. "You may have heard this is a good system to hide... but it's a trap, really. Some of the worst kinds of sentient beings go there to hide. Anyone who's looking for a criminal looks there first."

Several more taps and the map showed empty space. "This is where we're heading. It may look like empty space, but that's only because the planet there isn't on any galactic map. For all intents and purposes, this planet does not exist. That's why I like it."

She smiled. "That and the fact that I've gotten to know the residents very well. They'll defend us to their deaths if they have to and they're hard to beat. Since I entered their lives, they've all trained extensively in several forms of ranged and melee combat. A warrior society, really."

Another few taps and the map was once more showing the entire galaxy. Annika pointed to the far edge of it. "This is about where we're headed." She pointed again. "This is where we are. It'll take us at least a day to get there, but we can make it without landing for fuel or anything else."

The console began to beep and Annika looked at it. "Coming out of hyperspace just short of Tatooine. Anyone who's trying to trace us will think we've landed there as our trail will simply disappear here."

The ship came out of hyperspace and Annika redirected it toward Geonosis. "If they're clever enough to spot our trail after Tatooine, they'll see we jumped toward Geonosis, so that's where they'll go," she said. "But we're not going all the way. We're dropping out in about ten minutes."

The ship went back to hyperspace and Annika leaned back in her chair looking rather thoughtful. "It's been years since I've been on the run," she said quietly. "I almost forgot how fun it was."

She smiled slightly. "Things get a little boring when you're uncatchable."

He grinned mischievously, "Heh.. took the words out of my mouth," he said, leaning back again, taking out his lightsaber. It was wickedly curved and had the Sith insignia scratched out on one side. The hilt itself was dark purple with spots of grey and intricate swirls and sharp points around it. "Made this my first year into training with Revan." He ignited it, pointing it away, out in the open. It had a red core with a purple outer core.

"Beautiful.."

"Show off," Lilah muttered. She had become more aware of her surroundings and started to tune into the ship they were using. One noise kept bugging her and she voiced it, "Annika, I believe there are some tickings in the power coupling. They are minor but could become a problem if you don't fix it."

She sat back in the seat behind Lionel and was running checks on the secondary systems.

He turned off the saber and sheathed it, sighing a little, smiling. "I know.." He heard what Lilah said. "I'll get on that Annika," he said, heading to the back of the ship. He found the power coupling and kneeled down, touching the coupling. He started to unscrew small bolts with the Force.

He found the source of the ticking. He slowly corrected it. It was just a faulty wire. He closed back up the coupling and beat it back to the control deck of the ship. As it was not smart to be near the power coupling while the ship is in motion, especially with equipment.

He moved back to his seat and sat down, glancing at Lilah. "So.. what's your story?"

"Well they're ship isn't listed yet, somebody has to log unto the holonet from a console from their ship in order for me to hack their system and grab their last jump coordinates. With their cloaking device, it should be impossible to track them conventionally. On top of that they are probably are setting a series of decoy hyperspace trails to lead us on a wild goose chase." It was true, the best of the Dark Jedi were very difficult to track down. And I've learned from my mistakes in the past. These ones though have proven to be much more skilled and clever.

"Hmm, seems they've left a hyperspace trail near Tatooine. Criminals usually go there to hide out. But they probably know we know that, so I think this one is a decoy. Lets head there anyways, if we need supplies or anything." So I sat and waited in front of the computer console, patiently waiting for any trace of them. "Come on, log on, you know the holonet too fun to resist!" I said outloud.

(you can keep running, and we will keep chasing. But if you want characters to confront each other soon....)

Annika checked her console and nodded. "Thank you Lilah. I'll have it fixed once we land. You're right... that could become a real problem if left untouched."

She unclipped her lightsaber from her belt and handed it to Lionel. Its design was simple and formed to her hand exactly. On one side, she'd etched two combatants, lightsabers crossed. The blade was a hazy green, almost like seeing a bright green lamp through a thick fog.

"I don't really understand a word you just said but I do have some contacts in Tattoine who can sell us some nice weopons. I love weopons!" Ave said, and started polishing his sniper. "I noticed you had a lightsaber." He said and turned to the controls to start up the ship. "Do you know how to use them? I thought I was the only non-force sensitive in the galaxy who knew how to until I saw you with one."

(whooops, ill edit my last post a little)

I pulled out the Sith lightsaber that I collected and ignited it. It was a red beam as would be expected. I toyed with it a bit, swinging it from side to side, listening to the beam give off a slight humming sounds. Then I took the lightsaber and struck it against one of my arm bracers making a couple sparks before finally switching off the blade. Ave took a step back, wondering if I just cut off my own arm. "Cortosis arm bracers, handy when you fight them....I've trained with the Jedi before on how to track down Sith, that's about it. I just collect them, that's all." I turned the lightsaber over in my hand examining it, this one was a decently crafted lightsaber.

"They also come in handy as cutting tools, can cut through almost anything. Here, why don't you keep this one." I said unaffectionately while tossing Ave the lightsaber. He took a step back and looked at me as if I were sure I wanted to give him such a valuable item. People would pay thousands of credits just to get their hands on one of those.

"Don't worry, I've got a whole stash of these. And I intend to get plenty more before I kick the bucket. I think lightsabers are for chumps anyways."

"I don't need it either." Ave said, tossing it back. "And besides, we can get a nice profit on Tattoine. Just when we land there, follow me to the right shop. We'll get a nice deal on anything there." With that Ave tapped a few coordinates into the ship to send it to hyperspace travel to Tatoine. He got out of his chair and walked to the back of his ship. He sat down and fell asleep.

Archived