Home

The Last Dynasty

arvik

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars: The Last Dynasty

Just as the Galaxy seems to be coming to peace, the sith themselves break apart. The rebelious stronger sith tore apart from the others and started a new order called the Dark Dwellers. The Dark Dwellers were able to completely bend and absorb the force and were very strong in the dark side.

The Dark Dwellers grew. One dynasty after another, until finally, a strong Dark Dweller named Ja' Mahia rose to power to destroy the Jedi, which he loathed. The leader of the Jedi, Reyshik and his right hand man, Mave soon were aware of the giant threat of the Dark Dwellers and declared war. Now, the last dynasty of the Dark Dwellers will face up against the mighty jedi where they will each need to show all the power.

Now, the leader of the Dark Dwellers is in his underground base in Coroscaunt, preparing for war...

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ja' Mahia looked down at the undergound city that lay before him and watched the thousands of Dark Dweller troops march up and down the unkown streets. He walked inside his base and went up to the top floor. He was tired from the day of training. He went into his room and layed down.

Reyshik sighed a little, sitting on a chair on the side of the room in the council chambers on Alderaan. "We cannot think like that! The Dark Dwellers are a secret society, more like a club than an order!" He said to the rest of the seven council members. "But we shall not underestimate them, for they do wield the Dark Side with terrifying Force, and that is something to be expected," a Twi'lek Jedi Master said to Reyshik.

"Also, they seem to be gathering in Forces, and not just Dark Jedi. Soldiers as well, and Spies. We must be prepared for anything, and everything," a Miraluka Jedi Master spoke.

Reyshik sighed," I realize your points of view, and they shall be noted. But as of right now, we need to prepare for the inevitable. Gather our Forces and expect an attack on a large scale."

The Miraluka Jedi Master disagreed," We don't want to cause a tremor in the Force, for they shall feel it," she said.

Reyshik raised his right eyebrow," a tremor? Master Yuil? With the Forces being gathered by the Dark Dwellers, they have already made a Tremor to cover up ours, there will be no suspicions."

A Kathar Jedi Master spoke up," We need to defend our Enclaves. We need to-"

Reyshik interrupted, "What? Every planet? We don't have that many Jedi to do so, and if we did, they would stand guard for awhile, but in the end they would all be killed by the sheer numbers of the Dark Dwellers."

The Miraluka Jedi Master spoke," For the time being, we all voted that the Jedi Knights that we have now will be trained in the same fashion as a Jedi Master, or Weapon Master. We have no other choice. It's either fight back or be erased."

Reyshik nodded, "As you wish council, I will get to this at once. Meeting adjourned," he said, standing and bowing then walking out of the room. Mave, meet me at my quarters, we have much to discuss he thought, sending his thoughts to his apprentice.

Mave picked up his master's thoughts, and filed them away in his mind, into the corner where he stored all of his messages between him and his master. He started for Reyshik's quarters. He arrived at the door, and knocked before entering. "What is it you wanted, Master?"

"I need you to go to Coruscant to move the Jedi there, tell the other Council members to train the Jedi Knights more quickly and harshly, to make stronger and more trained forces to battle the Dark Dwellers. I shall stay here, and move the Jedi here." He glanced at Mave. "I know you don't use Lightsabers, bu you command the Force like me, and i'm sure you can do the same job as me," Reyshik said, closing his eyes. You'd better go before they close off the planet and invade, this planet shall soon be ravaged by war. You protect Coruscant while I protect Alderaan, make sure they don't get to the Enclave, under any circumstances.

Mave nodded in understanding I will fight their capital ships in a cargo buggy if I have to, but I will keep them off of coroscant as long as I am alive. He went to his ship, and started off for coroscant. As they entered hyperspace he sat in his chambers, meditating, letting the force flow ever outwards, extending his perception, he felt the tainted pockets he knew must be the Dark Dwellers, and cursed the fact that he could not do anything about it. But Reyshik had asked him to defend coroscant, and that was exactly what he intended to do.

Tanith Vessa smiled at the young man sitting across the table from her. He was a Jedi Padawan and really shouldn't have been in a bar and he definitely should not have been as drunk as he was. He shouldn't have been drunk at all. But that was irrelevant. In the last hour, Tanith had learned that the Jedi suspected a Dark Dweller attack.

"Can I tell you something?" she asked the young Jedi. He nodded eagerly. She leaned forward across the table. "I've been influencing your decisions since we met. It was because of my control of the Force that you found me so irresistably captivating. It was because of me that you found yourself drinking, though you admitted your master would kill you if he found out."

The Padawan's eyes widened and he slurred, "Yyoooouuu... Darshk Dwellshkerirr?"

"My name is Tanith Vessa," she answered. "Get out of here and tell your master. Trust me, you'll love the startled look on his face when you do."

The Padawan lurched to his feet and staggered for the door. Halfway there, he collapsed unconscious. Tanith sighed. "I meant after you slept that off, you moron..."

She stood and left the bar. As she walked away, she used the Force to snatch a passing creature's comlink from its belt and called Ja' Mahia.

"The Jedi suspect an attack," she told him. "I'm on my way back. See you in a few hours."

With that, she discarded the comlink and proceeded to the docking bays. There, she selected an unmanned ship, boarded it, and took off. The ship's owner stared after his ship, dismayed that it had been stolen, though he'd just bought a new security system for it.

As Maverick walked back towards the jedi temple through the backstreets of Coruscant he stopped to feel the dark ripples in the force. As he meditated two dark dwellers approached him. "Now is the time for our first kill" said the first dweller. As the two rushed him Maverick turned and managed to parry the firt swing at his head. After several dodges and parrys Maverick manged to slash down the one of the dwellers. This only seemed to fuel the anger of the remaining dark dweller. After several more minutes of heated combat the lfinal dweller fell. I must get to the temple and warn the masters of this.

Reyshik heard several pounds at the Enclave door. He ran to the door and unsheathed his intricately carved lightsaber hilt. He ignited it and slowly opened the door. Something snapped in his mind.

Spy.

He swung open the door and spun around the the Jedi Padawan. He ignited his lightsaber and sliced the man across his abdomen. He twirled the saber once and sheathed it. The man stumbled and fell. Reyshik walked up and grabbed the back of his robes. He ripped a large section of it off, revealing a specific black and red mark. They've sent a spy, ready the Knights. He said, grabbing the body and throwing it inside. He covered up the body with a sheet in the corner. He headed down the hall to the council chamber. "I just-" He stopped cold.

It was empty.

He force sprinted down another hallway to the Youngling training chambers.

It was littered with bodies.

He fell to his knees. "I... I.. failed them.." He slammed a fist into the ground. "There were spies all along.. they.. I let them inside the Enclave..."

He stood up, walking back to the training center. One Jedi Knight was being held by a Force choke. Reyshik unsheathed his lightsaber and threw it at the Dark Dweller. The man took out his green lightsaber and blocked the thrown one. Before the saber had a chance to come back, Reyshik charged the man as he let go of the Knight.

But he wasn't quick enough.

Reyshik slid underneath his legs and pulled the saber past the man. Since the blade was so long, the blade passed through one of the man's legs, slicing it off at the kneecap and making the man fall to the ground, his lightsaber falling to the ground. Reyshik rolled and grabbed the green lightsaber before it turned off and he crossed the sabers infront of the Dark Dweller's neck.

"Speak."

"The Jedi have gotten wiser..." Ja' Mahia said. "What do you mean sir?" A Dark Master asked. "The Jedi have a prisoner and. . ." The Tyrant closed his eyes. "And they want me to come there to get him back. . . Poor Reyshik, that idiotic man. He does not know what kind of battle it will be on Alderaan. Knowing the Jedi, it's probably going to be some 'peace treaty'."

The Dark master bowed his head. "What do you wan't me to do?"

"Exactly what the fool said. And I must say, you did a good job getting the spies into the Enclave." And with that, the Dark Tyrant got in his ship. He took out his comlink. "Vessa. We need you to start to invade the Jedi Enclave on Coroscaunt. Use heavy tactics. They are already expecting our attack as you said. " He turned off his comlink and his pilot and four other Dark Dwellers walked in. "SEND THE FLEET!" Ja' Mahia commanded and thousands of ships took off from their underground base into the Coroscaunt air. Half the fleet flew down towards the Jedi Enclave in Coroscaunt, where Vessa came, just in time; and half the fleet flew to Alderaan, and landed on the special hangar bay. Thousands of troops marched out and surrounded the Enclave. Ja' Mahia and three Dark Masters entered the Enclave.

Ja' Mahia walked up where he met Reyshik, with some jedi knights surrounding him, and a Dark Dweller in the corner. "Using prisoners now, eh?" Ja' Mahia asked.

Mave landed on Coruscant, and immidiately sprang into action. Literally. He jumped, caught the wall of a building, kicked off, and landed in front of the Jedi Temple. Using the force to boost his speed, he ran in, dodging Jedi as he ran through the corridors, until he burst into the chambers of the Jedi council. Luckily, they were in session, and his standing among them was such that he would not be reprimanded for such an outburst.

"I bring news from Reyshik" He said, in complete controlof his breathing, "We are to increase the speed of the Jedi training, as well as to buff up the security of the Temple." With that he turned on his heel, and left the deliberations to the Masters. Everyone always said that he was rash for a jedi consular, but he saw himself not as a consular, but as a new kind of guardian. He strapped on his crystal gloves. They were gloves, but they contained the crystals found in lightsabers, and allowed him to channel the force in greater amounts and with much greater precision. It was time to learn to fly.

He arrived in his chambers, and sat cross-legged on the ground. Meticulously, he began to wrap himself with a cloak of the force. He had tried this before, and always something had gone awry. But this time, he knew something was different. He felt the force calling to him, explaining what to do. He lifted the cloak he had made for himself, and then he was floating above the ground. This was nothing. He had done this before. What he hadn't done was held it so long, or so easily. Suddenly, what he had to do clicked into place. And he was speeding along, arcing up to touch the inside of the spire at the top of his room, before swooping down, through the door, to hover above the thousand fountains. He laughed as he spiraled up, up, and then made a landing in front of the door to the temple. It was time to take his newfound power out for a spin. He went out the door, and ran faster, and faster, and then...

He dropped off the edge of the building, falling, falling, the ground getting closer and closer, and suddenly... He swooped up, catching himself, arcing around through the traffic lines, startling cabby drivers and hotheads having a race, everyone was surprised to see a man flying without a jetpac, without anything at all, just his robes. Returning to the Jedi Temple, Mave made a completely controlled landing, and walked through the door. Whatever these Dark Dwellers were doing, he was ready for them.

((Boy you guys are quick on the get go))

Thousands of troops marched out and surrounded the Enclave. Ja' Mahia and three Dark Masters entered the Enclave.

Ja' Mahia walked up where he met Reyshik, with some jedi knights surrounding him, and a Dark Dweller in the corner. "Using prisoners now, eh?" Ja' Mahia asked.

"At least we don't kill our prisoners," a wirey built Jedi named Miklos replied. He manuevered his silver bladed lightsaber to a strong middle stance. He sensed that this Dark Dweller meant business. He then said, "Bushida warriors believe that honor comes from sparing prisoners."

It was a rather bad habit of his spouting Bushida codes all over the place. His extensive knowledge made him one of the best lightsaber wielders in the Order. He had a look of determination showing in his green eyes. He sent his thoughts to Reyshil through a battlemeld, The strike may be swift and deadly. The best way to counter is on the back foot. Middle stance gives a strong ground.

((Sorry if it sounds confusing. I studied the samurai codes and boxing methods so sometimes the two mix in my head))

Reyshik deactivated the green lightsaber and tossed it aside, twirling his blue one with a dull hum. He grinded his right foot into the ground backwards, letting his weight go on his heel. He used his other foot to move into the stance, his saber deactivating and gripped in his right hand to his side. "Do you really think that we would not expect such a massive attack?" Reyshik said, his dark brown and black robes settling on his hips, drooping down slightly.

Lorna walked through the suddenly empitied enclave "What the hell happened here?", picking up a run she ran into the main area seeing miklos,she thought his name was anyway,facing down some dark dwellers.Walking up and sheathing her lightsaber she drew her claws and got in a combat stance "Well what have you got yourself into now?" she muttered before facing the tide of enemies.

(Just rembered I did but someone started a new topic)

((Yes, you posted a bio, but I don't remember it... look to the recruitment thread for it... it's not in here :) ))

Tanith Vessa was slightly annoyed. She'd been leaving Coruscant. She didn't much like the gigantic city, but if her leader commanded, she would be there. She brought the ship out of hyperspace and turned around. Even with her delay, she managed to get back to Coruscant just as the Dark Dweller fleet was coming out of hyperspace.

"Drop the troops planetside," she ordered. "Then, send out the fighters. Republic is definitely going to attempt to help the Jedi defend the planet."

"As ordered, Lady Vessa," was the response. Tanith directed her ship toward the surface and, once there, regrouped with the Dark Dweller army.

"Alright," she said. "Let's go."

She called on the Force to enhance the fear of the civilians around them and a literal stampede began.

"Follow the stampede!" Tanith yelled. "Dark Dwellers forever!"

The call was repeated throughout the entire army and they charged, chasing after the stampede of beings that were headed directly for the Jedi Temple. The stampede would slow the Jedi a bit and the Dark Dwellers would be right behind it.

As the horde of Dark Dwellers charged up the steps to the Jedi Temple, Mave began to meditate. Rising into the air as he so often did now, his perceptions spread outward, and with them, his influence. There was a boundary to how much he could influence, but this was nowhere near that boundary. He sent a message to the minds of the units assembled on the steps of the Temple. Fire! Don't worry about the reflected blaster shots! I'll deal with them! He could sense their reluctance as they braced for the reflected storm. Blaster shots streaked towards the oncoming army. Using the force, Mave dulled their reflexes. Some fell to blaster shots, but still more had the reflexes to reflect the shots back at the soldiers.

Mave concentrated, and then, with a burst of will, caught the blaster shots as they streaked towards the ranks of soldiers. The shots hovered in midair for a splitsecond, before dissipating. The Dark Dweller charge still moved relentlessley forward. Lightning was forbidden, it had a certain stigma to it, but no one said anything about force pushes from multiple sides. The ranks were halved as suddenly, their numbers were squished into bloody pools that got trampled by the oncoming charge.

Tanith was angry now. It was obvious the Jedi had a very powerful being at work here. Her forces had been cut in half by a bombardment of Force push from every imaginable direction. Only Tanith had truly seen it coming and had leapt clear before it happened. That Jedi had to encounter a serious distraction or the Dark Dwellers would never succeed. Tanith intended to be that distraction.

She leapt again, high and far, landing just outside a window of the Jedi Temple. Pulling her lightsaber out of her boot, she slashed roughly at the window and it shattered. She stepped through the shards and began enhancing the fear of those around her and drawing on it for power. Soon, she had located the Jedi that had so angered her and she moved through the halls of the Temple toward his location.

Finally, she reached him. There he was, sitting, floating in midair. His name hit her like a wave of the Force. This was Mave.

"You have an impressive collection of tricks," she told him, nearly shouting at him in an attempt to break his concentration on her troops. Then, she dropped her voice to a more normal volume. "But why not play with someone your own size?"

She sent a powerful Force wave that interfered with Mave's tricks, leaving him floating in midair, but forcing him to loose his concentration on the other Dark Dwellers. Tanith smirked.

"I am Tanith Vessa," she said. "Jedi Masters fear me."

((Exerkis, I don't intend for either of us to die in this battle. We'll fight for a bit... long enough for the Death Dwellers to enter the Temple. Then, Tanith will pretty much launch herself out the nearest window.))

As the Dark Dwellers swarmed the temple Maverick((BTW this isn't my actual characters name))ran forward, lightsaber in hand. As he watched the oncoming horde many emotions came to him, the fear of the soldiers as well as the anger of the dark dwellers and the calmness of the jedi. He sat down and began using his batlle meditation to aid his fellow soldiers and jedi.

((If I want to kill my character can I start a new one?))

Mave was pushed off balance by a tremor in the force, and had to abandon his efforts towards the defense of the Temple in order to steady himself. He dropped to the ground to face his assailant. So this was Tanith Vessa. He had never heard of her, but apparently he should be fearing her. Well, fear was one emotion he was not feeling right now. He barely supressed his exhilaration as he flew forward, in an attempt to knock her back. Then the true fight began. As he expected, her lightsaber sought him. She was quick, very quick, and he had to rely more and more on the force to survive. The odd thing was, while dodging her slashes and looking for an open spot in her defenses, he noticed something. His perceptions widened. He saw the defenders of the Temple being pushed back, the Dark Dwellers advancing without him aiding the defenses. But there was nothing he could do. He was currently engaged in avoinding being cauterized. He could barely dodge her sizzling blade as he twisted and jumped and bent over backwards, the blade streaking overhead. He occasionally managed to throw in a few punches, catching her in the ribs, or sweeping her legs, but she almost immediately recovered, and he was forced to keep up his dance. Still wider his perceptions flew, until he saw the entire level of the city, the Dark Dwellers causing chaos as Jedi strike teams sought to undo the mess. The dance continued. 'Find the rythm, seek the flow' he thought to himself, 'find the flow, and you can begin to control it.'

He jumped back, hovering 10 feet above the ground, and threw a wall made of the force at Tanith

(sorry, I had a busy day, and yes. Mave, come to Alderaan and I'll be more than happy to kill you.)

After standing silent, Ja' Mahia turned to his fellow Dark Dweller, smiled, and truned back to Reyshik. "This enclave is surrounded by Dark Dwellers, and we have your enclave in Coroscaunt under attack right now. If you agree to our terms, we'll end the attack on Coroscaunt. If you disagree, then this enclave and the one on Coroscaunt will be destroyed before you know it." He pulled out his black lightsaber. "Decide now, or face the consequences. You must convince the Republic to give the Dark Dwellers Coroscaunt, you must defeat the sith forces, and you must pledge alliegance to the Dark Side of the force." Ja' Mahia looked at Reyshik in the eye, and waited for a reply.

Tanith deflected the wall with a flick of her wrist, sending it crashing into the nearest physical wall, shattering the wall. "You'll have to do better than that," she taunted. And yet, she paused. With a small smirk, she gestured to the gaping hole in the wall.

"I'll be leaving now," she said. "My troops are inside. You may see them. You may kill more of them, but you will be the only Jedi that lives through what they are about to do."

With that, she leapt out through the hole in the wall, leaving Mave alone to wonder what the Death Dwellers would be doing that he would be the only survivor.

Mave hadn't really expected the wall to stop Tanith, merely to be a distraction. But did she have to be so... destructive? Oh well, that came of serving the dark side, he supposed, and there was nothing he could do about that now. What he could do was help against this attack against which there was no defense, apparantely.

Too little time to resume meditation, he wrapped himself in his cloak of the force, and sped through the halls, knocking down Dark Dwellers and threading the force through them to kill them as soon as they hit the ground. Bans be damned, there was no time to kill them normally. As he sped through the corridors, it happened again. His perceptions widened as he flew, until he saw the entire temple, and then the entire level. It became harder and harder to concentrate on what was happening in front of him, but suddenly, it became unnecesary. He was almost on autopilot. As his perceptions widened, they engulfed all of Coruscant. And then, all over the planet, he saw the same thing being repeated over, and over, and over agian...

Archived