Home

The Last Dynasty

arvik

"I guess I'll kill two birds with one stone." Ja' Mahia said and force jumped into the air and force pushed the two into the ground, about to crush them but Reyshik used force resistance to block Ja' Mahia. Once he got back to the ground he swung hits with his black lightsaber, which apparently wasn't working. Maybe it was because of the stron force used by the enemy. "Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ja' Mahia shouted and charged in, striking a powerful blow, but Reyshik just dodged. "WHY ARE MY POWERS WEAKENING?" Ja' Mahia asked. The Dark Dweller army was weakening as the Jedis started to outnumber them. "I'll see you on our own turf!" Ja' Mahia said and tried to run but was caught by Reyshik. "Dark Dwellers, RETREAT!" Suddenly the many Dark Dwellers disapeered. "Good bye Reyshik, my old master..."(you don't understand what he meant by that), and Ja' Mahia suddenly disapeered, leavin the Jedis behind.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So soldiers." Ja' Mahia said. "We have lost that battle, but it was a strange loss. For some reason, the dark side couldn't help us out." Ja' Mahia paced back and forth. "Does anyone have any ideas?"

"Well. . ." A Dark Dweller spoke. "There is a new invention I made. It can alter a Jedi's mind themselves, and force them to follow you."

"Are you sure it will work?"

"We used it on a ceratin Jedi named Arik Diskin. He is already trained in the dark side and is advancing quickly. And that is my plan."

"What is it?"

"We send Arik into the Jedi Enclave in Coroscaunt, where he activates the Dark Dweller Mind Changer, which will destroy the minds of every Jedi there, and turn them into my army..uh..I meant..Your army!"

Ja' Mahia looked at him strangely. "Show me Arik. And what did you mean by your army?"

"It's nothing." The Dark Dweller said and walked out, getting Arik.

From within his secluded quarters, Krath pondered what he was feeling. He noticed the absence of Tanith, but there was a strange afterimage, almost an echo of her, imprinted on the mind of the nexus. The nexus himself was a study. He had no knowledge of the true capacity, but Krath intended to use him, or have Dark Dwellers use him, whatever the cost. He knew the nexus must have already heard the voice of the so-called 'dark' side, and it was his intention to raise that voice until the nexus had no choice to surrender to it, or have it consume him. He began to meditate. At the edge of his maximum perceptions, he barely saw the edge of the door to the enclave he was in, and he was the best he knew at this. How did the nexus do that? he thought to himself.

"I am sending you, along with an ex-jedi to invade the Jedi Base in Coroscaunt, where there is enough dark side energy there to keep your powers. The ex-jedi's name is Arik and he'll be meeting you in the Coroscaunt cantina so you can start your mission. HE'll explain it to you there." Ja' Mahia ended his transmission and layed down in bed..

Arik Diskin sat on his bed, thinking about what has happened to him in the last few days. He didn't know what made him change his mind and secretly leave the Jedi to join the leauge of Dark Dwellers but his mind supported his decision. A Dark Master opened his door. "We have a mission for you.". . .

After the mission was explained to Arik, he was provided transportation to the Coroscaunt Cantina, where he sat down waiting for Krath. "What are you doing?" The bartender asked.

"Shut your annoyance called a mouth or your head will land on Tattoine shortly." Arik said and the bartender took a few steps back. "Ok, just don't do that."

Arik waited impatiently, and pulled out his lightsaber. "Might as well have some fun while I'm here." and walked into the fight pit.

Krath got the message, and left his chambers via the back route. He could not help laughing as he saw the poor fools trying his puzzles to gain access to the force knowledge of the famous Master Krath. It was sad he would have to miss their expressions if they made it through the challenges and saw that he wasn't there. He got into his ship, and took off towards Coruscant. The nexus was there, and he could exert more control over him when he got closer. The trip through hyperspace was boring, and he passed the time thinking of ever more malicious puzzles and traps. He landed on Coruscant, and shook his head at the Tyrant's foolery. "The Coruscant cantina" he had said. Did he have any idea how many cantinas there were on Coruscant? Luckily, he had invented a force power for just such an occaison. A die floated in midair in front of him, and spun, faster and faster. When it stopped, it showed a picture of a twilek in a contorted pose that was taken for dancing these days. He set off for the Dancing Twilek, a rowdy cantina with a fight pit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mave meditated again, floating as he always did, now. He felt the ever-present yearning to go to Kashyykk, but first, he checked on the happenings on Alderaan. He saw the retreat of the Dark Dwellers, and he knew he now had some spare time. There was no time to catch a ship to Kashyykk, though. He pondered his problem, and the snide voice talked to him again. The force is a very powerful thing. It flows through all living things, evil or good, sentient or unthinking. Find the path, and you can travel along it, at very high speeds. You can cross parsecs in minutes. Mave, the yearning pulling him like a black hole now, felt along himself with a probe of the force. He found a stream of the force connecting him to others on Coruscant. Following the stream, he saw his body, floating above the ground, and continued along the stream of the force. He followed it to the cantina, and he saw sudden shades of dark. Seeking escape, he followed a faint stream away from the planet. He could no longer discern buildings as he drifted in the void of space. He continued to the outer rim, to a forested world, also known as Kashyykk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krath felt a sudden shock, as though a tram hit him, and he thought an ethereal being pass through. It was then he realized that what he saw was the nexus, travelling at an extremely high speed in some non-physical way.

Miklos had been silent as he and Reyshik made their way to the temple. The Bushida warriors had ceased fired when the Dark Dwellers retreated and were waiting outside the temple with some singing of the honored dead and others kneeling in prayer. Miklos quietly asked, "What is you wished Master Reyshik?"

"Round one." The announcer said. "ON this side, we have Dagger. As quick as a bird but as stron as a sword. On the other side, are challenger..." The announcer leaned over to Arik. "Name?"

"Just in case you didn't know..."

"Justin Case! A new challenger looks like quite a challenge for our reigning 5th placeman, Dagger!" Arik looked at his opponent. A slim, armored man with a long, slick sword. "Easy kill." Arik said to himself.

"3" Arik pulled out his lightsaber

"2" Arik ignited it

"1" Arik aimed it at Dagger

"FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

First, Arik took his lightsaber and threw it at Dagger but it didn't even make a mark in his armor. So Arik thought for a moment about where ther'd be a weak spot on his armor, but suddenly dagger came splitting through an Arik had just enough time to dodge it wheer he twirled his lightsaber and hit Dagger onn the neck..or.. wuold've hit it if Dagger didn't dodge it. "There has to be something.." ARik said aloud to himself.

"I almost had to sacrifice my life to save the lives of all in Coruscant. I fear the Dark Dwellers will stop at nothing to take down the Jedi, and more importantly, their leader. Me," he said, heading to the council chambers. "My apprentice Mave is in Coruscant right now, protecting the temple. I fear he has already taken his first steps down the path of the Dark Side. I do not wish the same for you, for the temptation of the darkside is overwhelming.."

"What do you speak of? The way of Bushida does not call for fear of death but to accept it as a part of life. To die in combat some believe one finds the greatest honor especially if the warrior remains loyal to the master. Some things I don't agree with but my time spent among the warrior clans of my people opened to how they view the Force and how they live to their sworn duty of guarding the Jedi and the Force. That is why they live throughout the galaxy often hidden where they watch. Believe me it came as a shock as to how well they can hide themselves." It was the longest speech Miklos ever made concerning his journey. He was more patient than most o fthe Padawans and he made show of it as he was waiting for Reyshik to speak.

He raised an eyebrow. "I do not fear death, but embrace it. If I should die on the battlefield, I shall become one with the Force. Powerful as ever. As there is no death, there is only the Force." He looked away for a second, stopping at the council room as the bodies started dissappearing by themselves. One by one. "I fear for the safety of all Jedi and innocents. You are a great Jedi, Miklos. I fear that the constant attacks of the Dark Dwellers will show you their false strength and lure you to the Dark side."

((I just said that))

"Then I ask you this is falling to the Dark Side merely giving into your passions and emotions? If that were the case, then all the Jedi would be dark because they have emotion. Emotion makes even the most rudimentary creature alive." Miklos watched as some of the Bushida warriors disappeared. He murmured the warrior's farewell to them, "Nehat me lana nataha te cooetsu." (As in life you serve the Force till time ends.)

Miklos then continued, "You say you embrace death. Bushida merely acknowledges its presence and its place in the Force. The Bushida warriors protect the Jedi, make sure that they and the Force are not wiped out as they have been doing for over ten revolutions." Miklos wanted to say more but knew that Reyshik needed to speak.

Arik was still waiting, fighting off dagger. He dodged a few blows and looked at Dagger more closely. Arik jumped and avoided a strike and used force lightning on him and he died instantly. "Well, that was easy." Arik said and everybody backed up a few steps. "We have a winner!" The announcer said. "Justin Case."

Arik collected his payment and looked around for Krath. "Guess another fight won't hurt." He said and signed up again.

"Round Two." The announcer said. "In this corner, we have the Master of Melee, the Prince of Pain. Here he is, Deathfist! In the other corner, are up and coming bringer of death, lord of lightning, we have. . . Hatred!" 'A new nickname I guess.' Arik said and pulled out his lightsaber.

"3,2,1, FIGHT!" Suddenly, Deathfist charged in and punched Arik in the stomach. Arik fell to teh ground. Soon he got back up. 'Better live up to my name' Arik thought and used force lightning on Deathfist, but he blocked it. "A force sensitive!" Arik exclaimed, and looked at Deathfist in the eyes. 'sith...' Arik thought, ignited his lightsaber and cahrged in. Deathfist had a surprised look on his face. He was doomed. "We have a winner!"

"Round Five"

The announcer said. This was too easy for Arik and he was starting to get bored. He was ranked 2, and soon he expected to be ranked number one. "Oh well, it's worth the credits." Arik said and got ready for his next fight.

"In this corner, we have the lord of lightning, Hatred! IN the other corner, we have another man of the magics. Summons the power of flames. Here is what will decide Hatred's destiny, it's Scorch!" Arik looked at Scorch. He recognized him from somewhere, but he didn't know where. "Arik..." Scorch said and pulled out a red lightsaber.

"I'ts you!" Arik shouted. It was an ex-jedi named Balph, or at least that's what they called him, until he one day mysteriously disapeered, and he was holding a red lightsaber.

"I was told to kill all jedis." Balph said. "And I have learned force fireball to end you, jedi trash!" Arik backed up. "I'm not a jedi!" He said "I have chosen to follow the path to the dark side and now I am going to destroy you, you SITH!"

"I love a heated battle." The announcer said. "The two seem to know eachother and I think there's a grudge or two popping up. Well anyways...3.2.1..FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Suddenly there was a flash of sabers on sabers, twirling lights, fire and lightning shooting throughout the air. "My job is to wipe out all jedis, siths, or any force users besides the Dark Dwellers, including you!" ARik said and slammed his lightsaber into Balph's. "Dark Dweller!?" Balph asked. "Your kind betrayed the sith!" Balph ducked, jumped, and swung his lightsaber at Arik. Arik jumped to one end of the pit. "You were my friend, but now you are my enemy. Why?" Arik asked and started to charge back in. "The dark side, in the end, always triumphs." Balph said and jumped over the charging Dark Dweller. On his way down, Balph slammed his lightsaber into the ground, and sent a force fireball at Arik who blocked it with his lightsaber and sent a fury of lightning back at his fallen friend. "And the dark side will be what shall defeat you." The lighning struck BAlph and tore apart his face. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, FOOL!" Balph shouted and sent a tornado of fire that took out almost all of Balph's energey. The tornado swirled quickly towards Arik, and he had to dodge it somehow...

Arik force puched the tornado and it swirled back at Balph. "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He shouted as his body burst in to flames. "Now die, you ugly sith!" Arik shouted and charged in with his lightsaber. Balph blocked it with his and sent a torrent of strikes back, with his body still on fire. "DO YOU THINK YOU CAN REALLY DEFEAT FIRE WITH FIRE?" He asked and started swinging at Arik. Arik blocked the blows, force jumped into the air and sent a massive force storm back at Balph, which ripped his skin off his body. "I have failed you...." Balph said calmly, and died.

"What an exiting match!" The announcer screamed. "This will surely go down in history! Hatred has won! The mighty Scorch has lost!" And Arik sighed, collected his money, and left. "There was the excitement I was looking for." He said and sat down, waiting for Krath once again, knowing that he accomplished soemthing while waiting.

"I understand but you don't. I don't see things in absolutes. Maybe if you lived among the Bushida warriors like I did for those years I was gone you'd see it too. You haven't seen what I have in the Unknown Regions, what was done to me before they saved me," Miklos paused, "No one knows except those who rescued me from an evil worse than the Dark Dwellers."

((Arik, did you see my post, #61? Or did you just mark it as too long and skip it?))

Mave landed on the foresty ground of the Shadowlands, a bit dazed from his superlumninal voyage. As his vision cleared, he heard a faint voice in the back of his head, coming from Alderaan, he thought. Mave, are you holding up? He responded with a simple As well as I can, given the circumstances. The Dark Dwellers attacked our temple. I'm on Kashyykk now, but I can be almost anywhere in a couple of minutes if you need me. Waiting for a reply, he headed out through the shadowlands, following the inexorable pull. It lead him deeper, but he still found no creatures. And then he reached a compound. It was made of what seemed to be a seamless metal, as though molten metal had fallen there and been formed with the force. As he wandered into the compound, he had a vague feeling of foreboding.

Archived