Home

A time of peace...

Exerkis

Exerkis' had only one thought now: The meeting. He almost sprinted to the spot marked on the paper. Then he saw the man walk towards him. He said, "My name is Mati, though that should not concern you. I would like to take you away from this planet, and I understand that you are in no need of work, so you can come. I will take you to an outer rim world known as Tatooine, perhaps you have heard of it?" Exerkis nodded, and Mati continued, "So, when can you leave?"

Exerkis said, "There are some things I have to clear up first, how about we meet back here in 24 hours?"

"Done." Mati replied, "I will see you again." And he strode off, leaving Exerkis to ponder what to do next.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lila had remained behind in the cantina while Exerkis went to the meeting spot. When Galidraan came up to her, she was rather stunned. She had activated her console for her furry friend that scoured the places one could not see. She knew Galidraan and replied, "A stranger with a card that said TSD. Find out what it is, I sense that Exerkis is disturbed."

With a pause, she activated her comm, "Boss, is everything alright?"

Exerkis' comlink crackled, "Boss, are you alright?"

"Fine," he replied, "Interested in a little adventure? The man who came up to me was named Mati. He asked to take me off-planet. I've got nothing better to do, want to come along?" He noticed himself being more polite, and feeling better than he had in years. At least the stinging was gone, but why was he being so nice? It was almost as though he was riding in the back of a stranger's head, except for it was his head, his body that was being comandeered. As he walked towards his apartment, a beggar came up to him.

"Spare a credit for a weary old man?" the beggar asked.

"Sure," Exerkis replied, handing the man a hundred-credit chip. He wasn't so horrified at this act of kindness now. As he walked into the door to the apartment complex, he noticed a twi'lek sprinting towards him, or rather the door to the complex. Behind her were two rodians, running hard. Without thought, he aimed, taking one rodian through the head, and then the other right between the eyes. All while holding the door for the twi'lek.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"My name's Tani," she replied. "Why did you help me with those thugs?"

"It just seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sorry if you didn't want the help." Exerkis said, truly meaning the apology.

"Oh no! You misunderstand me! It's just that help is hard to come by on Nar Shadaa, especially unsolicited."

"What were those thugs after you for, debt?"

"What else?" Tani said, "Yeah, my father borrowed some money from Morbo, couldn't pay up, they killed him, and now the debt's passed on to me. You know the story."

"How much you need?"

"Um... it's pretty steep. 500 credits. Don't worry, I'll think of something."

"Oh no, not at all!" he said, handing her a 1000 credit chip. "Keep the change."

Lila didn't give an answer but instead walked to where her boss was. She came up from behind with a gentle tone, "That was very generous of you."

Giving Exerkis a little time for a breather from her comment she said, "You mentioned an adventure? I'm all for it. Anything that needs to be done?"

While saying this, she flipped a hundred credit chip to the Twilek who was leaving saying, "Give that to your brother's wife. She'll need it."

She turned to gaze at Exerkis.

"Just get ready and meet me back here in..." He checked his watch, "18 hours. I don't know what we'll be facing, so be ready for anything." He entered his apartment, and flicked on the lights. Ah... the disorganization he liked. He never understood why people were incredulous that he didn't lose things.

As the ship left hyperspace, it was in the Tattoo system. "Great.. all I need is more Jawas.."

The fuel stores are low.. maybe I could stock up and maybe sell some of this.. spice he has in the back.

He slowly landed the ship on a docking bay near the main city of Yor. He headed out the back of the ship and tossed a few credits into the face of the approaching man, his mouth was open to speak, but he quickly stopped as the credits hit him.

"Tell me where the exchange negotiator is here," is all Terrance said as his ship's loading ramp closed up.

Exerkis sighed. Best get to work. He gathered up the few things he would need, and packed them in a satchel, before plopping down on his bed and sleeping. When he awoke, he walked outside, and began to wait for Lila to show up.

((No need to hurry, finish up on the planet, I just had nothing to do so I slept it out))

He nodded as the man told him the information. He shoved past the man and entered the city, pulling up his black bandana over his mouth that was underneath the collar of his shirt. He headed towards a small bar-like area.

Hope this is the place..

Terrance walked towards the door, but was stopped by a Gamorrean body guard. "You no get in wit out card." The brutish thug said. Terrance waved a hand past the man, and spoke through his bandana. "I don't need an ID card to get in, and you're thinking that that axe you hold is very, very tasty.."

The Gamorrean nodded and opened the door for him. As Terrance walked in, a horrible deep scream was heard from outside as a thud was heard, blood dripping through the crack in the door. He looked around the place, Disgusting.. He said as he looked around at the mud-caked walls and the melting pot of a bar.

He walked through the dance floor and headed towards where the bith were playing their instruments, there he saw a human dancing and watching the Twi'leks. "Tell me where the owner is, human," he said, touching his shoulder.

The human turned around, "and who the hell are you, making assumptions?" He said, watching Terrance.

Terrance smirked and grabbed his right hand, bending back two fingers, snapping them at the joints. The man screamed in pain as he bent them back in their original place. "Now, where is the owner to this place.." He said, watching as the man was bent over, holding his hand.

"He... he's in the back.. back room.. behind... behind the Twi'leks.." He said, practically in tears. "Good, now go get that checked," Terrance said, walking off towards the dancing Twi'lek's.

This is one hell of a town.

Lila searched for what she called her furry companion. Wushi was a draigon, a mall one to boot but he was her eyes and ears on any world she travelled. Wushi had received the call on his collar and he raced from the refugee sector. He passed Galidraan and stopped to give a rub. Before Galidraan could touch him, he sped off. He found Lila outside the apartment that she had stayed in and jumped into her side bag. Lila activated a her comm and spoke to Galidraan, "I'm leaving the system with Exerkis. Has to do with the stranger in the cantina. I'll send coordinates when able, out."

She walked to meet Exerkis who was snoozing at the meeting site. She smiled and thought how much his heart had opened since she hooked up with him. Gently she shook him and said, "Anything else boss?"

Ferrille and Karl entered the court soon after. He grabbed Karl by the shoulder abruptly and said "Just be polite, and you will get a job" smilling at him and then they continued walking." They stopped infront of right in front of Morbo "Hello Morbo, the job is done just the way said" Morbo gave a hearty laugh and Ferrille was soon paid the 13,000 credits Morbo had promised.

"Oh by the way, this is Karl, he is very skilled and looking for work."

"I have enough henchmen and contract killers at the moment, comeback later when some of them die." Morbo said.

"This guy isn't just good with a blaster. He built the bomb that allowed me to blow the freighter. Good with slicing and other techincal stuff as well, what do you think?" Morbo was silent for a moment.

"Well I do need somebody with brains. Tell you what Karl, the Exchange is moving against me every minute. They have a base set up here on Nar Shadaa. Figure out a way to hack their mainframe without them knowing, and then we can take a look at all the docking schedules and destinations and such for their freighters. With that, I could send my agents to sabatoge them. I've been looking for a good computer slicer for weeks, maybe you might just be it. We have a consoles on the 5th floor, you are welcome to use them. Name your price Karl."

He walked into the room silently, bypassing the sleeping thumb-sucking Gamorrean guard. Several men looked up from their game of high stakes pazaak but quickly went back to the game. One man stood up, facing Terrance. "And just who the hell are you?" He said, drawing a blaster.

Terrance glanced at the men, raising his hand towards him, the man lifting into the air violently, swinging his legs back and forth in an attempt to flee. As the man was a good five feet into the air, Terrance clenched his fist, the man wrenching over in pain and falling to the ground, many bloody bones jutted out of his torso at crooked red angles.

Terrance just walked past the other frightened men before coming face to face with another brave soul. "A Jedi eh? Well I've learned how to deal with them," he said, a brave Twi'lek he was.

Terrance just sighed and withdrew his lightsaber, pivoting in place as the black end of the saber ignited just as he spun past the man's torso diagonally. He stopped as his back faced the man. As the white end of his saber ignited, the man fell in two clean diagonal pieces.

He twirled the saber gracefully, all of the men except two drawing blasters, the other two drew vibro-blades. Walking forward, Terrance perfectly deflected the blaster shots, childs play. He spun the sword horizontally over his head, blocking a strike from a vibroblade. He spun around and sliced the man horizontally across the chest and kicked his torso, sending the top half of his body across the room to hit a wall and the bottom half to fall limp onto the floor.

He let out a mighty force wave, sending the men to the ground. He twirled the saber and put it away, lifting his right hand into the air. Lightning sprouted from his fingertips, each organic body in the room lighting up with blue light, being surged with electricity. Within moments, Terrance ceased and kicked a leg out from under a wooden table and spinning behind the fallen table, entrails and blood exploded violently every which way.

Terrance stood up and walked out of the room, into the bosses domain calmly, professionally. Any Force sensitive could easily feel the already-present echo in the Force grow stronger.

Lila woke him up. He must have been snoozing. "No, let's move out." He said to her inquiry. As the walked towards the meeting site, Exerkis no longer felt that he was riding in the back of someone's head. He just felt, different, like he wanted to do good. Oh well, what's changed has changed, all he could do now was accept it. As he arrived at the meeting spot, the stranger stepped forward from the shadows. "Well, I see you've brought a companion. No problem, no problem at all. If you would follow me to the spaceport." They took backstreets. This guy was trying to avoid attention. It didn't matter though, he had signed on and he was not backing down.

"So where are we going?" Asked Exerkis once they were on the ship.

"Kashyykk."

"Good relations I have with the Wookies," Lila replied softly. One of her travels had brought her to Kashyykk where the Wookies at first accepted her like a stranger. After they figured out where her people came from, they were more open. She had been to the Shadowlands before and helped lost Wookies. She wasn't apprehensive about meeting them again. In fact she was rather pleased. She didn't show it as they boarded the ship.

They came out of hyperspace in sight of the forest planet. As Mati took them down, Exerkis noticed that he wasn't transmitting coordinates. "Where are we landing?" he asked.

"The shadowlands." Responded Mati nonchalantly.

As they touched down, Mati focused for a moment, and then said, "Let's go."

They walked through the forest, and encountered no form of resistance. And then they saw a wookie hunting party, drawing nearer. Mati cursed under his breath, but made no effort to avoid the Wookies.

"So you're him.." He said, looking at a fat twi'lek holding a cigar and a heavy repeater rifle. Terrance slowly walked around him, as he was sitting in his makeshift throne in the center of the room, seven or eight Gamorreans surrounded him, some holding vibro axes, some holding large blaster rifles.

He started speaking in a garbled Twi'lek dialog, which Terrance barely understood. But he did understand one thing- when the Twi'lek raised his weapon.

Terrance force sprinted towards the Twi'lek, flipping over him and unsheathing his saber, flicking it out to the side as he was upside down, the white end decapitating the Twi'lek and the black end slicing a long chain that held up one rafter.

He managed to cut down the rest of the men in the room before the rafter fell on two unsuspecting exchange members. He sheathed his saber and sighed a little, beathing. He opened up his wrist console and typed in a few numbers, that connected to Morbo.

"I've taken down the Exchange branch in Tatooine.. I want my money." He said, looking around.

"Transfer it to my bank account, all twelve thousand of it."

"Mati, let me speak to the Wookies," Lila said. With an authoritorian walk, she walked right up to the leader of the hunting party. She spoke to the leader telling who she was. The Wookies let out a growl of happiness and surprise. They had missed their friend, the ally of the Wookies. She smiled at them saying how glad she was to see them. She said that she and her companions needed to speak to the chieftain if he would honor them with his presence. The Wookies agreed and one motioned for her to follow. She waved for Exerkis and Mati to follow as their Wookie guide led them to a basket that had been there since Czerka once staked claim. The Wookie guide couldn't help but give her a hug once they were in the basket heading up. She said, "Alright Freyrk, I missed you too." She had to rub her ribs for she had forgotten how hard a Wookie can hug. She turned to find Exerkis looking at her in surprise.

Lovak approached Morbo with the news of Terrance. After confirming the reports Morbo told Lovak to send Terrance a reply. "Since when did we agree that I would pay you 12000 for eliminating the Exchange branch on Tatooin. I thank you for your service, but next time you should strike a deal with me first on the missions, instead of assuming I would pay you." Morbo then turned to Lovak.

"Dont transfer the money yet, I wonder what this schutta was thinking." Two of Morbo's henchmen then approached Morbo with some interesting news.

"Remember Exerkis Morbo?"

"Yes, why are you bothering me? Has the man completed his job yet?" The Hutt grunted.

"Well no, reports indicate Exerkis killed two of your men and left the planet. He went to Kashyyk with others."

"Damn him, he is a fool to cross me. I have a handfull tach poachers on Kashyyk, they don't make that much profits. Tell them to find Exerkis and rough him up a bit. I can't let people know that Morbo is lenient with people who cross him." Morbo said to Lovak. Lovak contacted them immediately .

He calmly replied. "Morbo.. Morbo.. don't you think that the exchange branch on Tatooine would be a hinderance to your plans? I took them out for a reason.. and if you call be a shutta again, you'll be eating your words. Literally. I'll be awaiting the payment." Is all he said as he shut off the comm link. He casually walked out of the building, heading towards his ship.

He threw a few credits in the same guard's face as he hopped onto his ship. The ship was fueled and there was an envelope bulging with credits and a note saying 'complementary refueling'. He smirked. Leave it to a fool to do a man's work for him.

He pocketed the credits and threw the note aside, closing up the loading ramp and firing up the engines, his bank account popping up on the screen next to his radar, awaiting the transfer before he took off.

As they arrived at the wookie chieftain's hall, Exerkis pondered to himself. It didn't look like Mati was happy about all this. And from where did Lila speak wookie? Or moreover, know these wookies? Oh well, he would just have to wait and see.

"Send him 8000 credits and transfer this message as well..." Morbo then began to recite his message to Terrance. "Thank you Terrance for your services, however I will not take orders from you. I have sent you 8000 credits instead of the 12,000 you demanded in order to show that it is I who says who gets how much money. Next time be sure to consult me next time you do something and expect me to pay you for it." Morbo then to managing other tasks with his advisors, secretaries, and top men.

Meanwhile on Kashyyk, Morbo's man in charge of the tach export business just recieved word of Exerkis. Morbo had one dock on the planet, and one freighter that transported off tach glands to Corusant. He wasn't really into the tach gland business, but decided to take a foothold in it anyways. The man went over to the comm link console next to the ship to contact the poachers down in the Shadowlands.

"Netris, get your men topside asap, we have other matters to attend to. We need to find these people and rough them up a bit. They are on the planet. This is an order from Morbo himself." He said sending Netris their descrpitions. Netris and his men were a ragtag group of goons. Currently they were taking their usual unnecessary break in the Shadowlands. Which included talking, smoking, and joking. They were soon up in the trees searching around for this "Exerkis".

"Alright, get your blasters ready. We are gonna give them a good beating with the stun batons and we can call it a day."

Terrance growled for a moment before changing course for Nar Shadaa. He spun his ship around and pulled into hyperspace. He clenched his right fist, several drops of black liquid seeping down the leather exterior of his glove.

"Morbo has another thing coming... Speaking that way to me.."

Karl was working in the computer room when he finally thought he saw a window, as he hacked it he realized he was in, undetected. He walked into Morbo's chamber and politely said"You have undetectable access to the exchange mainframe, here are their docking schedules, I would like 5000 credits if it is not too much."

"6000, to you who is polite to Morbo. You are now welcome to enjoy myself in my court. Drinks, Cigarras, and dancers are all free. Enjoy yourself, but create no trouble or youll find yourself face down in an alleyway." A couple of the guards around Morbo snickered at his last comment.

"You know Terrance isn't going to take it so well that you didn't pay him up." Ferrille said to Morbo.

"Well what's he going to do about it, the whole facility is tightly secure. We got war droids, guards, mercenaries, bounty hunters everywhere who would not mind blasting a Dark Jedi like himself. On top of my state of the art security system. Terrance would be a fool to come here and start trouble. If he makes a move against any of my operations Ill put a bounty on his head that will be extremely diffficult to resist. Now my customers on Correllia want more spice shipments and I need to negotiate deals."

"Alright, if you say so. Just watch out for him." Ferrille went back to concentrating on his drink and cigarra.

On Kashyyk Netris pulled a cigarra out of his pocket and began to smoke. "Alright, I guess they went into the Wookie village. Lets wait here till they come out so we can give them a good beating." The poachers smiled. Netris pulled raised his blaster rifle and fired well placed shots in the trees. A couple kinarath fell out and plumeted into the depths of the Shadowlands. It brought a hearty laugh to the group of poachers.

(Netris and his group are unimportant characters, nothing more than highly replaceable thugs to Morbo. You can go ahead and kill them.)

Once in the cheiftain's hall, Lila bowed respectfully to the leader of the Wookies. The elder Wookie growled, "Since when does a friend and hero bow to another friend?" With a firm yet gentle grasp, he gave her a hug. Lila smiled and replied, "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Zalbaar ((I'm assuming, feel free to correct me)). I've been away doing what is necessary."

"Why have you returned to Kashyyk?"

"I came with my boss Exerkis and our acquaintance named Mati. Perhaps he could explain why we have come," and she turned to Mati.

Archived