Home

A time of peace...

Exerkis

The beam streaked towards the Orocame's face, and his faced took on a puzzled expression, and then a determined one. Right before it seared his skin, the beam stopped, and then dissipated. "Good." The Orocame said, "Now, if you wouldn't mind using this blaster rifle, and doing the same thing." Once again, Exerkis took aim, this time with the Orocame's rifle, and fired. And the Orocame's face went through the same expressions, and the beam stopped, a considerable distance farther away from the Orocame's face before dissipating.

"It is as I suspected. You are strong in the force, though you do not know it. Very strong, perhaps as strong as Mati, or maybe Danr. The important thing is, I would like to train you myself. But you needn't be forced into this. I can have you wake up on Nar Shadaa and not remember any of this. It is up to you."

"Well, Lila, what do you think? Should I become a jedi?"

As soon as the words were out of Exerkis' lips, the Orocame spoke up, "We are not jedi. I was one once, years ago, but no more. We are an order thousands of years older than the jedi, for we are the servants of the Force."

"Well, I suppose the question remains the same. Should I become a whatever these guys are?"

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is an outrage!" Morbo screamed at his court of people. "How pathetic, you let one man get past. I want the war droids and turrets fixed, and Karl...you design a damn good security system for me and ill pay well. Hire more guards! Good ones, bring in Echani and Mandalorians if you have too. I have more than enough money to pay them, why not?!" Morbo screamed at his assistant and managers. Within a couple days, all Morbo's requests were tended to.

The court was now back in its usually state, new elite guards were hired. Many of them were even Echani and Mandalorian like Morbo demanded. Including a number of other henchmen to replace the ones Terrance killed. Thanks to Karl the turrets and war droids were repaired, and even upgraded significantly. Along with a state of the art security system. His penthouse was not only a penthouse, but a stronghold as well.

Lovak, Morbo's top manager was able to survive the whole mess. "Put a broadcast on the holonet for a bounty on that man's head so high that almost every bounty hunter will be after him. I mean that literaly, a small fortune for the man who brings me his head." That was a large sum of money, but Morbo could pay it. He was the the richest and most powerful crimelord on Nar Shadaa, and had much control on other worlds as well. Though the vast Exchange network was still greater than his empire.

Terrance was gliding through hyperspace, heading towards Kashyyk, looking to get with the slaving there. There was always good money in slaving.

He typed a few buttons into the console and set it on autopilot, looking around the ship and seeing a rack of lightsabers. "A Dark Jedi's ship.." He said, looking over the weapons.

"So are my people," Lila replied softly, "They are guardians of the Force. Our worlds are safe havens for those gifted for it is a place that cannot be found except by those who already know where it is."

She fingered the silver stick that she still had in her hand. She ignited it and the golden beam shined through. She continued to speak, "This was given to me by one I call Baba who taught me what you and I know," and then she fell silent and began to communicate in a different way, I was born into a servitude that had stood for more than the Republic, in a time that is of the dog days. I serve to find those that I see will change the course of the future. Aloud she then again spoke still holding the ignited lightsaber, "The singing swords of my people have kept watch and will continue to do so. There are many, hidden yet watching.''

It was the longest speech she ever made to anyone that considered her an equal adversary. She continued to gaze at the Orocame with a gaze that told of strength and power.

"I think I will become a Ta'Sedai." Exerkis said, with a semblance of solemnity.

"Good." Replied the Orocame, nodding to himself. "Very good."

"Lila, unless you want to become a Ta'Sedai too, I think this is where we part ways."

His ship slid out of hyperspace and docked on a rather large platform in Rwookrorro (I think). He jumped out of the ship and headed into the city, walking to the nearby building, it was lit up with blue lights and blinding white lights, the walls were pure white but there were the roars and growls of binded wookies.

He walked up to the main desk. "So.. what does it take to get.. into this business.."

He said, looking into the rather attractive woman's face.

"It's not something to just join.." She stopped speaking as Terrance laid down about 5 thousand credits. "Alrighty then.. one business card and an ID card.." She took his hand and slapped a small piece of paper on it. The paper glowed for a second then she slapped the paper on a piece of plastic, sealing iteself on there as his picture and his information appeared on it.

He took his items and headed out into the streets, pocketing the items she gave him. He drew his cloak around him, and headed towards the Wookie village.

Lila spoke, "I serve the Force and protect the Jedi. Some of my people have become Jedi as well. Should you become this, we shall not part ways for the stars tell of a greatness that is to come."

It was surprising that Lila was speaking a lot because she never did speak of her people or where she came from. All that Exerkis knew of was her mentor Baba whom she mentioned in passing. Lila stood looking at Exerkis in the eye, "One cannot turn away from what has come to pass and what will come to pass. My place is in the galaxy. As a Jedi, as a Bushida, as a Ta'Sedai, it matters not. Others will be watching should I fall."

A rather large explosion shook the forests and villages of Kashyyk around his area. Within moments, Terrance appeared from the smoke, dragging two wookies by their fur out of the village, several wookies roaring and falling to the ground on fire, the stench of burnt hair was overwhelming.

He reached the outpost as the men opened the door. "Hey! The Village is not under our jurisdiction!" Terrance walked past, the man grabbing his throat as he looked at him, clawing at his chest before he fell to the ground, dead.

Terrance made his way to the slaving building and dropped the two Wookies onto the ground, kicking them slightly. "Got two here, pretty good size. Muscular, they kept up a fight," he said, watching two men haul them off in cages.

"Wait, are you the one who caused the explosion?" The woman at the desk said, his card of credits in her hand. He waved a hand in her face, "No, and you have no idea who did it, and you will give me double my money because of the trouble you are giving me." He said in a monotone voice, taking the credits and walking outside.

This should pay for refueling.. and then some... He stuffed the twenty seven thousand card of credits in his robe and walked back to the Sith fighter.

Lila then turned her head to the East and looked up. Still looking at the ceiling of the building she said, "The Wookies have been attacked. Several are dead, many wounded and two captured." She opened the flap to her side bag and said, "Wushi go see and contact Galidraan." The little draigon slipped out and made his way through the Shadowlands.

Rather amused by all this, the Orocame said, "The soulforce is a great storyteller, and all stories have conflict. But still, I suppose we should go see what all this is about, for after all, what play has no principles?" He fetched something from the table, and Exerkis saw lines flowing from the Orocame's body to the object. He also saw the same force glimmering through everyone's body. He looked, and the next time the Orocame got something, he saw how to manipulate that force. Then the Orocame simply dissappeared. But Exerkis had seen what he had done.

"Hold on!" he told Lila, "We're going to see the wookies." And then they were gone.

After finding out what he needed to know on Nar Shaddaa, Galidraan prepped his old Sith Fighter for launch. While taking off, he thought about how the other Jedi didn't approve of his use of a Sith ship, and how he justified it by saying that he was taking a tool of the Dark Side, and harnessing it into a weapon of the Light Side. He then jumped to hyperspace, en route to Kashyyyk.

He started to open up his Sith fighter's main sliding door before he felt something, an echo in the Force. "Looks like someone doesn't want me to be here..." He said quietly to himself, sliding open the door.

"Boy you sure got that one right," Lila called. She had her silver stick in her right and her singing blade in the left. She had left Exerkis to use the elevator basket while she climbed the wroshyr branches, something she had learned from the Wookies. She gave her call and several Wookies responded to take up stance behind her. She looked at the Sith and said, "You have violated the sanctity of this place. For that you must face judgment before the chieftain."

Wushi meanwhile had gotten ahold of the communicator and began sending a Morse Code message to Galidraan that said they were under attack and that they needed help. Wushi repeated it several times and then went to go find Lila.

"Well well well.. looks like we have some.. Jedi here.." He said, sliding open the door to his stolen ship then facing the two, slowly withdrawing his long doublesaber. He ignited it, the black and white blades contrasting each other, letting off a strange grey glow onto the ground.

He twirled it over his head and let it rest under his right armpit.

(Suddenly the Qui-gon & Obi-wan vs. Darth Maul TPM duel comes to mind..)

((What I meant is that they... Teleported of sorts using the force))

Exerkis noticed two things. One was the start of the duel in front of him, the other was the Orocame, calmly watching all this. "Shouldn't we help them?" Exerkis asked.

"The wheel weaves as the wheel wills..." Orocame muttered "Hmm? What? Oh, we will join in if they look like they need help."

Lila ignited the stick to reveal its golden beam and with intense skill, twirled them to set into a middle stance. The Wookies behind her waited. She had told them to wait by a slight movement of her finger on the hilt. It was so subtle that it looked like she was getting a stronger grip on the hilt. She had this glint in her eye that had made her feared among the scum that roamed the galaxy. She eyed her opponent, waiting for first strike.

(Lets do this right, we can't use too much Force because it's two versus one, and Terrance is quick, because he'd have to like, block strikes from two fantastic Jedi. A few hits on his armor here and there because they're cortosis weaved. No one will die, just no auto hits. Make it stylish if you're going to attack him, team up. He has a double saber :) ))

He charged towards her, twirling it horizontally over his head then coming down straight with the white blade vertical over her head, once she deflected that, he crouched down and spun around, dodging Galidraan's sweep at his head. He struck out at Lila, striking her lightsaber's blade several times before going into a saber lock as Galidraann's saber struck his other black blade.

He pushed them away and pushed his saber in the air as he leapt upwards, flipping and spinning in the air as his saber was horizontally aligned with him, both black and white blades connected to theirs.

As he landed, he snatched the saber and twirled it, letting them recoil and turn around and watch him, his saber in the same position as the start, yet now behind them. "You think you two can stand up against a Sith Lord?"

He viciously twirled his saber, creating a sheet of sparks infront of him, hiding his appearance. When the sparks cleared, he had vanished. Within moments, he dropped down on Galidraan, barely being blocked at the last second. He deactivated his saber and backflipped away from them, landing in an attack stance, holding his saber out horizontally, ignited.

((Lila is not really a Jedi. She was never trained as one nor accepted. She is often mistaken for one because she carries a blade around but it was given to her by the mysterious Baba))

Lila did a double turn and made a swirling motion with both blades with such control it would have been a spectacle. She twirled them so fast together that they seemed to blend and a fierce shrieking came from the melee blade, a singing, a war chant. She took calculated steps forward and timed blows to try to catch the Sith off guard. She relied on the skill that Baba taught her. She then tooka step back and said, "I've had proper instruction since I was two."

"You'll need more than proper training to win this fight, girl," he said, spinning his body in motion with his saber as he clashed against her singing blade with his black blade, knocking the melee blade back a little then letting go of the saber and ducking under her last blow, grabbing the saber with opposite hands and swinging it horizontally down, clashing against her saber, his hands parallel to the back of her elbow.

He twirled his saber and clashed with Galidraan's saber as it swung towards him, he slowly backed up, expertly twirling and sliding to dodge the two blades and deflect the strikes away.

Lila smiled at him and said, "Uh, you're fast but not that fast," and she held up a strap that had the utility belt. She had removed it when they got in close. She was still smiling when his pants began to slide down. She tossed it to the Wookies who held it in a deathgrip.

Archived