Home

Private Eye Butterfly

Tooner Fish

Hi all, yes I know, my first post on Grim Fandango Discussion is a shameless plug, but I thought you might all be interested in my web comic Private Eye Butterfly.

new_design_02.jpg

The classic adventure games of LucasArts have been a big influence & inspiration for me over the years. A fair bit of Grim Fandango inspiration may show through the comic, but I can never compete with such a masterpiece as GF.

Hope you find the comic entertaining! Click here to read it.

• 2 months later...

That was astounding! I love the art style. It's great to see someone who isn't using manga influences in their work nowadays. Also, the world you've created is fascinating, the dialogue makes me chuckle and the plot looks very interesting. I haven't read all yet, but I can't wait to see a spider.

Did the characters's wings grow bigger all of sudden? A change in character design?

EDIT: Okay, just finished reading it. I am very impressed! Your art kept getting better all the time and in the final pages it's a delight to look at. If this was published, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Tony is a great character. I hope we'll see more of him.

Wow, thanks everyone! Feed back like that always gives me more encouragement to press on with it!

I'm always pushing myself when I work on each page, so I enjoy seeing and hearing that the artwork improves. Peb's wings and jaw shape did change, so yeah there was a change in character design. I didn't really want to do it because I like to have consistency, but at the same time I can't help but learn new things and create a better look for him. You may find that Peb makes reference to his changes in the comic, I like to put it down to "part of the metamorphosis process" ;) but he won't be changing again in a hurry. However I might make some slight improvements here and there.

Tony will show up throughout the story. He has a very important role to play. Originally he was to be with Peb the majority of the time, but I may have him only show up every so often due to the fear of him getting annoying. But that might change and I might give him a chapter long role along side Peb later on.

I hope you all can continue reading my comic and continue enjoying it more and more with each instalment. Thanks again for the feedback!

Archived