Home

Speed/Roleplay fix for 103PER and 304NAR

Achilles

...is now available for download from my website.

Link

Snippets from the readme:

<snip>

PART I: Introduction (prt1)

I know I'm quite possibly the only one that feels this way, however I find the permanent application of the turbo cheat in 103PER (aka "the space walk") to be annoying. Yeah, who really wants to spend30 minutes walking, but still flying through zero gravity kills the whole roleplaying thing for me.

Version 1 of this mod was script based and only accounted for 103PER. Luckily, stoffe-mkb- was kind enough to chime in with an alternate (read: better) suggestion for how to accomplisht this. Considering the significance of her input, she should get all credit for this mod.

<snip>

PART VIII: Special Thanks (prt8)

To stoffe-mkb- who did everything but release this mod herself and to ChAiNz.2da for his savegame modder resource which allowed me to quickly and easily test these changes.

Luckily, I seem to have found a way to fix this bug by editing the OnEnter script for that module. I am including the source code so that those of you that want to speed things up or slow things down can make such adjustments on your own.

Nice, the turbo space suits looks very unrealistic, even if it was comical. :)

(Though as an aside, if you don't want to modify the script for some reason you can get the same effect by tweaking the value in the driveanimwalk column for line 279 in appearance.2da. It was 0.75 in KotOR1 and is set to 1.2 in TSL. It controls the speed of the movement animation.)

You know, I had originally looked to appearance.2da for a solution. Thinking that column did something else entirely, I overlooked it. Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will be the catalyst for version 2.0 sometime today :D

EDIT: Whoops, I must be doing something wrong. I made the change in appearance.2da, but no luck :(

EDIT: Whoops, I must be doing something wrong. I made the change in appearance.2da, but no luck :(

I see I forgot to mention, you'll need to change the driveanimrun_pc column as well, or it'll only change when you hold down the walk key.

Also, make sure you adjust the numbers in the proper direction. Higher numbers mean slower animation, lower means faster.

To adjust the speed the character moves, see the columns drivemaxspeed and moverate. The driveaccl column determines how long it takes for the character to go from standing still to reaching full speed.

DriveAnimWalk/run of 3.5 and moverate of SLOW seems to give a fairly "spacey" feeling IMHO.

Ok, I updated the mod to be an appearance.2da edit applied via TSLPatcher (great tool, btw!). I tested it and everything appears to work well. Please feel free to report any bugs you may find.

@our moderators: Could one of you pretty please change the subject of this thread to Speed/Roleplay fix for 103PER and 304NAR? TIA.

consider it done :D ~ ChAiNz.2da

• 7 months later...

Archived