Home

Connections of the oddest kind

"Yes, no doubt that it's the other fleet scanning us" he said and looked as the EFS Artemis(Which I have called Cerebus for some reason) pulled the EFS Cerebus inside it's hangar.

"Launch the wormhole" the Admiral said and the captain pressed a button. A bright flash appeared between the two fleets and the wormhole seemed to twist and turn all the time. The EFS Artemis and Admiral Mcarthur's ship soon disappeared into the wormhole and so left out for the planet they were originally going for, which happened to be the planet Byss.

------

Falai shook his head at her.

"Like I said, do not underestimate them. They seem to know much more of the chemical components in this world than us. The force is nothing but chemistry and physics to them" he said and was about to continue when a bright flash disturbed him.

"And they seem to know how to control and create wormholes" the jedi said, watching the wormhole as the ships flew right into it and then disappeared

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Ok, so it's 4:30 AM over here... I really must get some sleep. Will post again later... in the mean time, you can post here and in all your other threads too ;) ))

"Amazing," Starr murmured, watching the strange ships vanish into the wormhole. She turned to the captain. "Do we have a reading on where they're headed?"

"Working on it," the captain answered.

---------------

"Well that was certainly an interesting encounter," Davis observed.

"More or less so, yes" the Admiral said and grinned as the red alert was put off.

"So, it's about time for our tour then, eh?" he asked and started to walk towards the door of the bridge.

"Take charge, captain!"

------

"Quite so" the Falleen jedi said as he watched the wormhole fade away with a grin. He turned swiftly and his cape flapped behind him as he walked towards the door.

"I will go and make a report to the Masters' council and to the Senate"

Davis grinned. "Thank you, Admiral." She followed him off the bridge.

---------------

Starr nodded absently, staring out at the place the wormhole had been. Nodding slowly, she decided that, though she'd managed to scan and observe their technology, she had sorely underestimated them. Now, she hoped that she would get the chance to learn more about them and their technology.

"Fascinating," she murmured.

"Jedi Starr?" the captain said. Starr turned. "While we were unable to pinpoint exactly where they're headed, we were able to catch that they're headed deeper into our galaxy."

"Call it not 'our galaxy'," Starr countered. "I know now where their planet is, thanks to my scans of their computers. It is within the galaxy... but further out than any other system around." She smiled slightly. "The galaxy is theirs too."

"What would you have us do, Jedi?" the captain asked, sighing slightly. For a long moment, Starr said nothing. Finally, she turned.

"Find them, Captain," she said. "If they intend to attack us, we cannot be unprepared and leave one of our systems undefended."

The entire time this was happening, since the order to all battlestations, Jack had been ready with his squad in thier ships. He was going over strategies and tactics and reminding them we were facing an unknown potential enemy and to be mindful of what they are doing. When the order was called off, he dismissed his squad and he himself went back to polishing the ship's hull, which was no small task.

Davis smiled slightly. "You know, that's got to be the first time I've ever been asked that," she chuckled. "Alright, you want a direct question?"

She stopped walking for a moment, looking up into the Admiral's eyes. "Why did Earth Fed Navy decide to send me along here?"

"I'm not in the circle. I'm nothing but an Admiral, but I would only guess that they got a hint from someone that if you would be left on Sol to make an article, it would be bad news to high command. I've read your articles, and they are way too conspiracy-revealing. They decided to send you here because if something would happen to us, you would be dead or too far to recover in time or if the situation would go bad on their part, they could cut communications and leave us here" he said and stopped walking to look at her.

"In short: You're a risk to the inner circle and could reveal something the public shouldn't know"

Davis frowned. "Conspiracy?" She shook her head thoughtfully. "I try to be honest in my reporting... that's all. If I've ever published anything sensitive, it's not my fault it made it in the article... I always have the source edit sensitive portions out."

She looked up at him. "I've never used this term in an interview before, but... off the record, is there some kind of conspiracy going on here, Admiral McArthur?"

Davis nodded. "I knew someone whose curiosity killed him..." she admitted quietly.

----------------

Starr found Falai just as he was finishing his transmission to the Council.

"We're still trying to trace their movement," she told him. "So far, all we've been able to gather is that they're headed further coreward."

The admiral looked at Brianna for a while before starting to walk again. He knew she had more questions directed at him, she was a reporter after all, but neverminded that fact for now. She would ask when she would ask and he wouldn't have any kind of control over it.

------

Falai looked at Starr and shook his head, closing the communications to Coruscant.

"The council is concerned of the news that the Earth Federation can explain the force throught chemistry and physics. We have free hands on how to handle this situation. Of course that means that if this turns into a conflct, the government can slide the blame on us"

"What do you make of the people here?" Davis asked after a long silence. "Strange accents... either drastically altered humans or perhaps aliens living alongside them..." She paused. "That... thing next to the Jedi Knight or whatever... didn't look entirely human."

----------------

Starr nodded. "Do you have any suggestions as to what we should do?"

"On Earth from early 20th century to somewhere in the 23rd century, there was a huge movement what was called sci-fi, science fiction. That movement was made by implying there was life outside of our solar system, which we have proven that there is, and people would create either from plastc or by drawing horrible looking things just to please the audience. You see, humans on Earth have thought for over a thousand years that there are licing beings out there and it doesn't matter what they look like. It's a small miracle that living, talking, breathing creatures are created throught evolution and I would only hope that that thing beside the jedi is not the only creature foundable in this galaxy, and it might be that we are not the only type of humans out here" he said, going even a bit too deep into it, which he noticed but way too late to stop.

"For the accent, it is obvious. It is a consequence that their language is much like ours. Of course there is the possibility that we come from the same ascendancy, but I would doubt it" he continued and turned to look at her.

------

"We don't have much to do. When we get a report that they've been spotted, we move out" Falai said before switching the comlink open to the captain.

"Captain, get the hypredrives ready for a quick jump and get the word out we should be informed if anyone sees a strange fleet flying around" he said and the captain responded quickly with an energetic "Yes, sir!"

The falleen jedi leaned back and turned to Starr. He looked at her quietly, remembering when they first met. The young man had had his fun with her emotions by tempering with his pheromone level. Now that both were jedi masters, he would doubt it could work on her again.

He smiled and then chuckled at the memories. He was glad that back the he had just teased her and nothing more would've happened. If he had continued, this would be a very awkward trip

Davis nodded. "I once watched a series of performances in which actors portrayed life on a space ship. One mentioned a situation they were entering sounded a little too 'science fiction', to which his wife said, 'We live on a spaceship, dear.' " She seemed amused by this.

-----------------------

Starr watched Falai silently for a moment. Then, she grinned. "I know what you're thinking about," she said, chuckling slightly.

"It's obvious to us, but back then, it was even a wonder we could get a space station up there except for MIR, which was getting quite obsolete" he said and sook his head before turning to see her.

"What can I say... I'm a history freak" he said and shrugged with a chuckle.

------

"Oh, do you?" he said and stood up with a grin. Falai stepped infront of her and looked at her quietly for a while before tilting his head a bit to the side. He gave a light chuckle before taking a deep breath.

"Are you really sure of what I'm thinking about?" he asked and grinned, increasing his pheromone level. He had wanted to test the trick on her for quite some time, but now seemed to be the best opportunity. However, he would have to be careful not to go too far

"As am I," Davis agreed with a slight smile. "History's so much... easier to understand than the present... so much simpler."

-------------

"Yes, yes I do," Starr laughed, "and your current behavior confirms it!"

"And by knowing our history, we can try to stop it from happening again. as it has been said, History repeats itself" he said and continued walking towards the hangars.

------

He grinned and shook his head slowly.

"Now does it really?" he asked and raised an eyebrow at her, leaning a bit forwards and increasing the pheromone level. He knew that it would take a lot from him to produce enought pheromones for it to take effect on her after seeing he hadn't been affected yet

Davis was silent for a moment. Then, she said, "Have you ever heard the term 'eternal recurrence'?"

------------------

Starr nodded, still smiling. "Yes, it does." She turned to face him fully. "I laugh about this now, but I do remember being highly annoyed with you for several months back then... do you really want to risk a repeat?" She wrinkled her nose and shook her head.

"Ach!" she chuckled. "I'm better with machines than sentients... you of all people ought to know that!"

"No, I believe I have not" he said and didn't look at her this tme, but just continued walking towards a massive door up ahead that led into the main fighter hangar.

------

"Ah! You liked being driven by your own needs and I know it as well as you do" he said and grinned at her.

"That's why this is interesting" he said and yet again increased his pheromone level. He could feel his attempt stressing his body slowly. The falleen hadn't used the pheromone trick for years. To be exact, he hadn't needed it after he learned the jedi mind trick

"The basic idea of eternal recurrence is what you have just suggested," Davis told him. "That the universe and everything in it continually repeats itself." She frowned. "But if that's the case, how can it be altered? If we were able to alter it, it wouldn't repeat." She shrugged. "And yet it seems to..."

She blinked. "And now, I believe I have thoroughly confused myself." Smiling, she added, "Now I know why I failed philosophy in college."

----------------------------

"Say what you please," Starr said, her smile fading slightly, but still there. "I can sense you're wearing out."

"History can be altered, but you never canstop it from repeating itself. There is no utopia, for there will always be someone that wants power and chaos" he said and now looked at her, stopping infront of the doors.

"Philosophical questions cannot be answered on a global level, because to everyone the aswer is different. I have my answers and you have yours. I just happen to like philosophy" the admiral said and smiled kindly before pressing the button net to the doors, opening them with a clang and a screetch. After stepping in, he confronted the hangar master, the officer responsible for the hangars.

"Oil the doors, Aki" he said and walked past him towards the middle of the hangar, throught the small corridor made in the middle of fighters that filled the hangar floor. There were four levels with the lowest having the fighters tightly on the floor but the upper levles having them placed on kind of magnetic hooks with platforms between the fighters so the pilots can have easy access. The levels made it possible to launch possibly even 50 fighters at a time.

------

"So I am, but it doesn't stop me from doing this before I go to rest" he said and leaned forwards, kissing her swiftly

Starr closed her eyes for a moment. Then, she opened them and smiled.

"I did better this time than before," she chuckled. "Now you've made me tired too... so I'd best get some rest and so should you. We want to be fully alert if the Earth Federation fleet shows up anywhere."

------------------

Davis was awestruck. She'd not seen so many fighters in one place before. "My goodness!" she exclaimed. "Do you have pilots for all of these?"

"The top level is spare fighters for passengers who want to fight or for new recruits we can't get fighters to right away" he said and looked around, placing his hands onto his belt and then looking back at her.

"But pretty much, yes" he then continued and gave a light chuckle.

------

"Indeed" he said and looked Starr intot the eyes for a while before standing up straight and walking out, his pheromone level going down drastically as he left the room to prevent any female officer he meets from jumping on him in lust caused by the pheromones

Archived