Home

Need a model!

darth rookus

:twogun: Hey! I'm a new modeler, and I want some things to know, so when you can help me please. So, here are the things:

1.Can anyone give me a link for a modeling tutorial? IMPORTANT!

2.If someone could make me a model, that looks like Vader's body and sidious's head. My email is mono.nokia@hotmail.com, and please send me the model as a glm file.If you can, please add the map, so I can make the textures.

3. have fun on the mods, that i will make in the future :)

So, when you can please help! :):ears1::twogun:

• 4 weeks later...

Thx guys.... I have the root.XSI file

What now?...

in a tutorial I read, that I schould add the root.XSI to assimilate and add the humanoid.gla file for animatons, but it shows me the erorr message, that the files weren't found...what schould I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...With the animations, I will wait a little... I found a mistake on my model... I imported it to 3ds gmax 7 (GLM Import) and did all the things again... But, now when I start Assimilate, and add the _humanoid.gla file, it shows, that the file wasn't found.... What did I wrong this time???

Open up assimilate.exe, go to properties and change the compiler line to this: c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/carcass.exe

Remove everything for the "Quake 3 dir" path.

I dunno what's happening with the model, but i prefer to fix the max scene rather than reimporting a GLM into max and starting from scratch again.

amm...now it shows me an erorr...in carcass.. it shows that:

-------- C:\Documents --------

*************** ERROR **************

SetQdirFromPatch: No 'base' or 'development' in c:\documents.car

pres any key...

And than I pres e.g. enter, and it shows that:

Process Returned error: 1

What Schould I do?

Create a proper working folder, dont use a long folder path...read people, read! it's all in the guide XD.

You need to create a "base" folder structure:

-So go ahead and create this directory structure:

"c:\base\models\players\"your player model"

-the next step is to add the animation file to:

"c:\base\models\players\_humanoid"

Copy carcass.exe and assimilate.exe to "base\models\_humanoid". This is also where you have to put your root.XSI file.

Open up assimilate.exe, go to properties and change the compiler line to this: c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/carcass.exe

Leave "Quake 3 dir" blank.

Try to compile again.

If carcass says it doesnt, then it doesnt, carcass knows all.

Here's a test to see if the tag(s) is weighted, select the skeleton_root object and move it, all the tags (and skeleton) should move together. Hit ctrl-z to put everything back in place.

Archived