Home

Several news items.

First:

Don't know if anyone's already shown Nute this: http://www.military.com/ResourceContent/?file=lpm_fd.htm .

It tests you, then says what historical general you're most like.

Second:

Attention Gundam/Transformers/Animé fans!

I just picked up the latest copy of Animé Invasion, and they mention that FOX Kids has added Transformers: Robots in Disguise to their fall line-up! biggrin.gif

39 episodes (previously shown only on Japanese TV) of an alternate-universe take on the Autobots and Decepticons (the alt-universe is that both are based in Tokyo). It's not CGI either, this is straight animé, with a few CGI special effects (as in Endless Waltz).

It's produced by Asatsu (the company responsible for Fatal Fury and Doraemon, which will mean more to animé buffs like myself than to the rest of you).

Third:

I also found out that there is a second season of Cardcaptors, to be shown on the WB. As of yet, I don't know whether or not Teletoon will pick it up, but I doubt it (it would require the Canadian network to show a modicum of coolness frown.gif ).

The mag also has some animé trivia, some Akira-related news, and Wing Zero beating the heck out of Eva-01. wink.gif

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

I saw that on the WWII Online forum a while back. I got Sherman. Strangely enough, he's my favorite American military commander of all time (Rommel is my overall favorite, but one can't go around admiring a Nazi)(General Veers is my favorite if you count fictional military commanders)

Guest Rogue 9

Based on your answers, your profile matches...

George S. Patton!

biggrin.gif

General Robert E. Lee was a Relative of mine

Guest Grand_Admiral_Ice

Great, I'm old man Washington.

------------------

They're not children! They're a bunch of drug peddling midgets. 154.gif

I matched Wesley Clark. It's too bad Admiral Ackbar wasn't an option.

Aside: I have discovered that I can also do a surprisingly good impression of Kero Berros from Cardcaptors. biggrin.gif

Run for it!!!

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Thrawn

Based on your answers, your profile matches...

Dwight D. Eisenhower!

I'm glad that another transformers show is coming on, but I don't like a few of the changes in this "alternate reality" of the TF universe. I just want someone like Cartoon Network to air the old G1 or G2. It's had work finding every episode online, downloading, and buring it. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Remember the 'Transformers' movie?

Oh, my dear lord... rolleyes.gif Just what we needed--a movie about a cartoon show about a series of toys!

Guest Thrawn

I still have a ton of the toys too. The first one I ever got was Bumble Bee. I bought him in Mrytle Beach if I remember correctly.

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I had a roommate in college who collected them. My favorite was the one who transformed into the laser gun. I would chase females around the dorm with it, making *zap-zap!* noises... biggrin.gif

Ever a ladies' man, I see. rolleyes.gif

My faves were Optimus, Bumblebee, and Grimlock (from the initial team), and Hot-Rod, Kup, Springer, and Arcee from the post-movie generation.

Incidentally, am I the only one who thought Swoop (the dinobot pteranodon) was a female? I mean, narrow waist, wide hips, contoured chest-plate, high-pitched voice, and the only one of the lot smart enough to use guns instead of big-ass swords.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Dirge influenced my life to a great extent.

That just explains so much. eek.gif

------------------

Archived