Home

Star Wars: Warriors of the Force

"Just a thought," he said defensively. "No need to get all... Hrent-ish on me."

The old man looked up, having counted all the coins. "Thank you, sir. Pleasure doing business with you."

Tacit nodded, and proceeded to the door, holding it open for the others.

"Alright," he said, as they left the city limits. "There are a few things you should all know. We'll be going along the base of the Herpetlec mountains. That's the shortest way to the Hirtala forests, where we'll be hiding out until we hear word from your father." He turned to Tari. "It won't be a picnic. The mountains are home to some dangerous creatures. Al'hayat make their dens on the edge of the forest, at the base of the mountains. You'll want to start training with that new sword of yours as soon as possible."

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No, I'm not," said Tacit darkly. He saw the terrified look on her face, and his features softened. "Look, don't worry about it. You'll be fine, as long as you stay close to me or Katri. Sleep as close to the fire as you can, and keep your swords nearby."

"GYAH!" He yelled, running after them, an extremely large buster sword flailing along behind him, the shopkeeper taking off after him, yelling obscenities. He tripped as the sword flung out forward, barely missing Tacit as it embedded itself in a tree, practically toppling it over.

'675 deths!' the shopkeeper yelled, tackling Ty. With his old age, it was suprising he was so athletic. Ty yelled out as he and the man tumbled head over heels along the ground. They skidded to a halt as he fought off the old man who was straddling his chest, throttling him. "Hel-!" Ty yelled before he was thrown aside then tackled to the ground again."THIEF!" The old man yelled.

"Ty!" Tari called as the old man pumbled him with his fists. She jogged over and tugged the man off her companion and pulled a small sack from her pack. "Here. 675 deths." she said, collecting several coins into her hand and handing them over to the old shopkeeper. He growled and murmured something under his breath, but left without further trouble.

"What do you think you're doing??" Tari asked the man, looking at the ridiculously long sword. "You can't just walk off with things, especially when you're traveling with me. I'm the ambassador's daughter! How do you think it would look for him if someone saw me traveling with a common criminal?"

Tacit turned around, grabbing Ty by the collar and pulling him to his feet. "Got some sticky hands there, Ty?" he asked darkly. Before Ty could answer, he threw him to the ground and advanced on him. "I don't like people with stick hands. They're dishonest."

Tacit glared at her for a moment, then backed down. keeping a close eye on Ty, he took the broadsword and examined it. He stabbed it into the ground, and pulled out a small crystal from his tunic. He threw it to the old man. "That should be more than enough."

He turned to Ty. "You try something like that again, and I swear I'll leave you out in the wild alone." He pulled the sword sharply out of the ground, the blade coming up to eye level. He grabbed it by the blade, then threw it, handle first, to Ty. "Don't push your luck."

He stood and grabbed the blade and gracefully twirled it about his body, the full 7 feet of the blade not touching the ground once. He searched the ground then sighed and thrust the sword into the ground. The old man had already walked off with the money by then. Ty swiped a fist across his lips and slinged a little bit of blood to the ground.

"I'll live.." He said, turning around and looking into his fallen sack. "Here.." He said, pulling out a small sack of credits and throwing it at Tacit. "All I have.. and i'm not leaving 'till it's all repayed.." He said, pulling out a long coiled rope and biting off an end of it, wrapping it diagonally across his chest into a triple knotted bandolier.

He took the sword out of the ground and slid it into the make-shift sheath that had formed through the knots on his back, tightening it and standing up to his full height, ripping off the right sleeve of his jacket and tossing it to the ground, revealing his scarred and dented muscles. "Tari, Tacit.. I was born with sticky hands.. not my fault if I see something I like.. plus.. you promised me a sword.. right Tacit?" He said, smirking and raising his right eyebrow.

"I didn't promise anything," said Tacit, scowling. "And it was her who payed him, not me," he added, throwing the bag at Tari. "And it's you who owes her now. If she hadn't stopped that guy from killing you, I know I wouldn't have. No offense. Now let's get going. I want to make the base of Suspiritus by dusk."

He scoffed a little then nodded at Tari, stepping up next to Tacit. He rested an elbow on his shoulder, sniffing a little before leaning over and speaking into his ear. "Touch me again and you're going to die." He stood back up straight and slowed down to catch up with Tari, walking alongside her. "I guess I owe you then.."

((OOC: Not a clue :xp: ))

IC:

"Think nothing of it." Tari said, "As far as I'm concerned, we're all in this together."

The words sounded more sincere than they actually were. She was slightly bitter at having to pay for some criminal's acts, but it was over and done with now. Besides, it would probably have some good effect or another in the longrun. She hoped.

Tacit turned and glared at Ty as he tried to initiate Tari in conversation. He turned to face forward, but reached out with his mind to touch Ty's. He met a barrier - obviously, there were thoughts and feelings he was trying to bury - hiding them from even himself.

Katri walked slightly behind Tari, eyeing Ty closely. He reached out, and implanted a thought into her mind, making sure she knew where it was coming from.

This 'Ty'... he's hiding something. I don't trust him, or his motives. Keep an eye on him.

He sighed a little, kicking a rock along the ground. It had stopped unusually far down the road and landed in a pile of sticks, strangely the rock slipped down into the pile of sticks. He smirked. "Yo Tacit.." He said, walking up behind him and motioning for everyone to stop.

"Looks like someone doesn't want us here.." He said, kicking the pile of sticks as it revealed a small pit of sharpened sticks, covered in what looked like light-brownish sludge. He glanced around the area and reached behind him, grasping the hilt of his massive sword with his right hand, as the sword was tilted to his right shoulder. "We're not alone.." He said, looking up into the barren sky, a few trees littered the worn path they were travelling, but not enough to hide a body in, let alone a few bodies.

"An individual.. " He said, sniffing the air a little then spitting on the ground, pulling his sword out a little.

Ty kept is hand on his weapon, walking to keep up with Tacit. "Alright. He seems crafty, like he knows what he's doing. Katri should know what to do with Tari.." He said, looking around for any sign of movement. His eye caught some movement to the left and he turned that way, only to see nothing but dead grass and a rotting stump of a tree. He turned back to Tacit, then forward. "He's near.. "

He withdrew his massive weapon and held it out infront of him vertically, his hands holding the long hilt tightly, drooping a little due to the amount of weight being held on them. He saw a shadow flit past him as he heard a feminine whisper in his ear, "five seconds," it said. He barely managed to make it out. He spun around with all his strength and sliced behind him as he was turned around, the sword slicing through the air. "Damnit.."

He turned back around, holding the sword out infront of him.

Archived