Home

Star Wars: Warriors of the Force

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He sighed and switched it off, letting it stay there. He snatched his ridiculously large wrench and his knapsack and slipped them on as an attendee from the Embassy dragged it inside the building. He strutted up next to Tari, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "Shall we?" He said in his most charming voice- he was doing this to get Tacit angry, it seemed to be working.

On any other normal occasion, Tari would have slapped Ty for even touching her. But seeing as he was a potential ally against Tacit, she smiled kindly at him, and slipped gently from beneath his arm. "Indeed we shall. That is, as long our control-freak friend doesn't have an objection to it."

Tacit threw her a dirty look, the turned away from them and began walking towards the north end of town.

"There's a shop on the edge of town I want to stop at. I want to get you a real weapon, princess - that dagger won't be very useful against anything more than a yelt rat."

"I'll also want to train you how to use both the dagger and what I have in mind for you properly. Something tells me of all the areas you've been edjucated in, hand to hand combat wasn't one of them. Katri can help me with that," he added, giving Katri suggestive look. "I want you to teach her whatever you can, got it?"

Katri smiled slightly. "He would not force her to do anything she didn't want to," she said quietly. "As for training, yes I can help with that."

She turned to Tari. "As much as I know you despise the idea, it is wise. I am paid to remain with you and that is what I'll do. But you ought to know how to defend yourself at least if there are more attackers than Tacit and I can effectively handle."

He glanced down at his ridiculously outdated and rusted 3 foot hammer hanging behind him on his belt as he walked. "Wow.. this thing needs.. " He looked to Tacit and grinned to himself, running up beside him and throwing an arm around his shoulders, practically hanging on him.

"Oh buddy ol' pal! How 'ya doing? How's your life? Anyway, let's get to the point.. I need a blade.. preferably a long, thick one with some weight.." He said, grinning from ear to ear. "What about it pal?"

The walk through the city was uneventful, other than a few drunks and a beggar. At the edge of town, a old shop with a battered sign had on display in it's windows a variety of swords, ranging from simple short swords to large, ornate broadswords. There was an assortment of other weapons, as well as several types of armour. Tacit opened the door, holding it open for the others.

Inside was quite, and felt oddly like an old library. An old man with a kind face stood behind the counter, shining a large shield behind the counter. Tacit walked up to the counter and cleared his throat.

"I need something for the girl," he said, indicating Tari. "Something easy to handle, but will keep her safe if I can't be there."

The old man studied Tari for a moment, then walked out from behind the counter. "I have a wide variety of smaller weapons over here..." he said, gesturing to the back wall. "I don't know how much weapons training she has..."

"None," said Tacit baldly. "But I plan on fixing that. I was hoping to get her a melee weapon - a blaster isn't going to do much, where we're going."

"Well, I have an assortment of swords to your left. Rapiers, short swords... I don't think she could handle anything larger than that, though."

"I doubt it," agreed Tacit, eyeing Tari. "Something light, I think. Iron, maybe. Nothing heavier than steel."

"I would preferably not handle a weapon at all." Tari murmured, looking around the shop with disdain. Why was Tacit so difficult?

Just then, something caught her eye. It was a longsword that was on display in the window. She moved past the otheres to its display, and wrapped her hand around the wire-bound hilt, lifting it down and resting the blade in her other palm. It was indeed heavier than she had thought, but the steel was flawless and glinting, the binding on the hilt smooth and comfortable. The jewel embedded in the pommel was an emerald, and the grip fit her well...or at least, with her limited knowlage, she thought it did. The crosshilt, also of steel, stretched straight across, the edges curving in both directions, forming two small spikes on each side. She gripped the hilt tighter, and swung it up. The movement was clumsy, and the blade nearly made contact with another display, but the weapon wasn't so heavy that she couldn't pick it up.

"How much for this?" she asked, scanning about and picking up the black and silver sheath for the weapon.

The old man waled over to her, and took the sword from her. "Ah, a fine choice, madam," he said, smiling. He turned to Tacit. "She has good taste."

Tacit rolled his eyes. "How much?"

"I believe I could sell it to you for... perhaps 200 deths."

Tacit pulled a money pouch from his tunic. "200 it is," he said, emptying the pouch on the counter, gold and silver coins cascading across it.

The old man went behind the counter to count out the coins. Tacit turned to Tari. "There's an old tradition among... my 'people'," he said. "We name our weapons. Something meaningful to he... or she... who wields it. I don't know if you'll want to do that. Just something to think about."

Tari began to pull the belt of the sheath around her waist, but throught better of it and instead slung it around her shoulder.

"Why in the world would I want to participate in a Jedia tradition?" she asked increduously as she tried, and failed, to slide the sword into the sheath. "I don't even have a good one..." she murmured to herself as she tried a second time, this time successfully to sheath her new blade across her back.

Archived