Home

Matukai Adept Robe upgradeable?

Malock

Recently I started playing KotOR2, I decided to go Light Side - melee. To avoid major mistakes in character creation I followed some advices found in "Player Character and Party Optimizing Guide" by SirCerberus.

In "Armor and Accessories" section SirCerberus says that best armor for Jedi Weaponmaster is Matukai Adept Robe - with Biorestorative Underlay Mark V. I found this robe yesterday and it's NOT upgradeable. And now I don't know if there is something wrong with my game, or with his guide... I also found other robe, upgradeable, with better STR bonus, but restricted to Dark Side.

If Matukai Adept Robe can be upgraded - do i have to reinstall / start new game to make it work?

If not - any chance of finding something better? Because now it looks like the game is unbalanced. Dark Side characters are stronger - both force users (Force Lightning) and fighters (better items).

Well first make sure it's the right robes also if they already have the umm +2 Dex, +2 STR(I think) +____(something else not sure, maybe Awareness but can't remember). If that checks out then that's really odd because I but the Biorestorative underlay V on it and everything was alright in my game.

First, welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Second, I cannot say much about the Matukai Adept Robe, but I would not worry about it. There are other robes that are good, and you can get plenty of bonuses to any attribute, as well as regeneration, throughout the game. There is even some armour that you can wear (Jal Shey, I believe) that does not restrict Force Powers (if you can stand the appearance :) ).

Third, don't worry about getting all the best toys in order to beat the game. There are a few battles that are tough, but nothing depends on having just the right weapon, armour, etc. The fun is in customizing the game experience according to what you like, not what some guide says works best.

i use the adept robes there good but not that good really there are gloves that do more than it! But my favorite robes is probally Matukai Adept Robes just coz i like the look lol, If your LS theres alot of good robes like the jedi master ones there not that bad just look round a bit the item spawn is random so d/w if youve got the robes then wear them they rule! But if you dont like them then keep looking round u'll find the right robes for you.

The only robes that are upgradeable in TSL are Jedi/Dark Jedi Knight or Master robes.

I believe the Baron Do Novice robes and the Baron Do something Robe is upgradable as well. I think. The Grey Jedi Robes can also be upgraded.

Yes the Ossus Keeper Robe is the one you get on Onderon

Thanks for warm welcome, and for replies. I dealt with the problem, but I will write few words just to clarify this matter.

First, I don't follow this guide blindly. It's not oracle, I treat it just like... a guide, set of general tips. I did a lot things differently and I do not regret.

For example: instead 16 CON I took 14, so I could invest 2 more points in STR. And with Physical Boost Implant this combination works better for me. I didn't even started as Guardian. I was Sentinal. Yes I have one feat less and little less HP, but I could develop skills the way I wanted to, and I am little better with Force. Maybe it's not that important for fighter, but I can use it to my advantage.

Robes. As for the other that you suggest: Ossus Keeper is great, but I don't have it and it's not meant for me anyway. I don't really need WIS, INT and CHA bonuses. "Jal Shey series" restricts DEX, so it's not that good either (although I use Zeison Sha Warrior Armor with Disciple).

Anyway, when I found Matukai Adept Robe I was just happy that I found something listed as "best stuff". And I REALLY like how it looks. Unfortunately it's not upgradeable on PC version. So I made little mod for myself to fix this problem. It took a while, because game didn't update old robes and I didn't want to use cheat console. But now I can fully enjoy my green outfit :emodanc:.

• 2 weeks later...
I just played throught the game without getting any kind of (Dark)Jedi Master robes.

There are fixed places you can get these robes at, each of the Jedi Masters has a Jedi Master Robe, and Darth Sion has a Dark Jedi Master Robe on him.

Of course you have to kill the Masters to get their robes, and then you would be a Sith if you did, so why would you want a Jedi Master Robe?

And Darth Sion is waaaaaay too late in the game to fully enjoy the Dark Jedi Master Robe.

But I do agree that their placement does not equate to their attributes... hence I made a mod so you could make the more normal Jedi/Dark Jedi robes at the workbench, if you can make armor underlays why not robes? :D

Archived