Home

Is there a way to ensure unarmed combat for the PC?

EnderWiggin

I am working on a mod for personal use, possibly for release, and it involves a pair of gloves which are pretty powerful. The only problem is, they are powerful because they are supposed to be used without the help of weapons. :rolleyes: If even a average blaster or vibroblade would be equipped while using these gloves, it would boost the power to that of a doublesaber with crystals. As of now, the gloves increase the user's power to that of an above-average saber.

Is there a way to, while the gloves are equipped at least, prevent the user from equipping any weapons? :confused:

By the way, these are going to be restricted to the PC... and the game would be KotOR II: TSL, so I am refering to the Exile (If only because having G0-T0 or Kreia fistfight against enemies is probably a bad idea.)

TIA.

_EW_

-BTW, the gloves will be semi-familiar to any who play SWG... ;)

Could I edit the Force Disarm power and make it a friendly power to disarm the PC, and then use it as an "onhit" effect to run the script?

Currently, It pulls ranged weapons from an enemy's hands, and equips them with a short sword. I could take out the equip part for the short sword, and change the unequip from ranged to ranged and melee.

Will this work?

TIA...

_EW_

Have you thought about a model for an Item such as wrist straps or something really simple similiar to the model for the wrist. Then you actually have your gauntlet take up a weapon slot by creating a new base item. Oldflash had created a wrist mounted lightsaber with 2 lightsaber blades sticking out. So I'm sure something that looks like a simple archers bracer type model could do the same.

That's an amazing idea.

Would that then use the animations for unarmed combat?

I guess I could set it up that way...

What the question now becomes is, I have bonus feats such as "Unarmed Combat III" and stuff... would they still work? Technically you're now armed.... that would be a problem...

Would there be a way for The Unarmed feats to still affect this?

_EW_

Could I edit the Force Disarm power and make it a friendly power to disarm the PC, and then use it as an "onhit" effect to run the script?

Currently, It pulls ranged weapons from an enemy's hands, and equips them with a short sword. I could take out the equip part for the short sword, and change the unequip from ranged to ranged and melee.

Will this work?

The problem with a scripted solution to this problem is that there is no good place where the script could be fired from. There is no OnAttacking event you can tie your script to. The best I can think of would be adding it to the the OnAttacked script of every single enemy in the game, which fires when a melee/ranged attack hits them.

The problem with that, besides the work of modifying all AI scripts, would be that the script would run when the player has already hit the enemy. Thus they'd get in one weapon hit doing damage and then the weapon would be unequipped. But there's nothing (other than the sheer annoyance factor) preventing the player from just immediately going to the inventory and re-equipping the weapon and then deliver another attack. :)

Have you thought about a model for an Item such as wrist straps or something really simple similiar to the model for the wrist. Then you actually have your gauntlet take up a weapon slot by creating a new base item.

While this may work, the problem is that the game doesn't count it as an unarmed attack any longer. Since it technically is a melee weapon, any bonuses from feats granting damage bonus to unarmed attacks will not take effect.

But the user will still be able to equip weapons, right?

Do you know how to stop that?

_EW_

This wont stop them holding weapons but they willnot get the bonuses from your gloves unless they are unarmed. If they are holding sword or sabers they will get nothing from your gloves. Bludgening damage is only for hand to hand combat. I probably should have writtent his above but I was in a hurry sorry.

Archived