Home

Ep II title announced, SW fans everywhere shoot themselves in the FACE.

Poor Bastard

Guest Rogue 9

I supose, I just couldn't take the thought of them using NT for something as important as StarWars...lets post the navies opinion biggrin.gif

Essentially, one of the US Navy ships became unusable due to an NT system crash. NT was unable to divide by zero at one point, crashing everything, and making all remote consoles dead on the ship. Glad they weren't under fire.

Here is a short article which indicates that the Navy is not happy with Microsoft. One paragraph: "There are shareware products that have better groupware features than those of Microsoft products, he said, drawing applause from the audience." ("He" is Undersecretary of the Navy Jerry MacArthur Hultin.)

I'm pretty sure people know where my OS loyalties lie now. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited August 06, 2001).]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hee Hee! biggrin.gif More good publcity for Billy G. and his "ultra-reliable" OS.

Like I said, I read that article (or whatever it was) a few years back at a time when I knew almost zilch about computers. I just wanted to know how ILM did the CGI effects, but I did pick up on the fact that it was a variant of another OS.

There was probibly a sentence in there that said something like "... unlike Windows NT..." and that's what I was associating with, since Windows was a name I recognized more than UNIX.

Or how 'bout : "The Return Of The Jar-Jar"! biggrin.gif

I was thinking about it though, when you consider Lucas' main influence on this series, those cheesy Buck Rodgers and Flash Gordon serials from the 30's and 40's, this title is right in that style. So are the others. Star Wars was always meant to be an update of those early reels.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN COME UP WITH A NAME THAT STUPID!!!

My media project in year 9 was better!!! this film looks like its going to be poor.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by JR2000Z:

OMFG ITS TRUE!!!!I thought it was a big joke that BP set up!

mad.gif

OMFG indeed! that exact same thought crossed my mind!

Makes me want to puke. It must be the dumbest, -insert bad and negative words here- , lowest thing I've ever read for a title....

reminds me of that movie:

"Attack Of The Mutant Zombie Flesh Eating Chickens From Mars"

that title actually being better.

eek.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited August 07, 2001).]

LISTEN UP PEOPLE. If you do into that theater thinking it's going to suck, you are NOT going to enjoy it, no matter what. Just keep an open mind about the film! Don't cheat yourself out of something that could be really enjoyable for you. You now what? I don't think the title is all that bad. It's certainly no worse than any of the others. "The Empire Strikes Back" is just as stupid-sounding, if you think about it.

Title says it all, damn movie will suck...

Really I can't imagine myself saying: "Damn, Attack of the clones sure was great",

doesn't sound right.

pfff. I still can't believe it! mad.gif

it really does sound like a title for Tim Burton to work on, he should take over lucas's film:

After "Edward scissor hands" and "Planet of the Apes" here comes another queer and trilling story: "Attack of the Clones"

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited August 07, 2001).]

Actaully, ESB was originally going to be titled "REvenge of the Jedi" but they found out Paramount was going to be releasing a movie called "The Revenge of Kahn" Paramount found out, and they BOTH changed the name of the movies to:

The Return of the Jedi

THe Wrath of Kahn.

Guest Rogue3

Well the title does SUX! :mad: but I agree with rogue9 Blue Harvest and such, but still we should keep an open mind about all this, who knows it could still be a good movie. Just in case its not I have some Nukes we could use......just in case wink.gif

Guest Fondas

At first, I though that this was just a wild rumormade up by fans...until I bothered to visit starwars.com

Admit it, the title is ridiculous !

Let's just hope that Lucas kids' contribution to the film will restrain to just that...

Originally posted by Admiral:

Well I'm happy to see that people remember the saying don't judge a book by it's cover.

I do not need to remember this. I can judge a book entirely by looking at it's cover. You see, I have x-ray vision, very rapid eye movements, and an unbelievably fast and high-capacity brain. Therefore, I can simply look at the cover of a book, and confine the entire text to memory in a matter of seconds.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Look i dont care what u say that title sux big time, ive read the script for the new film (the force.net had a script they had worked out or something from avaliable information) anyway, it sound ok, but not brilliant and now they bring out this name i cant believe it!!!

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived