Home

Ep II title announced, SW fans everywhere shoot themselves in the FACE.

Poor Bastard

bich.gif

That's the most ****ing retarded name ever. Whoever thought that a name like this would actually work must be smashed in the face with a shovel repeatedly, then have his family shot, then proceed to be raped by some big animal.

Oh yeah, click on the name for the full story, asshats.<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Poor Bastard (edited August 06, 2001).]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMFG ITS TRUE!!!! I thought it was a big joke that BP set up! I wonder how long it took for G. Lucas' kids to think that up. (They write the script now since George sold himself to Bill Gates.)

Isnt this all so perfect?

The Great Circle of Crap is finally complete.

mad.gif

(They made me use the mad face. There in for it now.)

Guest Rogue 9

I have one thing to say that may give hope...Lucasfilms has a history of releasing false titles to through people off...Blue Harvest anyone. smile.gif

They did change the name of "Revenge of the Jedi" at a late point (after the teaser trailers had been out for months, I remember seeing one), so there's still hope, slight as it is...

Just thought of something: "The Clone Wars" would be better and more accurate, wouldn't it?

But I guess that would make it Star Wars: The Clone Wars, perhaps a bit redundant.

Ick.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited August 06, 2001).]

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

Please make sense. This makes no sense. GL sold out to BG? I didn't know this. What is your reasoning? ILM uses Macs.

Actually, a lot of the current ILM CGI is done on Silcon Graphics (SGI) machines, wich run Win NT or 2K, so perhaps this isn't as far fetched as it sounds...

Originally posted by edlib:

Actually, a lot of the current ILM CGI is done on Silcon Graphics (SGI) machines, wich run Win NT or 2K, so perhaps this isn't as far fetched as it sounds...

Thank you. Im glad that someone else besides me had to say it.

Guest Rogue 9

Actually alot of the SGI systems run Linux, though you can get NT on them...why you would I don't know.

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited August 06, 2001).]

Well, I thought I read somewhere that ILMs systems were running a custom designed and built NT variant, but I could be mistaken. When I read that none of this meant much to me.

The point (or at least the one I was trying to make) is that they aren't using Macs for the most part.

Guest Rogue 9

Well, I thought I read somewhere that ILMs systems were running a custom designed and built NT variant, but I could be mistaken. When I read that none of this meant much to me.

The point (or at least the one I was trying to make) is that they aren't using Macs for the most part.

I can't remeber ILM's specific but I do know that Pixar Setups include a Mac and a SGI system at each workstation biggrin.gif

Guest Rogue 9

arrrggg! by editing you post you made it look like you found that before me. frown.gif

We developed a job scheduler, called Obaq, to organize the work of computing jobs on all of our processors, and we worked closely with SGI to take advantage of its IRIX operating system. That made a big difference on how many shots we could throughput at night with the same amount of computers, which helped Star Wars quite a bit."

--Christian Rouet, Director of Research and Development/Senior Technology Officer, ILM

IRIX is Unix based biggrin.gif not crummy microsoft technology

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited August 06, 2001).]

Archived