Home

Problems with HK-47, The Ebon Hawk, and The Red Eclipse Slavers

EnderWiggin

I downloaded the HK-47 Part Bin Mod (v1.0) by Shimaon, and I believe it has made my game "unwinnable" of sorts.

The HK Part Bin Mod edits the 003EBO.git file to add a placeable (hkpartsbin.utp) right next to HK and includes all four parts needed to get HK up and running.

I first knew I had a problem when I entered the Ebon Hawk for the first time. (For all you who don't remember, It is on Peragus when Sith soldiers - out of nowhere - attack your ship. You must gun them down in the turret.)

I purposely let about 3 or so soldiers in, looking for some extra experience. When I entered the 'Hawk to attack them, the 'Hawk was in battle mode (I had Party Members still, and the galaxy map was inactive.) but the enemies hadn't spawned, meaning I could not kill them to continue my game.

Unfortunately for me I was imprudent, and went ahead and reloaded my save game conveniently saved right before the turret game. This time, I let no soldiers infiltrate....

-----

Next I did Dantooine, and then all the side quests of Nar Shaddaa. Next problem. I gained enough... uninfluence? negative influence? whatever, to make the exchange mad. I then got the cutscene where the Trandoshans (Red Eclipse Slavers) are pushing around the Toydarian (sp?) - AKA, Old Watto - and then they decide to beat up on me. By the way, I also completed the "Atton's Secret" Quest right before this.

I then kill all the Trando's leading up to the Ebon Hawk. I enter the 'Hawk, and then, where 20 slavers should attack me, I get nothing. The Ebon Hawk is in battle mode (My Party Members ((Visas and Kreia)) are still active, all inactive members are not on the ship, and the galaxy map is disabled.) The only thing on the 'Hawk that is active is the HKpartsbin placable, and i cannot defeat the Slavers. (They aren't there, remember?) As such, I cannot get the Message from the exchange, I cannot leave Nar Shaddaa, and I cannot figure out what to do.

Do you think that the parts bin mod is the one disrupting my game?

Deleting the *.git file will do nothing, as my character has already entered the Ebon Hawk and the module has been loaded...

What would you recommend I do?

TIA....

_EW_

Oh yea, if this is the wrong place for this thread, please direct me where to post it.... thanks!

I had the same problem with that same mod, with the exception that my party members also went away.

Removing the file and loading up a game right before I entered the Hawk fixed it for me. I would assume that if you have control of your party, and you can leave the Hawk, do that. Otherwise you will have to load up a save before you went onto the Hawk on Nar Shaddaa (Auto Saves are a good place to look)

I downloaded the HK-47 Part Bin Mod (v1.0) by Shimaon, and I believe it has made my game "unwinnable" of sorts.

The HK Part Bin Mod edits the 003EBO.git file to add a placeable (hkpartsbin.utp) right next to HK and includes all four parts needed to get HK up and running.

(snip)

Do you think that the parts bin mod is the one disrupting my game?

Yes, this mod is broken and will mess up the game since it replaces all the different Ebon Hawk sets (there are several used for cutscenes and the Red Eclipse invasion in addition to the Normal Ebon Hawk) with a single .GIT files that was only meant for one of them.

If it doesn't help to just remove the offending .GIT from the override folder you could try opening your SAVEGAME.SAV file (make a backup first) with an ERF editor and delete the 00*EBO.SAV files from inside it. That would get rid of any saved versions of the Ebon Hawk modules.

Make sure you do a backup of your savegame first though since it can potentially cause trouble if any state information is stored in local variables within those modules.

I made a quick Mod a while back that adds a HK parts bin next to him (and a lab workbench in the medical bay) through scripting instead of editing the area GIT file, though I can't seem to find it now. There are probably other Mods made that to the same thing though since it's a fairly simple hack.

Thank you to both LiquidZoo and Stoffe, I just deleted the *.git and then reloaded a save from before when the -Red Eclipse Ebon Hawk Module- was loaded... I hadn't realized that there were multiple modules for the different battles, but it makes a lot of sense.

I will also bookmark this thread, for Stoffe brought an amazing thing to light. I didn't realize that module "saves" could be deleted! Thank you!

Problem Solved.

_EW_

(PS. Lock Away)

I made a quick Mod a while back that adds a HK parts bin next to him (and a lab workbench in the medical bay) through scripting instead of editing the area GIT file, though I can't seem to find it now.

I have a copy if you need it? :D (PM me!)

There are probably other Mods made that to the same thing though since it's a fairly simple hack.

I used it as a base to spawn my Kamino Eugenics Chamber for TSL. ;)

(PS. Lock Away)

By your command! :bot2: (If you ever need it re-opened just let us know.)

Archived