Home

Is it only me?

jedi_exile

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to have to disagree. I think the Handmaiden is the BEST DEVELOPED. She gives good old Bastilla a run for her money if you get what I'm saying.

I have to disagree with all of you! i think the best development was the apprentice (joins your party if your female) him being your old padawan and what not, that was cool. the only people that should have ben able to become jedi would have to him and the handmaiden. just my oppinion.

I have to disagree with all of you! i think the best development was the apprentice (joins your party if your female) him being your old padawan and what not, that was cool. the only people that should have ben able to become jedi would have to him and the handmaiden. just my oppinion.
He's not talking about story... He's... Never mind.

I liked it, but it wasnt as innovative as K1

I'd tend to disagree with that. Of course KotOR I was more technically innovative, considering it was new, KotOR II's general plot and characters took a totally new spin on the Star Wars theme, which made the game much more unique and interesting to play through.

I liked the extra options for customization in K2 (a larger variety of powers/feats, breaking down/crafting items, etc), and I even liked the story of the Exile, and the story of Kreia. However, the rest of the group was under-developed in my opinion. I would have preferred more attention to the other party members, and given them more backstory and depth.

I liked the extra options for customization in K2 (a larger variety of powers/feats, breaking down/crafting items, etc), and I even liked the story of the Exile, and the story of Kreia. However, the rest of the group was under-developed in my opinion. I would have preferred more attention to the other party members, and given them more backstory and depth.

The first few times I played TSL, I LOVED the game but now.... I find it very lacking in the plot. The plot is horrible in TSL. Even the story of the Exile is incomplete and really lacks compared to the original game.

The first few times I played TSL, I LOVED the game but now.... I find it very lacking in the plot. The plot is horrible in TSL. Even the story of the Exile is incomplete and really lacks compared to the original game.

I think we should have learned more of the Exile throughout the game. When you would speak with the Jedi Masters, they would all have the same information for you. I would have thought you would learn something "new" from each Master.

I enjoy playing LS more than DS in the KoTOR series, however I think I am going to try TSL as DS for the first time. Perhaps I will get more information this time around.

I agree that the plot could have used a whole lot more development, and the endgame could have been better, the NPCs could have been considerably improved by having more interaction and exposition and more fully developed backgrounds. The romance arc was completely inadequate.

What all of the above tells me is that I wanted more. More immersion, more gameplay, more character. What THAT tells me is that the game grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go. If the game had been crap, I could have cared less about omissions. I'd have played it through, enunciated the proper degree of "Meh." and moved on to whatever was next. TSL grabbed me hard and shook me into recognizing it's shortcomings by hammering me with its greatness. So it wasn't as great as we'd have liked it to be? It was great enough to get me to play it over and over when I'd all but given up video games. It was great enough for me to actually start to learn modding when I'd never given a rat's posterior for game additions even when I'd still been playing them. That's good enough for me. (although I still want more of all of the above)

I played TSL before I obtained KOTOR, and played KOTOR because I'd enjoyed TSL so much. I think I can honestly say that, had I gotten hold of KOTOR first, I'd not have gone on to the second game. While it was a very good game, it didn't grab me like TSL did. I'd have run through, said, "that was great," and moved on to something else. TSL left me craving MORE!

Archived