Home

Help! All my (PC) Save Games are wiped out!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I had gotten pretty far in Psychonauts on PC, I just finished the Milkman level and entered the Asylum, and completed the theatrical level where I had to beat the Phantom/Critic.

However I just had a hard drive failure on my computer and lost all my save games!

Does anyone have a save game file around roughly this part of the game that they can send me? It doesn't have to be maxed out with all the Figments, Cobwebs, Baggage, etc. (I can go back and round those up) I am just in horror of possibly having lost 30 hours of work in the game!

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Adam in Philadelphia

• 2 months later...

Well this certainly seems like a useful program, I've been trying to get it to work for the last couple months.

However I still can't get it to put me back in the game where I was (and I think I was real close to the end...)

So I'll ask again: anyone have a save game file they can send me thru E-mail? I'm not asking for a cheat here, even something halfway through the game would be fine.

Thanks

-Adam

Because I've already uncovered most of the story of Psychonauts and just want to beat the last few bosses and the game. But repeating 30+ hours? Some of the levels seem to take FOREVER (like Sasha's Shooting Gallery). I'm sorry, as much as I like Psychonauts I only have an hour or two to play each day and it took me over a month to get as far as I did.

I searched around on Google for "Psychonauts Save Games" and unfortunately the only ones out there are for Xbox.

I hope I'm not breaching some sort of unwritten code of etiquette on these forums by asking for a save game... am I not allowed to do something like that until I get my post count up a little higher?

I think it's probably more along the lines of nobody here having a save game exactly where you want it handy — I certainly don't. There's also the fact that many own it on the Xbox or PS2, and that the game only gives you a limited number of save slots (resulting in older ones being overwritten).

Sorry, but unless you can get the tool to work or somebody else comes to help, you're probably a bit wrecked. :(

• 4 weeks later...
get a mac you noob.

His Hard-drive fried,or something close to it, that means anything on a certain part of his hard-drive was wiped, or doesn't even work anymore, if he had a mac, he wouldn't be able to play the excellant game Psychonauts, nor could he even fix the problem on a mac, to my knowledge.

Think before you speak plzkthx.

• 3 months later...

I have the same prob, although I've got the profile folder from the Psychonauts dir, after reinstalling Psychonauts it does not see any saved games though?

I've downloaded the savegame editor, but not too hopefull if the game won't see my original profile folder and game saves.

• 3 weeks later...

(see subject).

Oh, and let me know what this whole thing is about. That's life, not the video game. Difference? Maybe. Maybe not, eh? Oh, and how do I hate the final level, as if there could be an end to the madness. LOL (I'm not really laughing)... Final knowledge? That's a fricken negative. Philosophy anyone?

Good luck, you godless sparks of divine imitation!

:vsd:

Archived