Home

Melee Combat in KotOR3

Darth Windu

How about more naturally looking motions. When you use certain melee actions, they seem to look like a repetative dance. How about more natural looking movements.

I woudn't mind seeing some punches. When the PC is too close to the character, they execute a melee technique, but they deliver punches to set their oponnent off balance.

If I were to use a sword and saw a chance, I would deliver a few punches or jabs.

I have the same opinion. Kotor is an easy game and will always be, dont expect any challenging fights, where you have to choose the right "tactical" moves.

While it wouldn't hurt to have more feats and combat abilites, if i want a change to the combat, i'd choose better looking motions. That is what i really like in Kotor.

• 2 weeks later...
That reminds me of the iknowkungfu cheat on JA. Now that was fun. Too bad you got stuck at the next force point allocation screen though.

Why, oh why do I have to learn of all the best things too late!!??

I've deleted JA long ago and have since borrowed it to a guy who managed to lose it!!

On topic:

I'm mostly ambivalent when it comes to the KoTOR fighting system. I like the existing fighting system, but I wouldn't mind if it was improved, or even replaced with a good real time fighting system.

I'm mostly ambivalent when it comes to the KoTOR fighting system. I like the existing fighting system, but I wouldn't mind if it was improved, or even replaced with a good real time fighting system.

Maybe I'm oldschool but IMO real time is good for FPS but really really bad for *every* RPG. I would be really pissed if K3 would become Jedi Knight 4 even if I really enjoyed hopping around like a flea on speed in Jedi Academy. The combat system of Kotor is next to perfect but the visualization is weak and needs improvement.

Archived