Home

Cat fear stimulus

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Cats are nuts. I've had kitties for years now, and I give up trying to understand how their minds work!

What is a cat afraid of? Well, they're terrified of water--which they need to survive--but have no problem with fire. confused.gif They're afraid of vacuum cleaners, but not traffic! Who programmed these creatures with such instincts?

One of my cats, Bebee, won't let a man with a beard get within twenty feet of her. She used to run away from my stepdad every time he came over, but as soon as he shaved the beard, things were fine. On the other hand, she will walk right up to a big, slobbery dog (which she'd never been around as a kitten) and meow 'hello' at it. Nuts! I have another cat who likes to bat at the tip of a sword when I'm playing with it, but is afraid of remote control cars--when he was small, he was afraid of any cat toy with feathers sticking out of it. What's the connection?

So I've come up with a theory: cats are insane. biggrin.gif It's the only explanation that makes sense.

<font size=1>I heard that! Who said that?</font>

------------------

'What's up is clearly defined as the opposite of what is down, in this case being the strongest source of local gravity...failing that, in space, what's up is opposite the direction of accelerative G-force--or, coincidentally, the same direction I happen to be targeting with these laser cannon. Die, b*tch!'

--Official forum space terrorist

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dogs are loyal, cats just go where there is food. A dog would starve with his master (So he can eat him afterwords biggrin.gif thus Dogs being smarter)

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited August 15, 2001).]

My aunts cat are deathly afraid of a) me and b) little kids. I swar I have never seen more than that thing's tail as it darts under some furniture.

------------------

The nation lie in shambles with thousands dead and millions injured. Why? You ask why this all happened? BECAUSE YOU HAD ARCHIE AND EDITH BUNKER DISCUSS THEIR SEX LIFE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

Official forum Psychic

I have 3 cats and I can't figger 'em out, niether. You wouldn't want a couple of 'em, wouldja?

No, didn't think so.

One of the cats will lay in an open window in a pouring rainstorm, but will hide under the bed at the first rumble of thunder.

The best pet I ever had: My pet skunk Larry.

Coolest pet ever! biggrin.gif

I once had a Hamster, he was incredible! we kept him in the basement and when we'd forget to close the cage he would escape in rambo style (the exit was on the roof of the cage) and we'd only find him about 3 to 6 days later lurking on the last floor, that was two floors higher! He used the stairs like a human eek.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited August 15, 2001).]

cats are awsome...

when they are hungery, they wil lgo out and hunt. YOu never have to pick up their crap. They keep themselves clean (until they get older.. then you need to brush them) they are purrfect companions who will never try to dominate you...

I love cats... they are the prefect pets

Tho i think all cats are communists... i herd one say "Meow-<font size=0>tse-tung</font>" when he thought i wasn't around.

Dogs smell, crap everywhere, slobber over everything and stick thier nose in your crotch, and cannot fed for themselves in the wild.

Cats rule, dogs drool

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I have four kitties. Three are pusses--Bebee, Oreo and Pesto. My tom is Mickey Cat, who occasionally posts here at XWA.

*(Starts singing.)*

'Cats! Cats! Cats! Cats--!'

Guest Mickey Cat

I'm not afraid of anything!

Except vacuum cleaners. And possums. Strange, noisy people I suppose. Fireworks. Garden hoses are bad...

Oh, nevermind. biggrin.gif

------------------

'Meeowrr!'

I had a tom cat a few years ago who just decided to move in with me one day. I called him " Big Black Bart"

He was part Maine Coon cat, part black Persian, and weighed almost 30 pounds! (All muscle too, he wasn't really fat. The vet couldn't believe how huge he was, bigger than most small dogs)

I saw him beat the crap out of a dog twice his size one day. That dog wouldn't come near the yard ever again.

I had to give him away the last time I moved, but I've been in touch with the people who took him. The say he's the undisputed king of the neighborhood where he is now.

He was cool. He would walk along with me whenever I went out, staying at my heel the whole time.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited August 16, 2001).]

i personally favor both dogs and cats...actually i like pretty much any animal, except fish...i hate fish. it does irritate me tho when ppl make their arguments as to why cats are better than dogs or dogs are better than cats. it's a pointless circular argument because it's like comparing apples and oranges. i can understand comparing two dogs or two cats, but to compare them to each other is just ridiculous. of course they don't act the same or do the same things because they aren't even members of the same species!! dogs and cats respectively each have their good qualities, and they both suck in some way or another. i have known very very nice dogs and cats, and ones that are real jackasses. dogs are great because they are so loyal, and they generally love you to death. when a dog's owner dies, much of the time the dog ends up dying too simply because it is mourning so much. a cat will just move on because it is more independent. but this also means that a cat deep down has a "screw you" kind of attitude toward people. sure some dogs are dumb, but some are very smart, like mine. some cats are dumb too, but some are just very stubborn and don't want to do what people train them to do. now this post has gotten way too long already....but please don't bash one or the other, it's a dumb argument and nobody ever wins.

thank you, that is all.

I was once part owner of a massive Russian blue named Rebel. He killed two other cats and fed on whole pigeons. Then he disappeared after 1.5 years of life. We know he's still alive somewhere because every so often there'll be a part Russian blue in a litter...and he's the only Russian blue around.

I friend's a farmer, and he's got a grand total of 37 cats that call his house/barn/porch/driveway/hayfields home. 90% of them are inbred and the other 10% are bastards that came out of "Pregnant Katie" as we all call her, cause she's pregnant more that she's not. Katie will dissapear a couple of months after giving birth to one litter, and come back, pregnant again, about a week later. She's the barnyard slut... But having that many cats around makes for some good jokes...

The first time I went to his house, I said, "Holy sh*t! Look at all the cats!" to which Matt replied, "Yup... I've got what every man wants... A lifetime supply of pussy!"

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Archived