Home

Two Friggin' Years...

Rogue Nine

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

I challenge you to find a SINGLE time I mentioned beer EVER.

<A HREF="http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/Forum10/HTML/002923-2.html" TARGET=_blank>
JEK GURKINS: KIA, BATTLE OF YAVIN

His X-Wing suffered a critical hit after he became distracted when he dropped his ham sandwich and spilled beer all over his lap

</A> <A HREF="http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/Forum10/HTML/002565.html" TARGET=_blank>
i'm only going to be 19. i STILL can't drink yet

so no beer at my "party"

my party consists of me going to work. sucky thing to do on my birthday. huzzah i get to work.

</A> <A HREF="http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/Forum10/HTML/002206-2.html" TARGET=_blank>
The AMAZING BEER DRINKING SQUIRREL is on bangable again...I'm SO HAPPY.
</A>

that is 4 times.. at least

now i am goign to wash my fingers, keyboard, moniter, and my eyes with soap since i have quoted nute 5 times

------------------

Obviously your poor grammar, spelling, and thought processes

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher

Official XWA flight instructor

[This message has been edited by K_Kinnison (edited August 15, 2001).]

Naw, I think it was settled with my brilliant logical...thingy. Or not.

Besides, arguing on the internet is like entering the Special Olympics: you may be the winner, but you're still a retard.

------------------

The nation lie in shambles with thousands dead and millions injured. Why? You ask why this all happened? BECAUSE YOU HAD ARCHIE AND EDITH BUNKER DISCUSS THEIR SEX LIFE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

Official forum Psychic

[This message has been edited by Taarkin (edited August 15, 2001).]

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Originally posted by Taarkin:

Cracken's right! You see Nine, none of us are actually your friends. Your mom thought you needed some company and promised all of us 5 bucks a month to tolerate you. No one knew what we were getting ourselves into, but she made us sign a contract so we coldn't get out. We're trying to form a union for a raise(c'mon, how much of $5 is left after taxes?) but she won't let us. We are currently considering blackmailing your mom about her secret Puerto Rican immigrant smuggling ring. Little do they know that since they're already US citizens they don't need to be smuggled but your mom would rather have the $600 each. How else do you think you got that fancy computer?

Hey i never got that, i want my money, since ive been here since may 99, that gives me, does quick sum in head - 9213739043024702 dollars. Which of course i cant use in my country frown.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

You never claimed it, but we all knew you were.

------------------

The nation lie in shambles with thousands dead and millions injured. Why? You ask why this all happened? BECAUSE YOU HAD ARCHIE AND EDITH BUNKER DISCUSS THEIR SEX LIFE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

Official forum Psychic

Originally posted by Poor Bastard:

And then they go "I WILL KILL YOU! *MY SHIP LAUNCHES YUO TO SPAEC!!!" and then some other dude goes "OH NOS YOU HAVE DEFEATED ME IN A GAME OF WIT!"

"They"? Need you be remined of that ICQ session between you and Tek/Cracken(can't remember)?

------------------

Official forum Psychic

Guest Zoom Rabbit

*(The cops show up, and Zoom drops a frantic, harrassed sheep on them from the balcony over the front door.)*

There. Now this party is different. biggrin.gif

I think 'party threads' are the absolute stupidest thing ever because they're all the same. every last damn one of them.

It's called "Tradition" Nute, and it doesn't have to be cool or make any sense as long as the majority of those involved agree to go along with it. People like to mark and be recognized for milestones in thier existance, and this seems to be how it's done at XWA.

Ultimately it's all just words on a computer screen. The only thing that matters is the thought behind it.

The "SSD Party" is the XWA variation on the timeless bonding rituals, going back to mandkind's beginnings, and seen in every culture at every piont in history. If it wasn't this, it would be something else that achieved the same goal. I guess we could just all come out and say what we mean at these "parties": "I value your existance and your contributions to the group. I wish to continue in your company in the future." Or perhaps something less clinical and more emotional: "Niner, I love you Man!", but I doubt that any of us would be comfotable with these types of exchanges, so the collective group unconcious has invented a ceremony of sorts to provide this level of contact without the uncomfortable naked, raw emotions involved. It's something that human beings have always done.

It's not going to change, so your choices are to A.) Accept it and participate, or B.) not participate.

My suggestion is to lighten up a bit.

The way I see it:

If it makes people feel good to do it, and since I'm not paying for the server space and it isn't affecting my bandwidth, then I don't care.

I have never noticed the party threads keeping people from posting in the other threads, but if you feel there are too many then the obvious solution is to start more 'non-party' threads.

Until then, Cheers!

Edited for spelinngk

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited August 16, 2001).]

Archived