Home

Fear

JR2000Z

Well here I am. 1:30AM. Im tired but awake. Why? Im facing my fear. Every night that I cant sleep, I get scared that I wont get any sleep for that night and that Im missing out on something like everyone else. I figure if Im going to to sleep well for future nights, I must face my fear. Besides, if I did sleep, I would wake up at 3:00 to catch a plane.

Yes, this night is a good time for me to face my fear because Im leaving for Canada to stay for over a week.

I have a ton of other fears. Like the all-so-common fear of hights and stage fright. But of course most people are born with it.

What your fear?

(IM TIRED. IF ANYBODY IS OUT THERE, A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION WOULD BE NICE.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also afraid of other large flying insects, but only because I hear one and think "Oh #%&* a wasp!"

If you do not know what a Camel Spider is, look for the 11-page thread in the Somethingawful forums. It is basicly an 8 inch long spider that runs 30mph and has painkillers in its salivia so it can eat things while the victims are asleep. Some marines in Desert Storm got their faces eaten off.

amplypygid(hon).jpg

Roughly life-size

[This message has been edited by Taarkin (edited August 16, 2001).]

Originally posted by Taarkin:

If you do not know what a Camel Spider is, look for the 11-page thread in the Somethingawful forums. It is basicly an 8 inch long spider that runs 30mph and has painkillers in its salivia so it can eat things while the victims are asleep. Some marines in Desert Storm got their faces eaten off.

Yeeesh. Thankfully we don't get anything anywhere near that large here, the biggest one I've ever seen is probably about 5 inches long, and none are poisinous. They still creep me out though.

[This message has been edited by Admiral Zaarin (edited August 16, 2001).]

Roller coasters are the best. I fear heights to some extent, but I'm fine with water. Maybe a bit claustrophobic. Oh, and I have to close all my shades at night because I don't want to see some psycho murderer guy peeking in or something to that nature. And while I was watching Jurassic Park III yesterday, i pictured myself as one of the characters during the movie and found out that I would be deathly afraid of dinosaurs were they real.

Archived