Home

What maps are you working on?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Just curious to see what kind of maps you are all working on? 2v2, 3v3, space or ground maps? Will you be trying something daring, or maybe stick to something more traditional?

Post away without giving too much away..

Personally, I cant wait to download the patch and editor on Monday when I return to broadband land....then theres the live chat....then I will create a MONSTER of a map.....

DMUK

TR release its "base" mod shortly (relevant thread is to come...), meaning that we're done with all major coding and we'll move on full speed on map making, modelling and skinning.

Now, if you ask about maps: all GC maps will be made way bigger (and we mean way bigger), with more tactical elements and better pathfinding. This applies both for ground and space maps.

And ofcourse, as soon as this is done or simultaneously (but on 2nd priority), we'll be creating some innovating MP maps, since we can set our imagination free in this area :).

Stay tuned....it's just the beginning...

TR release its "base" mod shortly (relevant thread is to come...), meaning that we're done with all major coding and we'll move on full speed on map making, modelling and skinning.

Now, if you ask about maps: all GC maps will be made way bigger (and we mean way bigger), with more tactical elements and better pathfinding. This applies both for ground and space maps.

And ofcourse, as soon as this is done or simultaneously (but on 2nd priority), we'll be creating some innovating MP maps, since we can set our imagination free in this area :).

Stay tuned....it's just the beginning...

As space maps are significantly easier to create will you be releasing this modification in two sets. Space mods then land mods.

As far as i can tell, its going to take about 14 days of solid work to do all those land maps but you could do the space maps in a couple of days. That doesn't include other responsibilities..

Made a sweet 3 v 3 map (Apoc's Border Wars) simple enough design but you get slightly more re-inforcements to increase your chances at defense and also give more ships for slightly bigger battles.

Also done a 8 player Labbing map (Apoc's Lab Arena) for the sole purpose of extensive unit to unit labbing and experimentation without the nuisance of obstacles in your way via a huge arena surrounded by one big asteroid field in the centre of map. Could be played as a skirmish map but wasnt designed for that.

Both are space maps.

As space maps are significantly easier to create will you be releasing this modification in two sets. Space mods then land mods.

As far as i can tell, its going to take about 14 days of solid work to do all those land maps but you could do the space maps in a couple of days. That doesn't include other responsibilities..

We'll be releasing map packs of 10-20 maps each, and when everything is done, we'll update the TR pack.

True, it's difficult work to make those land maps as they meant to be, but that's why there are mod teams out there :D!

Hmm....Well, so far, I've been working on a Talus map for Galactic Conquest...Far from done, but coming along -

talus1.jpg

City of Dearic, Defender's main base location (4 Build Slots on planet, Lvl. 3 space station) Incomplete.

talus2.jpg

Middle of the map, Where the 4th structure of your base goes, location of the Pirate Base and Power Generators. Incomplete :p

talus3.jpg

Attacker landing zone, nearing completion.

talus4.jpg

Small civillian settlement out on the plains, much texturing work to be done here...Also another landing spot to capture...

talus5.jpg

View of the unfinished city of Dearic.

talus6.jpg

Eh.....a bit of a SkyDome issue here. :D

But, I've said too much....You saw nothing! Heh, I'll have more progress later.

-Xoriss

Archived