Home

Jedi Malak Selectable PC

Hayden Kered

I could do it, even with the reskin of Bane, but it would have to be a personal mod for you. Actually, if DarthSaboteur would still want to do it, he could do just as you asked if it was just sent to you. Only a public release would be a problem.

_EW_

I could do it, even with the reskin of Bane, but it would have to be a personal mod for you. Actually, if DarthSaboteur would still want to do it, he could do just as you asked if it was just sent to you. Only a public release would be a problem.

_EW_

Never thought of that. Well if one of you would want to try it with the reskin just let me know when you get it done and I'll send a PM for where to send the mod. Thanks I appreciate it!

I wouldn't want to overstep my boundaries, or offend anyone, so I will wait and see if DarthSaboteur still wants to do this. If he does not, I would be glad to. If he does, I will let him do it, as he did say he was going to do it before I did.

But out of curiosity...

Which game?

_EW_

I just have to ask are you intending on cutting Malak's head from the single body mesh and trying to weld it to another head and probably skew or mess up the various animations, EW? I ask this because the Jedi Malak head is part of a single body mesh. While you can have it as a selectable PC there is the potential for game crashes when you do so in the character creation process. This is because of a hardcoded programming boundary.

_EW_

If it was up to me I would prefer to have the Jedi Malak selectable PC (with his own outfit) and make it a public release, which would be better for everyone and have the reskin done as a personal use.

I just have to ask are you intending on cutting Malak's head from the single body mesh and trying to weld it to another head and probably skew or mess up the various animations, EW? I ask this because the Jedi Malak head is part of a single body mesh. While you can have it as a selectable PC there is the potential for game crashes when you do so in the character creation process. This is because of a hardcoded programming boundary.

I noticed that last night when I went looking for this... I wasn't paying attention and I thought the full body mesh was the head, and look what happened when I put it ingame: :rofl:

malekhead.jpg

_EW_

I wouldn't want to overstep my boundaries, or offend anyone, so I will wait and see if DarthSaboteur still wants to do this. If he does not, I would be glad to. If he does, I will let him do it, as he did say he was going to do it before I did.

But out of curiosity...

Which game?

_EW_

I can't believe I forgot to say for which game. It would be for TSL. Sorry about that, guess I got a case of the D.U.H. Syndrom

Just thought of something. By using the full body mesh as a selectable pc, will that effect

the appreance in game? (Example: wear a jedi robe and appreance shows pc in jedi robe) I would like to be able to change wardrobes, will it be best to go along with just the head mesh for this?

Well, if I edited the .2da entries so that Malak could wear normal robes and clothing I'm not sure what'd happen. I think I'd have to reduce his size as well so that he can "fit" into the armor/robes. If anyone else can finish this mod before me, that'd be fine. Right now I'm making the portrait and making the portraits.2da edits for it.

Well, if I edited the .2da entries so that Malak could wear normal robes and clothing I'm not sure what'd happen. I think I'd have to reduce his size as well so that he can "fit" into the armor/robes. If anyone else can finish this mod before me, that'd be fine. Right now I'm making the portrait and making the portraits.2da edits for it.

Kinda sounds like it would be a headache...lol! Well, not sure how far you are but I am looking forward to seeing your work.

Well, if I edited the .2da entries so that Malak could wear normal robes and clothing I'm not sure what'd happen.

The Jedi Malak head and body are one model, so simple 2da editing will not work to get him to wear robes/armor. Like the Darth Malak model he can be used for a PC appearance, but he will only be able to use a single bladed saber and he will not change appearance when you put things on him. Sorry.

Edit: Actually if I recall correctly if you add in entries into the appearance.2da for the normal player body models, you will likely get a headless body, or you might even get a crash if you put something on him.

I noticed that last night when I went looking for this... I wasn't paying attention and I thought the full body mesh was the head, and look what happened when I put it ingame: :rofl:

_EW_

Hint: do not delete parts and do not move verticles on z axes. Use "render" checkbox in modif. panell and where does not exist (like aurora flex) convert that part to aurora trimesh and uncheck render box.

However, this look good. I use to get worse than taht. :)

Hey Oldflash if you can succesfully cut heads and make them seperate heads can you give this a go with the Quarren, Trandoshan, Aqualish & maybe some others? :D

Also why would you need to cut Bastilla's head from body mesh? They are already 2 seperate models.

I can't belive how stupid I am. I was think it's about cutting head and use body. However, hor malak is not so big mistake. I can cut head and transform into a headgear. With some settings in appearance.2da that headgear canot be take off (something like mandalore armor). Because pc head need to have eye animation that headgear will have 2 holes instead of eyes and need to be constructed for certain pc head. But only for malak head (that model is in one of mainmenu).

I can't belive how stupid I am. I was think it's about cutting head and use body. However, hor malak is not so big mistake. I can cut head and transform into a headgear. With some settings in appearance.2da that headgear canot be take off (something like mandalore armor). Because pc head need to have eye animation that headgear will have 2 holes instead of eyes and need to be constructed for certain pc head. But only for malak head (that model is in one of mainmenu).

So from what you're saying is that you can make malak's head a permanent helmet, with the eyes cut out? Am I understainding this correctly?

Just keep in mind about the Jedi Malak model. He only has animations for single blade weapons. He does not have animations for the flurry and critical strike attacks. He does have the power attack animation, so you do have something there. :D

Just keep in mind about the Jedi Malak model. He only has animations for single blade weapons. He does not have animations for the flurry and critical strike attacks. He does have the power attack animation, so you do have something there. :D

So it would probably be better to make malak's head a pc, by doing that I would then be able to have full animations. Wouldn't I?

Archived