Home

kingcheez's awesome thread about the awesome game oblivion

OBLIVION RULES.

Don't believe me?

First of all, it'll run on old compies, so long as you can provide a graphics card faster than a slug. I'm running on 667mhz processor power, 256mb ram, and a Radeon 9250 256MB memory. Thanks, Oldblivion.

But not only can I run it on my lame-o rig, I can play on FULL SETTINGS.

So here's some proof.

mycharacter6yj.jpg

hi my name is KILL YOU

meagain3zw.jpg

darker nights + shrouded armor = sneaking up on innocent old people and making them eat poison apples

meinarmorroom6bv.jpg

A WORLD OF ARMOR JUST 4 ME

So like, yeah. I'll also update this topic with stories, often accompanied with screenshots.

But talk about Oblivion here. Talk about how much it rocks. Talk about what you did in it. Talk about what you want to do in it. Talk about what your nerdy friend tells you every day while you pretend to listen while you draw him getting shot in the stomach as he rants on about the lame-o guards in Cheydinhal.

This is true.

And Elder Scrolls 4 is different from 3 in so many reasons.

1: No more travelling for hours.

2: The environments and ruins and dungeons all feel so different from Morrowind's.

3: People actually have schedules.

But the one defining thing that sets it apart?

Elder Scrolls 4 is fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Oblivion is my favorite game next to psychonauts, its so freaking incredible. I beat it in 2 weeks. CONSTANT PLAYING. Plus I think there is less on XBOX 360 but still I did all the quests. Its the most beautyful thing ever. The only dumb thing is that horses are IMPOSSIBLE to buy, and so are homes. I just Kill. AND KILL. Just switch to easy mode and kill away! Hold on I'll check my highest bounty...

36000500 coins. Yah, thats about half of the people that can die. And just for the shear hell of it I killed all the blades and all of the people trying to help me get rid of the master gate. FUN FUN FUN. Awsome game, who ever doesnt have it, BUY IT!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah so, spoiler alert.

The ending quests of the Dark Brotherhood were heartwrenching. LUCIEN DIDN'T DO NUFFIN! Alas.

Also, I remember how in-game, I honestly just sat there solemnly after closing the Great Gate. Jauffre and Burd were just lying dead on the ground. I couldn't even loot their armor, I was just seriously depressed. Jauffre ruled. Burd was great. But I put on my cloak and headed for Paradise.

Also, I massacred all of Bruma later. Just in a Black Hand robe and hood, murdering 'til the sun came out.

I had Daedric armor, I had several sets of it, I have the PC version, but it's fun to play, you know, legitly.

(my computer sucks)

EDIT: Besides, Daedric armor is too bulky. I get around fine just rolling around (my acrobatics, with all my acrobat gear on, is somewhere over 120) and jumping, running, and blocking out of harm's way.

Not to mention the fact I just put on the Dark Brotherhood stuff and sneak around town, stabbing anyone I see fit.

Archived