Home

US 1 Taliban 0

Nute Gunray

I did a bit of research last night about something they keep talking about: Those Stinger missiles that the Afghanis have.

Two very interesting things were turned up:

1) the rocket motors burn solid fuel that has a shelf life of 15 years. At around the age of 13 they can start to develop cracks in the fuel and by 15 they won't work. The missiles they have were given to them roughly around 1986. Those missiles are at LEAST 15 years old biggrin.gif

2) the targeting system of the Stinger (if the optics SOMEHOW survived 15 years in desert caves) won't track a target if it's got a US/NATO IFF transponder. Obivously, all US aircraft use a US IFF transponder.

So the "threat" of the Stinger missiles evaporates when it turns out that even if the missile somehow doesn't explode in it's launch tube from disentgrating rocket fuel (and that the optics can even SEE), it won't be able to lock on.

We were ONE STEP AHEAD 15 years ago biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

edited because i misspelled the word cave.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited October 12, 2001).]

CNN did a report a couple weeks ago about how weak the stingers are, therefore I know this stuff already. You're LATE! wink.gif

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

The afgan forces has very strange armament: for example they use the russian rocket pod for aircraft in land installations, or put a 152mm howitzer over a truck. But is very dangerous for aircraft fly to low, they have AA guns everywhere.

------------------

"All your base are belong to us", "Surrender for your own good"

- Kanon Siege Forces, 2001

Kanon´s Robotic Facility

nute, you assuming they dont know how to maintain and assemble a stinger. The CIA taught them everyhting they needed to know about the stinger. They assumed it was only going ot be used against russians.

ANd who says they couldn't get the spare parts from the black market?

And the IFF thing can be easily disabled if you know how.. i talked to wone of my friends who worked in ordincace ofr the Air Force. The missile will still fire without the IFF system

but, besides AAA, that is the only real threat to aircraft... and we know the range and how to easily spoof the missile

You can't MAINTAIN solid rocket propellent. It simply degrades over time and then must be disposed of.

And I doubt the CIA would have told them how to alter the IFF systems. The US might have done a lot of stupid stuff, but teaching them how to turn our weapons against us probably wasn't one of them.

Guest Rogue15

the news is stupit. like once i was watching it, and they were showing this violent online game (i think it's called drug something) and u sell drugs and kill cops, etc. and at the end they gave out the website for it!!!! what idiots!

The Taliban have succeeded in shooting down an American helicopter. Two pilots died in the crash...

(It crashed in Pakistan while trying to get away of Afghanistan after they got hit)

Of course the American military denies it is due to a Taliban attack and claim it was an accident. Personally, believe this is not true and for some reason they don't want to admit that the Taliban did it.

See Nute, I told you that, sadly, there is no such thing as 100% risk free. Never underestimate the enemy.

The Taliban score one point. mad.giffrown.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited October 20, 2001).]

The helo crashed 60 miles inside Pakistan. It was too far out of range of ANYTHING the Afghanis have.

A sailor aboard the USS Inchon was killed in a fire. You gonna think they did that too? tongue.gif

PS: it would be a greater propaganda tool on our part to say the helo was shot down.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited October 20, 2001).]

There is no reason for a cover up. We know that american soldiers will die in this fight. I'm afraid your wrong Jem.

Further news. Army Rangers hit and destroyed 2 targets.

US/world score a point. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

God Bless America

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited October 20, 2001).]

We have also killed the son of the Taliban leader. Apparently he was wounded the first night, and just now died.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Here's the fixed Stinger missile. I hope it works:

fim92.gif <font color=blue>FIM-92 Stinger</font>

Specifications:

length: 3 ft. 5 in.

Body Diam.: 3 1/2 in.

Wingspan: 9 in.

Guidance: Passive IR (heat-seeking)

As you can see, it is very small. That's because it's a man-portable SAM*. It is launched from a tube and is guided to its target, an enemy airplane. It has a range of 3 miles, which is pretty good for it's size and travels at around mach 3.

Like I said, how-in-the-hell did the Taliban get their claws on them? It's US built.

*Surface-air missile

Guest Coffeebean_uk

HI BOYS (AND GALS) I'M BACK!!

Ok down to the business of the day. As much as I hate to say it, I am forced to agree with Mr Gunray, our resident Millitary boffin. Those stingers are well on the way to Gang F**k. besides those towel heads have probebly forgotten how to use them.

The loss of that Chopper crew was unfortunate, but it would have taken a genious pilot to fly it 57 miles after a stinger hit. (Hey he must have been a brit!!)

CNN is crap

CB

PS. Im doing a presentation in College on the Motion, It is never Just or Morrally Right to go to war. Nit my choice, i am arguing against the motion. Give me some ammo for the debate guys.

------------------

Yea as I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death.

I shall fear no evil,

For I have The BIGGEST F***ING Stick in the valley. - Deep Blue Sea.

Archived