Home

What i have been doing lately

K_Kinnison

Well, for starters i have been slowly stepping away from the XWA community. 2 Jobs, lack of sleep, and 1 major hobby kinda puit a crap on it.

Well, i have 2 paying jobs, and the Hobbie is self-supporting.

The hobbie.

It is Called "Mage-Knight". It is a Colletable Minatures game, similar to a Cross of Magic: The Gathering, and Warhammer. What is making it so hot, is that you get a booster of 4-5 Figures, pre-painted, and ready to paly with its stats on the base, on a Revolutionary dial that changes the stats as you take damage.

What is making me tell you all this, is taht I work for Wizkidsm the company that makes the game, promoting the game, and officating events. A few weeks ago i Played in a Tournement at Rockford Illinois, called Rock-con, one first place, and had my Picture put up on the Offical Mage-knight site.

here is the article about the con: Report on Rock-con

demoinprogress.jpg

helping out Demostrating the games for some kids

Won first place (that is me on the far right)

sundaystourneywinners.jpg

K, I've heard of Mage Knight but I don't have a clue on how is played. Can you give me some insight ?

does it worth the trouble ?

P.S. who did you say you were... the guy on the far left.... eek.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Fondas, it is well worth it, i belvie Mage-knight is going to be hotter, and more popular then M:tg

Typical Figure

MK_dial.gif

What makes Mage-knight so special is the Combat dial (the black circle thing the figure is on) on the top of the dial, you can get infommation such as:

Colletors numbers (there are about 140-160 diffrant figures in each set)

Strength of unit (denoted by stars for Weak, Standered, TOugh units, no stars means it is a unique figure)

The Name of the unit

the point cost of a unit

On the front of the dial, like the one above you should see some numbers on a white background... these are the figures stats

Movement (how many inches it can move in a turn)

Attack value (How good can it hit something)

Defense (how hard it is to hit)

Damage (how much damage it can do)

As a figure takes damage, you spin the dial, and the stats change.. take to much dmage and the figures gets killed and taken off the battle field.

Typically games have 200-point armies, this is enuf for about 15-5 figuresin your army. The more powerful figures cost more. so if you spend mucho money on this game to get "The best" figures, you still wont have a well balanced army.. and you will probly lose a lot of games.

For every 100 points you ahve in your army, you get an action, this action cvan be given to figures to attack or move... which makes it a very tactical game. instead of everyone shooting , everyone moving, and such liek warhammer, you will ahve little mini-battles, and tactical manuvers.

This is a very easy game to play, i have had games where i palyed against a 6 year old. who actaully beat me frown.gifwink.gif one place where i run torunies, have a lot of kids getting tired of Pokemon, and swithcing to mage-knight. Also some other places we have Warhammer people who converted to mage-knight because the games got boring.

Fondas, let me know where you live, and i can get infomation on a store near you that is demostrating the game. you can see for yourself. how kewl the game is smile.gifsmile.gif

and i dont?

well the far left one is a kid, that probly spends most of his time in front of a Nintendo or watching Pokeman and DBZ on TV

The 2nd to the left reminds me a lot of the COmic book guy on the simpsons. Probly spends most of his time on the computer or watching TV, ni fact he spent about $50 on a new card game while i was playing in the tourny

The guy next to me is wearing a cheapo leather trenchcoat, and thinks he is some kinda medival person, or Goth.

they are gamers. Mundanes (normals) fear us

The trenchcoat dude looks likea combination of like 10 people I know. Wierd thing is, I can imagine someone else saying the same thing.

------------------

You're supposed to be dumpster-diving for ham scraps, you six-piece chicken McNobody!

Official forum Psychic

K_K, I live in Athens, Greece.I think I know som stores (fantasy games stores) where I can have a taste of the game. the problem is... lack of time. frown.gif

anyway, it sounds like a fun game to play.

I think I've seen Dragon Figures for that game, and they really look good !

Yes, they have had 3 Dragons come out allreay:

Great Fire Dragon

Venomous Shadow Dragon

Polar Ice Dragon

1 coming out next year: Radiant Light Dragon

2 Chariots that have been released: the Black Powder Rebels War Wagon, the Atlantis Guild Ram Chariot

3 Chariots planned for 3 otehr factions

2 Tanks

I used to game. The old WEG (D6) system for Star Wars. I still have some RPG stuff on my site, and I'll add more when I get around to the upgrade (in about a million years).

I'm effectively boycotting WotC's D20 system, and trying to come up with a better combat system to tack onto D6 (based on hitpoints and standardized damage).

Taking five minutes to roll & tally a split-second blaster shootout kinda ruins it.

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Originally posted by Rogue Nine:

K, you're a stud muffin! A hunk! Oh my goodness, I'm going to faint...

biggrin.gif

This is something I could have lived with out.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

God Bless America

Archived