Home

The Sith RACE

tbl1

On the Kreia note: I don't remember any mention of a Sith Race. Sounds like more EU invention.

More like a Wiki invention.

Speaking of false Wiki:

Who here believes that Darth Plageus was a Muun?

Darth Plagueis, sometimes referred to as Darth Plagueis the Wise, was a Muun Dark Lord of the Sith, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane, who lived during the century leading up to the Battle of Naboo.[/Quote]

Anybody?

I didn't think so.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i rode something that said darth plagus was the master of the sidouos you may have said it in the last posts but i dont know because i did not read much of it

Well, yes, Darth Plageus was the master of Darth Sidious. That was told in the movie, which means it is canonical, or true.

But Wookiepedia says that Plageus was a Muun, like San Hill. I said that that was false. But then I read this on StarWars.com:

"In 2008, readers will learn more. James Luceno, author of the bestselling Cloak of Deception and Darth Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, has been contracted by Del Rey Books to write a novel about Darth Sidious and his Muun mentor, Darth Plagueis. As is to be expected on all matters of the Sith, details remain obscured by the shadow of the dark side, but in time, more will be revealed.

Luceno's as yet untitled book is scheduled for hardcover release in 2008."

This article is the source of the "Plageus-Muun" rumors, and that information about Plageus was released with the announcement of the book. So, I was wrong, and Wookiepedia was right. But thare are still many articles with false information on Wookiepedia.

Well, yes, Darth Plageus was the master of Darth Sidious. That was told in the movie, which means it is canonical, or true.

Where?

It was not clearly mentioned in the movie; however, Palpatine's expressions hinted to a connection. I think it was mentioned in a movie companion book.

Where?

It was not clearly mentioned in the movie; however, Palpatine's expressions hinted to a connection. I think it was mentioned in a movie companion book.

It was mentioned by Palpatine in the movie, but of course, he may have been lying. But it was also told by Luceno in all three of his Revenge of the Sith tie-in books, which are canonical. The books and plageus mentions:

Labyrinth of Evil:

Page 178: "Of his youth, Sidious had offered little these past thirteen years; of his master, Darth Plageus, even less."

Revenge of the Sith: Words that confirm Darth Sidious' apprenticeship to Darth Plagueis are shown, but I don't have a copy of the book, i have read it though.

Dark Lord:

Page 176: "Sidious didn't have to imagine the content of the Sith Holocrons, because Sidious's own master, Darth Plageus, had once allowed Sidious to access the actual Holocrons."

Page 179: "Into his thoughts came the words of Darth Plageus."

Page 303: "Sidious could still hear Darth Plageus lecturing him. Envy, hatred, betrayal... They were essential to mastering the Dark Side, but only as a means of distancing oneself from all common notions of morality in the interest of a higher goal. Only when Sidious had understood this fully had he acted on it, killing his master while he slept. Unlike Plageus, Sidious knew better than to sleep. More important, by the time Vader was capable of becoming a risk to Sidious's Mastery, Sidious would be fully conversant with the secrets Plageus had spent a lifetime seeking-the power of life over death."

All three of these books are official movie tie-ins, therefore making them canonical. And all of the quotes above come directly from the books I have sitting right in front of me.

Plus, if they are making a book about Plageus, then he is obviously canonical.

(could someone combine my post above with this one? my computer won't post it all in one post again!!! sorry!!!)

Agreed.

On the Kreia note: I don't remember any mention of a Sith Race. Sounds like more EU invention. From what I understand, the Sith are fallen Jedi who come from a divirsity of species.

Novel/Game Canon vrs. Movie Canon

I hate when novels go against what is established in movies. Gr...

My point of view: What is developed on the big screen is main canon, and it is the foundation to the Star Wars universe. Anything that contridicts the movies, I don't consider it to hold any weight on Lucas's vision. What is developed for games and novels, I consider them to hold no weight on the overall picture. Game/Novel canon is like another dimension, which is entertaining in its own right. However, I don't take what I read/see in novels or games as a legit historical record on Star Wars. This is just my opinion.

EU writter are very creative and entertaining, but they hold no bearing on my movie perspective.

Sith species. What the hell were they thinking.

So what do you do when the movies contradict themselves? :eek:;):lol:

Such as when Luke asks Leia about her mother. Yet in EP III Padame dies in child birth.

So what do you do when the movies contradict themselves? :eek:;):lol:

Such as when Luke asks Leia about her mother. Yet in EP III Padame dies in child birth.

Leia remembers her mother's smile. In Episode III, Obi-Wan holds Leia up to Padme, and Padme smiles and names her Leia. Then she dies.

My point of view: What is developed on the big screen is main canon, and it is the foundation to the Star Wars universe. Anything that contridicts the movies, I don't consider it to hold any weight on Lucas's vision. What is developed for games and novels, I consider them to hold no weight on the overall picture. Game/Novel canon is like another dimension, which is entertaining in its own right. However, I don't take what I read/see in novels or games as a legit historical record on Star Wars. This is just my opinion.[/Quote]

If LucasArts, LucasFilm, or LucasBooks created it, then it is historically correct, because all ideas go through George Lucas, who then has to approve the creation before the creation goes out to the world. At least, that is the case with LucasBooks and LucasFilm, and I remember reading somewhere that George Lucas also has to approve any LucasArts game. I know he helped with the Monkey Island project as well as the Star Wars games.

The Infinities and Marvel Star Wars brands had nothing to do with Lucas, and therefore they are not considered canon.

And the things that Lucas approve of never contradict the movies, unless he accidentally misses something.

Don't get me wrong McLeodCorp, I respect your opinion. My opinion is that all of the things that Lucas approves is canon.

Hey, don't start yellin at me, Lucas is the one who came up with it.

Plus, Leia has a deep connection with the Force. Thus, good memory.

I agree that babies' brains are too immature to remember, even if they're Force gifted. I just thought it was a small continuity error--with that many movies, it's nearly impossible not to have something wrong somewhere. No biggie, since it doesn't fundamentally alter the overall story.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole ''To trust, or not to trust wikipedia, that is the question'' off-topic topic started when RedHawke expressed his disbelief in the text from the first post of this thread. Now, I really have no idea how accurate wikipedia is and I really don't want to get into a debate about it, but I do know that the text from the first post is true, since it is originally from Star Wars: Behind the Magic interactive 2-disc set, which is a LucasArts release.

but I do know that the text from the first post is true, since it is originally from Star Wars: Behind the Magic interactive 2-disc set, which is a LucasArts release.
And this is part of the storyline from the old KOTOR era comics.

They are available in my country (honestly, what isn't?), but i.....just.....cant.....find......them...... :headbump

I googled 'Tales of the Jedi' and after a very non-exhaustive search, I learned that they're available at least at amazon.com in paperback (Vol 1-3 and maybe more) if you want it just for the story. I'm sure you probably could find the actual comics somewhere on Google, too.

I googled 'Tales of the Jedi' and after a very non-exhaustive search, I learned that they're available at least at amazon.com in paperback (Vol 1-3 and maybe more) if you want it just for the story. I'm sure you probably could find the actual comics somewhere on Google, too.

O. Ok. I'll probably buy them. Maybe. Possibly. Thanks!

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not that rich... yet. :D

Archived