Home

Why was it necessary to confront Darth Nihilus? *spoilers*

Joe89

Visas needed to confront him, and the Exile would become stronger by it, like Kreia would have sayed. And who knows, its not likley, but Nihlius was holding the ship togheter with the force, the ship should maybe not been hole blown up if Nihlius kept holding it with the force

Do you really prefer playing a game where the main character suddenly goes "Skrew the planets, skrew the world, I am going to chill out in Nar Shardaa with Brianna here"

No, because I'd prefer to go to Onderon with Atton or Bao-Dur.

You have to kill Nihilis so he doesn't suck the Force out of all the Republic ships coming in to get his.

Have you read the post?? He say that when you have planted the explosives. You dont need to confront him because you can just blow him up, he can't suck the force when he flying around in the space with no ship and some lost body parts

Visas needed to confront him, and the Exile would become stronger by it, like Kreia would have sayed. And who knows, its not likley, but Nihlius was holding the ship togheter with the force, the ship should maybe not been hole blown up if Nihlius kept holding it with the force

If that was the case, the Ravager would have collapsed as soon as Nihilus was killed.

You have to kill Nihilis so he doesn't suck the Force out of all the Republic ships coming in to get his.

Or not, considering that you could have detonated the explosives to kill him instead. Which would probably have been quicker anyway, just getting back to the ship and blowing it up, then spending all that time heading to the bridge and fighting him.

If that was the case, the Ravager would have collapsed as soon as Nihilus was killed.
Im sure they say that Nihlius holding the shop togheter, think it's Tobin that say it.

Or not, considering that you could have detonated the explosives to kill him instead. Which would probably have been quicker anyway, just getting back to the ship and blowing it up, then spending all that time heading to the bridge and fighting him.
Thats the hole thing, why not just do that, would be quicker. But it wouldnt be much of a end boss if you could do that.

Seriously, once they planted the explosives, why didn't they get the hell out of there and blow up the ship? There was no need to fight him!

I see what you mean. The explosions could have killed him.

What I can't figure out is why didn't the Exile try to convince Nihilus to turn to the lightside? Doesn't the Jedi Philosophy, Consolur (sp?) Class expecially, explain that a Jedi should bring darkness to light? I thought a lot of the Jedi Philosophy covers bringing fallen Jedi back to the lightside. What is even more interesting, the dialogue in KotOR II didn't reflect the class you choose. Interesting isn't it? The diaogue only covered alignment. Why waste the explosives?

Do you really prefer playing a game where the main character suddenly goes "Skrew the planets, skrew the world, I am going to chill out in Nar Shardaa with Brianna here"

I agree. I'd rather play a game where the character goes "Screw the planets, screw the world, screw Visas and Mira, I am gonna go chill on Nar Shaddaa with Brianna."

On-topic:

Ok, then tell us what you would propose doing instead of killing Nihilus (Other than hanging out with, shall we say, "interesting" NPCS).

You have to face him for 3 reasons:

1. He would destroy Telos.

2. There would be a huge hole in the Force with him alive.

3. He is on the front cover of the game.

Plus, they had already cut so much content out of the game, they had to put in a fight with him, if only to make the game more challenging near the end.

Archived