Home

Getting ANY of the files to work on XP

tomtommyboy

Hey everyone

I'm new on this thread so sorry if this sort of thing has been posted before...

...but I've searched the web and can't find any relevant details. I have a GRIM FANDANGO CD (one disc, not 2 as seems to be the norm discussed on some forums) which doesn't autorun when I put it in my DVD drive on my PC. When I open up the files to explore on the CD I have one executable file, "AUTOSTUB". NOTHING I do can make it run, including all the 'compatibility' settings etc., and I'm stuck at such an early stage that any patches are irrelevant. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it sounds a bit dodgy. Having one disk in itself is probably not too odd, assuming that it's the DVD version which was released later on as far as I'm aware. However, the contents of it certainly don't sound very healthy!

Is it definitely a boxed, legitimate copy? I've never heard of a DVD's contents just vanishing like that.

• 10 months later...

The CD Which has only one executable file named autostub is the second one, so i guess that you don't have the CD I, but the CD II, and the setup is in the first one....I think there's a CD missing...

EDIT: I didn't realised that the post was so old! forgive me....

Archived