Home

What's Wrong With The Special?

urluckyday

Which Star Wars Version Do You Like The Most?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars Version Do You Like The Most?

• The originals...like 1977 original
    • The special edition (1997) or (2004) DVD versions
    • Both are amazing

Greedo shooting first killed the remakes for me. Although I do like the added scenery. The Jabba the Hut scene is flawed because Han calls Jabba "A wonderful human being". I know this is because it was a human in a costume, but this obviously doesn't flow with the final product of the Jabba the Hut character. As far as the dvd's go, Ian Mcdiarmid as Palpatine in Episode V is cool, but Hayden (I forget how to spell is last name) as the spirit form sucks. All they did is edit the head, and it doesn't look good because he is wearing robes that Hayden never wore. Watch episodes 2 and 3, he's not wearing the standard robes.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a lot of elitist Star Wars Fans, some say unless you watch the latest version of the movies and know all the EU you don't qualify, others say only the OT is good, the PT sucks, and the EU is Convoluted blah blah, You cant win. I personally experienced the Originals from 1983 onwards, but I am completely happy with the SE, I think the changes suit the current vision of Star Wars, and, I even prefer the "New" End Celebration Song to the Ewok folk song (Gasp) :)

I liked the DVD versions just because the old Anakin and Emperor just didn't fit into the movie.

Well, wasn't the 'old' Emperor the same Emperor from the prequals? The old Anakin was technically in the movie....

I chose the DVD (2004) special edition, just because it was digitally re-mastered, and was a DVD.

I vote for both because nearly all of the differences are so trivial that I find it ludicrous that there have been entire threads on hundreds of forums across the internet arguing over whether the unmasked Vader at the end of ROTJ has eyebrows or not.

Archived