Home

Planet Editor

darth smith

thats exactly what i mean, a level editor, so you can put things here, things there, it would make the game far more enjoyable, i would prefer it for kotor2, but, hey, it could be for both, right?

Imagine Korriban (k2's version) edited, it could be one of the highlights of the game again. It would be useful if it was the same setup as the save game editor so you could choose what you want and where............someone should make it, for the galaxys sake

Yes! DARTH SMITH, I am with you!!!

KII and KI formats are different. I think for KII it will be more useful.

Actually we may port Korriban from KI into KII, but it is very illegal.

I think the best way is to make addition for 3ds max (7 and 8) and g-max!

But wanna be happy???

Darkkender is going to make new vesion of super mdlops, may be there will be something like level editor!!!

I think if yes, he will be one of the most famous members in Holowan Labs.

So, we should have hope that Darkkender will do it, or someone will write addition to 3ds max and g-max, or make something like Unreal Editor for UT, but for Kotor.

!!!!!!!!!!PROGRAMMERS OF HOLLOWAN FORUMS MAKE IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

!!!YOU ARE HOPE FOR HUNDREDS OF MODDERS!!!

Pavlos, it looks like we were talking about level editor like NWN level editor, it changes area models. Something like this I think.

Sorry for spamming but please! It is the best idea I've ever heard!!! It will be really good if someone make it!!!

Sorry for spamming but please!

Lit, if you feel you have to post a line like this as part of your post, then odds are you should simply refrain from posting. If you think you are spamming the odds are that you are spamming, so don't spam, and play it safe. Just an FYI. ;)

Pavlos, it looks like we were talking about level editor like NWN level editor, it changes area models. Something like this I think.

Sorry for spamming but please! It is the best idea I've ever heard!!! It will be really good if someone make it!!!

You can't get much more control over modules than with Fred's Map Editor Adaptation onto KotOR Tool.

I think that if you want something different than this, you shouldn't get your hopes up....

but an indepth description would be nice.

_EW_

We can also edit area models in 3D redactors a little, without walkmesh, and it cause great problems.

I mean to write addition for 3ds max (g-max) or to write new program like NWN Level Editor (I tried to convert file formats from it, but something is missng, may be walkmeshs are different, don't know). It should have ability to generate walkmesh and layout with model, and it will be good to have built-in model compiler and previewer, but not really needed, and will be good to have access to models.bif and textures.erf. Just to make work more easy. And another, very important thing that for example when I save my model in .max (3ds max format) or .gmax some critical information loses, and this model is no more working, fixing it will be another great thing. Example of level editing: just three days ago I have removed some turrets, rocks, boxes and other little, non-walkmesh things from Dantooine Khoonda, and it works ok, but when I removed Ebon Haw there were bugs! Planet Editor will fix it. Also it would be great have ablity to edit visual effects, we also have it, but it is difficult.

I think first we need to conquer the area model format and wok file format before we even consider anything like a full scale planet/area editor. Then and only then after we have had grand success with the area models working we look at an area editor.

Archived