Home

Old School? Advice needed :)

Ihira

Well..I'm obviously new to these forums :) So before I start interrogating everyone about SWG's current status I guess I'll give you my story :p

I was an old school player of SWG, Was the third MID on Bria. I was mostly an entertainer throughout SWG because the community was absolutely amazing. Nothing like I had ever seen. I dabbled in combat and such, but was really quite bored with it and everything.. So I maintained a Master Dancer and Master Image designer build, and still enjoyed it.

I took a long break before any massive changes, Before the Image Designer revamp and then I rejoined...We could..Change stats? I can't remember the proper name.

From here I noticed the community was lackened..The cantina was only AFKers and I really had no business as an image designer.

So, I quit.

This was all before JTL or Combat upgrade..And this... NGE thing everyone is mentioning (Not really sure what that is.)

I've noticed that the professions are really changed..I've looked around the forums and the website..But I think anyone who has gone on the website has found them horribly difficult to navigate.

In general...How is SWG now? Is it worth me re-subcribing..Especially if I dont intend on primarily participating in combat? My only other character was a Bio Engineer..And from the looks of it, They dont exist anymore :(

In general...Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

~Ihira

EDIT : Title more appropriate, Spelling error, Also wanted to apologize for another (How is SWG like?) Post..I just havent heard from someone who hasnt played in as long of a time as I have..And from an entertainer perspective :)

I am not an Ent, or a Trader but I can answer your questions. SWG now is pretty good in my opinion (others might tell you something different). The entertainer profession isn’t that bad, I started an Ent for my alt and found it very fun! The Cantina in Mos Eisley is usually packed with people (some Ents AFK). The way to make money if you are an Entertainer is to pretty much try your best to get tips. The easiest way to get tips is if you are a girl Entertainer (the guys seem to pay more if you flirt with them >=O). As for Bio Engineer that profession is gone. In place of all that stuff is Trader. If you are a Trader you are able to make stuff (never really experimented with that profession), like Weapons, Clothes, Ships, ect. As far as community goes I am having a great time on Sunrunner! Of course there are some snobby players here and there but other then that it is a blast! I hope that answered all your questions.

Welcome to Lucasforums!

My best advice and this is based on what is coming in future publishes...

Wait another 9ish months.

Right now the publish plan has the Dev's ripping apart the combat professions and remaking them with the expertise system. The publish plan has this going on for the next 4-5 publishes. Each publish takes a good 2-3 months to do and then they debug and 'tweak' everything in between.

On top of that, we were supposed to see a collision system introduced, but I'm pretty sure that has been put to the side indefinately.

Overall the game is not even as near complete as the Dev's wanted it to be after 8 months of Developement. I quit back in Feb and I gave myself 9 months before I would even think of logging back in. Now I'm looking at another 9 months... possibly a year. Pretty sad.

The game is now in a better state than it was 3 or 4 months back, but it's still far from great. The new PvP zone (Restuss) is very popular and brilliantly implemented.

It's worth getting and the community is growing again.

NGE is disgusting, being as you have a 9 professions ok some may be good and others being what alot of people usually love (jedi). But Pre-Cu had it where you could choose one starting profession gain other starting proffessions then branch off into more elite ones. and by doing this it implemented a feel of actually living in the real Star Wars universe where you could get jobs, work on them until you are at the highest level, or quit and start a new one if you so desired to. You could be a malicious imperial bounty hunter savagely hunting down rebels and on the side have a hobby of bio-engineering little kittens for the local orphans. you had an entire variety of things to do and no two characters were ever the same. But with NGE you must stay the same profession until the end and what happens when you get to the highest level. You can go exploring but you don't really gain any skills or whatever. And also NGE makes it so you can just become jedi, but with Pre-CU it was like you actually had to figure out how to become jedi wheather visiting POI's mastering professions or finiding a holocron, It was complicated and when you saw a Jedi you knew that that person had accomplished something unlike the ones that you see nowadays where it is, wow they chose jedi, who cares. But those are just my personal thoughts

Archived