Home

I may be the only one

I must confess to being a total noob when it comes to "installing a mod", let alone create one. The reason I signed up here is very specific. I am a contributing author to a Star Wars RPG, as well as the "sketch artist" at TFN.

I am looking for a someone to create a MOD for either Kotor or TSL based on Jedi Master Quinlan Vos. After downloading DAP/Holowan Consortium, I believe that this hope of mine is not that far fetched.

We are in the process of creating a web-based flash comic, that is centered around our story.

Kind of like having "lab-mice" :ears1: build a time machine...

:smash:

First, welcome to the forums. I hope you will take the time to look around. LucasForums.com is pretty extensive. If you have modding questions, please feel free to ask around. Someone is allways here to help.

Jedi Master Quinlan Vos? I am at a loss. If you don't mind me asking, who is this character?

Quinlan Vos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinlan_Vos

So, what exactly is your request? Would you like any kind of mod on Quinlan Vos or do you have something specific in mind. Please give as much information on the mod you are requesting, otherwise modders won't be able to do much... Do you want to be able to play as Quinlan or do you want some sort of back story on him, since hes not really supposed to be in the Kotor timelines.

Either way sounds like an interesting request.

Quinlan Vos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinlan_Vos

So, what exactly is your request? Would you like any kind of mod on Quinlan Vos or do you have something specific in mind. Please give as much information on the mod you are requesting, otherwise modders won't be able to do much... Do you want to be able to play as Quinlan or do you want some sort of back story on him, since hes not really supposed to be in the Kotor timelines.

Either way sounds like an interesting request.

Yes, well you asked for it! LOL Here is the image I want to be able to enable for Kotor or rather TSL. Vos is merely the template. I want a Kiffar Jedi. Would the easiest way be to make it an option from the start?

The model should be this:

I am huge fan of the DarkHorse series, I also draw my own Vos and send you more if you like.

Simply because it is unique in its own right. Save for the Green saber. (Where is that red Darth Andedu crystal at anyways?) If I rember its down on the Wiki Vos page. :smash:

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/d/d4/Quinlan.jpg

As far as providing backstory for a MOD, I think that would be cool. He could be the first Kiffar in universe. There are million ways to go with it, Jedi... Sith...

Briefly, I kinda like the thought of him being more tribal than Jedi. But he has to be more than just force sensitive, so you can grab a saber if you so choose. He should have a natural command of the force. His knowledge should be similar to that of the MOD with 18 new powers. Not all of them mind you, but at least all the elemental ones. You beat him then offer to train him (spare him in his eyes) for a LS player.

(or)

Heh hehh Hehhh, the TRUE DS experience, you beat him into submission and make him swear loyalty to you:

"...or I'll end your pathetic existence right where you stand!"

After all, you must first gain control of another before you move on to bigger Sith things. Make him your assasin, or the first incarnation of the "hand" or "mailed fist". To really make the MOD a must have, there should be an option to send him off and kill a specific NPC's on other worlds. Maybe to wack the Quarren in the refugee sector , or the Queen on Onderon...

Sorry for the double, the server here is giving me fits... Fixed! ;) -RH

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for as far as a mod goes, I mean I don't know if you were looking for a Quinlan Vos recruit mod or a storyline changing type mod, but I do have a Quinlan Vos modeled saber, I made it at the same time as a Jacen Solo type modeled saber. Anyway, I could let someone use those files if they wanted to do a Quinlan Vos themed mod. Shouldn't this be in the request section though. (I'll put a screenie up when I find it.)

Edit: Ok I lied(sorry), the files aren't all completely put together, some minor editing to the files would probably be needed. Anyway here's a pic of it rendered.quinlanrender1bk5.th.jpg

From what you have sent me through PM, I can honestly say that this type of mod could take a good three months straight. I am personally not familar with modelling through G-Max. I am a Lightwave user, and I don't know if there are similarities.

If someone were to take upon themselves to be lead, I am willing to create some textures and .utis. I wish I had enough time to get involved. :(

It would be cool to see this character in a game.

Well I must say that I am impressed by what I saw on Telos with DAP MOD. I will not offer anything other than positive feedback. Bastila looked awesome! And the items in the med center were well recieved. But back to the topic.

I am not looking for a Quinlan Vos MOD per se, as it doesn't fit the story. But I would like a Kiffar-Force sensitive PC. I gave up trying to post last night. (thanks for fixing RH!)

To continue where I left off:

Briefly, I kinda like the thought of him being more tribal than Jedi. But he has to be more than just force sensitive, so you can grab a saber if you so choose. He should have a natural command of the force. His knowledge should be similar to that of the MOD with 18 new powers. Not all of them mind you, but at least all the elemental ones. You beat him then offer to train him (spare him in his eyes) for a LS player.

(or)

Heh hehh Hehhh, the TRUE DS experience, you beat him into submission and make him swear loyalty to you:

"...or I'll end your pathetic existence right where you stand!"

(nice ultimatum eh?)

To really make the MOD a must have, there should be an option to send him off and kill a specific NPC's on other worlds. Maybe to wack the Quarren in the refugee sector , or the Queen on Onderon...

Since you already brawl in your undies with the Handmaiden, wouldn't it be cool if you could spar with this new Kiffu? The twist? You have to take control of the MOD character and beat your EXILE. With the difficulty on "easy". As a reward the MOD receives Shi-Cho. The second spar session should then be on "normal" and the reward, another Saber form that the Exile has already learned. The third and final spar session should be on "difficult" and the reward for beating the EXILE would be a "Force Form".

I thought long and hard about this, and since sparring is already in the game on Dxun, I thought this the most logical type of inclusion. As for dialogue, well I would gladly write it all. THAT (my writing) is the only thing I can lend these forums, as my sketches have no use here.

I will add more on this later.

Does anyone know if "redhawkes' Revan the white Robes MOD" is compatible

with DAP. And, if so, where can I get it. I tried his forum, I tried the mirror. No luck...

EDIT: The detail! I can't believe the amount of detail in the 'Dark padawan robes', its amazing. The symbols on the sash, even.

I have all the KOTOR mods of RedHawke's, SSS. With his permission, I can put them up in a share site for you to get at.

They are good as of Christmas of 2004. I don't know if there have been any updates since then.

Thanks, my SDO brother for refering me to this site. As you can see I have been a silent fan of Redhawke's work for a long time! :beam2:

I have all the KOTOR mods of RedHawke's, SSS. With his permission, I can put them up in a share site for you to get at.

They are good as of Christmas of 2004. I don't know if there have been any updates since then.

Thanks, my SDO brother for refering me to this site. As you can see I have been a silent fan of Redhawke's work for a long time! :beam2:

He does have a working website you know.

Check here.

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/

_EW_

LDU!!

Were it not for you my SDO brother, I would never have downloaded a MOD in the first place. As for my last question, Redhawke answered via pm. Although I still haven't heard from any any willing modder.

I guess no-one is willing to undertake creation the suggested Kiffu mod.

Its all good, I get make my own Revan robes, AND meet a Sunrider...

Yeah, I dig the Pic so I had to put it up. I sent you a different one, LDU.

As for DAP, it works flawlessly. The items are great, and the Characters that you will interact with, will provide you with that "new" twist you seek. I really liked how they incorporated the Transdosian Voice -overs.

Really sweet!!

Also Chainz' Kreia Robe MOD, is AWESOME. JUST AWESOME, you get to build a mechno-hand for her. Although I don't know where the other two pieces are yet...

It goes hand in hand with DAP. I think there ought to be a walk-through included in every "read-me". That way noobs like me can find all the stuff the right way. I'd hate to cheat it into my inventory. (I only do the saber cheat on Peragus)

I am at level 17 and can't wait to build Redhawke's Revan Star Forge robes.

The one thing that sucks about TSL, the "Darth Malak Armor" is nothing more then Zeison Shai with an orange-red trim. WE GOT ROBBED!!! LOL...

I wonder: Are there any MOD's out there that ACTUALLY have the MALAK Armor as WE FIRST saw it? Now THAT, would be cool.

The one thing that sucks about TSL, the "Darth Malak Armor" is nothing more then Zeison Shai with an orange-red trim. WE GOT ROBBED!!! LOL...

Not really, as the armor was not part of the actual game, it was cut content.

I wonder: Are there any MOD's out there that ACTUALLY have the MALAK Armor as WE FIRST saw it? Now THAT, would be cool.

First, you would need someone who can do modelling to cut off Malak's head and make his body able to handle PC Heads. Darth Malak's body has some weapon and combat animation limitations, so those would also be an issue. Then there is the height issue, as Malak's body is real tall compared to the PC body models.

So the answer is likely a no.

At least we have the chance to make the Star Forge robes. All Is not lost. If I had a clue, I would make it my mission to find a way to do the real Malak Armor. At least the chest-plate and cape. The sleeves I can do without, or I would just make them black. The height issue should be the easiest to account for, but since I'm clueless, and from the looks of things, we'll never see it.

I can see why they Cut it Redhawke, it doesn't look anything like the original.

There was mod that modified TSL so-called Malak's armor to give you his full appearance. I suggest asking in Pcgm link request thread. However he would be missing much of combat feat animations for small creatures like cannoks and such.

Thanks. I'll take another look...

Archived