Home

Two New Telltale Tools

Benny

Quick And Easy Software

I've released two new programs, both are Telltale-related.

Telltale Explorer is, as the name suggests, the Telltale equivalent to Psychonauts Explorer and allows you to browse the game archives, save/convert images and fonts, extract the dialog scripts, rip the music and more.

It supports all 4 Telltale games (Telltale Texas Hold’em, Bone: Out From Boneville, CSI-3 Dimensions of Murder, Bone: The Great Cow Race) and is able to do more with some games than others. For more on specific limitations see the readme.

TelltaleExplorerSmall.gif

Get it here.

Telltale Music Extractor enables you to rip the music from all 4 Telltale games. It rips all the music at once, rather than individually as Telltale Explorer does.

TelltaleMusicExtractorSmall.gif

Get it here.

BGBennyboy, I really DIG (and use) your stuff.

As for the TTExplorer, do you think you could add a feature that allows to import the modified files BACK into the ttarch files? To be precise, I'm thinking of the Texas Hold'em dialog script: that would allow a fan translation! :-)

One could edit the simple txt file and import it back into the data file automatically as a LUA script...

Bye,

Dom (Italy)

I've already released a tool that allows you to create .ttarch files. Its called the Bone ttarch creator, I havent tested it with any of the other Telltale games. There's a good chance it'll work with CSI and Texas Hold'em though.

If you want to edit the dialog text, you would need to edit the .langdb file. Its layout is quite simple and a tool to edit its contents could easily be made.

I've already released a tool that allows you to create .ttarch files. Its called the Bone ttarch creator, I havent tested it with any of the other Telltale games. There's a good chance it'll work with CSI and Texas Hold'em though.

If you want to edit the dialog text, you would need to edit the .langdb file. Its layout is quite simple and a tool to edit its contents could easily be made.

Thanks for your reply. :-)

I've already tried the Bone Ttarch Creator but it doesn't work with Hold'em (the game crashes).

Also, I really don't know how to create tools like that, I'm not a programmer. Is there an easy way to learn these simple programming skills? ;-)

Thanks, BGBennyboy!

You're a benefactor of humanity. :-)

I'll give the new tool a try. If you coded a lang file editor I wouldn't complain. To be more precise, I think I could weep openly (of joy).

Dom

EDIT (08/05): The tool works!!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived