Home

KotOR 3 Forums: Becoming Spam?

The Source

KotOR 3 Forums: Becoming Spam?

After watching the KotOR 3 forums for a while, I started to notice several repeat threads. We have several threads that say, 'KotOR 3 Rumors', 'More KotOR 3 Rumors', 'Possibly KotOR 3 Rumors', etc...

Now, I am not saying we should stop the speculating, but we should consolidate several of these threads.

My general reasoning: Since we have absolutely no proof of KotOR 3's existance, the rumors are all false, we are getting news reports on games site that mirror the forums, and it is all becoming a bad nightmarish feedback loop, I propose that we make a few stickeys.

Stickeys:

1. KotOR III Rumors, Speculation, and News.

2. KotOR III: What whould you like to see?

3. KotOR III: How would you invision the story?

I think those will cover everyone's posts. I also propose the closure of anything that is not a sticky, so we don't endup getting stuck in a feedback loop. People are repeating themselves over and over and over. I think is borderlining on spam.

I truely mean no offesnse in this post, but where does the speculation begin, and where does the spamming end?

My general reasoning: Since we have absolutely no proof of KotOR 3's existance, the rumors are all false...

All false? I think you're going a bit far here. That's you're opinion but others may have different opinions.

1. KotOR III Rumors, Speculation, and News.

We already have a "news" thread where we try to concentrate most of this but I'm all for a KotOR 3 news sticky.

2. KotOR III: What whould you like to see?
Some people post their own views of K3 for discussion and to get feedback from others. If we would have such a sticky, people would only post what they'd like to see and wouldn't discuss other people's ideas.

3. KotOR III: How would you invision the story?

Same answer as no.2

I think those will cover everyone's posts. I also propose the closure of anything that is not a sticky

Close everything that's not a sticky??? :eyeraise: Don't forget that this forum is for fun. It's a gaming forum for people of all ages, from all around the world. That would be the best way to kill the k3 forum.

...and moving this to the feedback forum.

^^^^

Oky, 'my general reasoning' statement was over the top.

However, there is a lot of repetition in that forums. I don't believe you would be out of buisness. There are other LucasArts games that are coming out, and they have publically made a statement.

Legos Star Wars II

Indiana Jones

Thrillville

Traxion

I would be making forums for these games, and I would not worry about a KotOR 3 forums at this point.

I know what you mean: This is a place to have fun. However, I also know that there has been no official statement (publically) from LucasArts that KotOR 3 is on the production board. The KotOR 3 forums is a massive feedback loop, and it has brought about needless arguments and spamming. I would concentrate on the games that you know for 100% that are being worked on. This is just my opinion.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum at the time. LucasForums is about everything LucasArts, so I refuse to believe that cutting some of the KOtOR 3 forums would shut you down.

Edit:::

It is kind of funny: We have a forum for a game that may not see the light of day, but we don't have forums for the games that are actually in production. I would cut the KotOR 3 forums down, and open up forums for the newer games.

Legos Star Wars II

Indiana Jones

Thrillville

Traxion

Those games aren't related to the KotOR series. That's what the other parts of LF are for.

The KotOR 3 forums is a massive feedback loop, and it has brought about needless arguments and spamming. I would concentrate on the games that you know for 100% that are being worked on. This is just my opinion.

No one is forcing you to go to the KotOR III forum. Since it sounds like you don't like it, I don't see why'd you go to it or concern yourself with what's going on there.

Many people, (myself included) enjoy the KotOR III forum. Yes, there are a few repetitive threads there and I don't like all ideas that pop up, but it isn't all bad. There are often some interesting topics to debate there, and not all the threads are related to the topics you listed. Whether the game comes out or not, people are enjoying themselves there, so I see no reason to shut the place down. If you don't like it, just don't go to it. The best way for something to seem nonexistent is to not pay any attention to it. :)

Archived