Home

REAL Darth Malak Armour request

SithStarSlayer

The one thing that sucks about TSL, the "Darth Malak Armor" is nothing more then Zeison Shai with an orange-red trim. WE GOT ROBBED!!! LOL...

Not really, as the armor was not part of the actual game, it was cut content.

I wonder: Are there any MOD's out there that ACTUALLY have the MALAK Armor as WE FIRST saw it? Now THAT, would be cool.

First, you would need someone who can do modelling to cut off Malak's head and make his body able to handle PC Heads. Darth Malak's body has some weapon and combat animation limitations, so those would also be an issue. Then there is the height issue, as Malak's body is real tall compared to the PC body models.

So the answer is likely a no.

So... likely a no, as RH said.

_EW_

I too have an Armor request:

Is there a MOD that actually has the REAL Darth Malak Armor and not that Zeison Shai knock-off? If not, can someone create this?

I dont' think so but I'm wrong most of the time. Using diguise function doesn't help since malak armor is a body+head model.

But like I say, I could be wrong.

Don Kain Posted elsewhere:

"There was mod that modified TSL so-called Malak's armor to give you his full appearance. I suggest asking in Pcgm link request thread. However he would be missing much of combat feat animations for small creatures like cannoks and such."

I guess a MOD made this into it's own thread.

If Kreia's Dark-shroud can be made, then wouldn't it be possible to "create" a Malak Armor, with that formula in mind? Please note, I know NOTHING when it comes to understanding how you guys and gals work your magic doing these MODs.

I would think, (or assume and I know what that means ;o) that overcoming the fact that Kreia only had one hand, would be more difficult to do than re-creating the Vintage Malak gear.

I would think, (or assume and I know what that means ;o) that overcoming the fact that Kreia only had one hand, would be more difficult to do than re-creating the Vintage Malak gear.

This is the point, there is no "Malak gear", he isn't a wear-able item he is a character model.

See here is how the game works...

You pick your characters head... but the body model displayed depends on what item you have in your armor/clothes/robe slot. So when you have nothing on you see the underwear body model, if you put clothes on you see the clothes body model, a robe and you see the robe model, armor and depending on its class you will see the appropriate armor body model. Hence why all clothes/armor/robe textures have gloves on or show no skin.

Things are made to look different but all that is happening when say you put on a Jedi Robe (Brown) and then change it out for a Dark Jedi Robe (Black) is when you do this the texture applied to the body model changes as specified in the Robe item file, but the body model stays the same.

Likewise if you had heavy armor on (Class9) and change to a Zeison-Sha armor (Jedi Armor), when you do this the actual body models change on your character.

Malak doesn't have any of this, he is one model, head and body are one piece. He cannot be made into a PC easily either because of his model limitations.

This is why Malak's armor is of the Zeison-Sha variety as it is the only Jedi Armor.

I hope this clairifies things. ;)

Archived