Home

Equipable Flamethrower, TSL

Addlcove

I wonder if anyone is up for a challenge (idea shamelesly taken from goldberry)

Why not make a flamethrower weapon? seeing as it's probably impossible to place fueltanks on the characters back the simple solution would be to add a tank looking item to an already existing gun, let it have a huge fire damage but a very limited range and a penalty to dexterity (ever tried carrying a flamethrower, those "shedogs" are heavy! )

Set the range to 5 meters, change the animation to the one that T3 uses for his flamethrower

If possible have the animation go out to 7 or so, then your enemies will be covered in flames rather than standing at the outskirts of the blast.

challenge given, anyone going to pick up the gauntlet?

Why would it be impossible? flamethrower animation is already in TSL, all you need is a new weapon model, change the weapon to firedamage (and add a dex penalty) then change the "blaster shot" animation to the flamethrower one used by T3.

Unless there is something extremely funky about the flamethrower animation ofcourse :)

as for the ranges, those are just suggestions, simply check the "length" of the flame, then place max range of flamethrower in such a distance from target that animation will cover him in flames.

What would be interesting is making one for Mandalore since he's wearing a Mandalorian suit. It would remind us Jango and Boba Fett's flamethrower on their suits.

Yeah, I thought the same way when developed my "Movie Mandalorians" mod...

I've tried to make a flamethrower for Mandalore, but have no luck...

That was the original reason why I wanted the flamethrower armband. (And that request in turn caused this thread to be made.)

I'm not saying it's impossible to do a weapon with that animation, simply improbable. I doubt very much that anyone will spend the time required to do it. You may prove me wrong, and that is simply my opinion.

I don't think it's possible, as far as I know, the a wrist mounted flamethrower and by comparison a droid flamethrower are operted through scripts, very much in the same way as force powers, where the script dictates damage, visual effects, etc. So, if you think of it that way, the flamethrower is a "Force Power", while in turn anything fired from a blaster is a "Feat" and feats are hardcoded, we can't create new ones.

If you look at the ammunitiontypes.2da file you'll see that all of the blaster "animations" refer to a .mdl (model) file. I don't believe I've ever seen a flamethrower.mdl, so it would be pretty much impossible to to replace the original blaster fire .mdl with a flamethrower.mdl, which in turn makes it pretty hard to turn a gun into a flamethrower. It is actually pretty hard to do anything as far as changing what a blaster fires, the most I've been able to do is re-texture the blasterbolts and make the blaster fire various colors.

If there were any possible way to turn a blaster into a flamethrower, I imagine it would have to be through scripts, much like force powers. But the real trick is how do you get said gun to fire said flamethrower script, savvy? I'm afraid it's just not possible, I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm not gonna bet on it.

I think you got confused as to what I meant. I meant that a blaster creating a flamethrower effect was likely not possible, and I was referring to how the existing flamethrower armband worked, therefore I was actually acknowleding the existence of flamethrower armband(s).

You see, for armbands to do anything, they are "used" via the menu at the bottom of the screen. And said armbands fire an "OnUsed" (or something to that effect, I'm not script savvy) script, that script contains, much like a force power, the visual effects and damage to be applied. So the problem with using blasters/rifles to execute said flamethrower script, they would need to be "used", and I don't know if it's possible to do that.

Shem... I could be wrong, but Mav's post was addressing having a flamethrower weapon like a blaster... not an armband. ;)

You're right, not wrong

1. Changed the baseitems.2da to point to a different ammunition type with no blaster bolts linked. - Result no muzzle flash, bolts or impact fx and no sounds.

2. Enabled the onAttacked userdefined script for all spawns then altered it to fire the visual effect from the last attackers weapon (if it was the weapon I want). - Result beams now come from the handle of the guns, sound effects in place

3. Altered the model for the weapon by cloning the bullethook dummy and renaming to handconjure. - Result beams now come from the correct point of the gun (as seen in the screenshot)

What I still need to do is create proper models for the guns, create UTIs for them and make a few more adjustments to things (enabling additional effects such as horror, playing around with hit visuals and other stuff). If anyone wants to help with model making as it's not one of my strong points, give me a shout.

1. Changed the baseitems.2da to point to a different ammunition type with no blaster bolts linked. - Result no muzzle flash, bolts or impact fx and no sounds.

2. Enabled the onAttacked userdefined script for all spawns then altered it to fire the visual effect from the last attackers weapon (if it was the weapon I want). - Result beams now come from the handle of the guns, sound effects in place

3. Altered the model for the weapon by cloning the bullethook dummy and renaming to handconjure. - Result beams now come from the correct point of the gun (as seen in the screenshot)

What I still need to do is create proper models for the guns, create UTIs for them and make a few more adjustments to things (enabling additional effects such as horror, playing around with hit visuals and other stuff). If anyone wants to help with model making as it's not one of my strong points, give me a shout.

I had a feeling ammunitiontypes.2da would be involved, editing the onAttacked userdefined script for all spawns seems a little tedious to me, unless it's all the same script, but either way, I'm always glad when something I figured impossible turns out to be very possible. Also very interesting to hear about cloning the bullethook dummy, very nifty job. I'd help you with a new gun model, but I'm real busy with college right now, if you still need a gun model a week from now or so I'll be able to help.

• 3 weeks later...
what about a flamethrower weapon that once u equip it u can go into mouselook and actually shoot with it and kill any non important characters (im thinking of killing kreia for being so anoyying and replaceing her with darth nihilus)
Are you trying to turn a RPG into a FPS? it's not possible in-case you were

Archived