Home

One cannot love Psychonauts completely

Yaanu

I mean, seriously, from what I've seen on the first page of the Lakeside Chat forum, you guys love Psychonauts like Young Oly loves bunny meat.

Eww. Nevermind.

There has to be at least ONE thing that you absolutely hate about Psychonauts. Just name ONE (1) thing, get it off you chest, and maybe they'll fix it for the non-existant sequel.

My one thing? Raz's age.

I think it's more than just "lyk omg holly carp t1n year olds dont sai 'See you in hell!'" and the disturbing lack of teen heroes in games(Spiderman 2 gets boring after a while)...

Thought I'd get that off my chest. So, you have any complaints about Psychonauts?

Figments. They piss me the hell off. I've been trying to get rank 100, and it's impossible, especially in Milla's mind because of all the stupid colors. And you can't even get a hint about where they are. There's too many and in some minds they're insanely hard to find. I'm STILL missing like five figments in Milla's mind!

The campers who are just there. Don't really provide a story, they just kinda hang there. Like Kitty and Franke. I mean, Elton and Milka have the whole 'We're togetherrr!" thing, and there's the Elka/J.T./Chops/Nils thing, but what are Franke and Kitty there for? To tell you what arrowheads are? WHAT?

I have loved my Psychonauts game completely. In ways that I can't share on here.....

C'mon you knew someone was going to say it.

I was expecting TV's Frank to say it, but you'll do.

Darth_Ave: What you have to do with the campers is go around between levels around the camp to understand. You know how Crystal says she jumped off the lodge roof when you return her brain? Just check by the lodge before going to Milla's Dance Party.

lyk omg lets us start a psyconuats 2 onlien petitition [/n00b]

Psychonauts is replayable until you reach 100 rank.

Than you just kinda vacatation there to escape your problems every few monthes.

I just remember that I cried for like, a week, after I got it. (Tears of joy, of coarse.)

And I agree with Holly. I CLUCKIN HATE BLACK VELVETOPIA. And Waterloo world. No matter how awesomely adorable Fred is, getting those figments compleatly sucks. And the snails. I swear I was just about to win the level, than that damn snail knocked me off and I had to start again.

The only thing that bothered me was how SHORT it was, and as mentioned before the cliffhanger with lack of sequal. However, the shortness does make the game less intimidating if you choose to replay it (I replay it a lot, I love it so much x3) but the first time I played it I was like "... NO. That can NOT be the end!! D:"

Also, I thought the final boss was too easy. I love challenging finishes that make you go "FINALLY :DDDD"

I didn't think it was that short. I forget what I put in hour wise, but it was somewhere in the mid-twenties I thought. That's pretty good I think. I was always dreading the end. Hoping that there was one more level, so I could play even longer. As for replay, yea not too much. I went back and got the figments and stuff, and that as about it. I tried to get as much as a could to begin with, so there wasn't too much to go back for.

I haven't replayed the whole game yet, just snippets. I want to replay it again in all it's glory, sometime. I just don't want to overexpose myself to it, I want it to stay special. I usually don't replay games that much anyway. Once that whole urge to beat everything and see everything is gone, I don't go back too much. Unless it's really good.

I never missed any replay options cuz there just isn't much that cant be done. Differing difficulties wouldn't work cuz there just isnt enough action, and for anything else, the format of the storytelling would have to change. Some new dialog would have sufficed. Or unlockable minigames, cuz there were virtually none.

Longer? Of course. But what I'd really have liked was more customizability in terms of his powers and stuff.

I absolutly abhored Velvetopia. Also, it was a complete b*tch getting all of the figment's in Fred's world. At least in Milla's you had the whole "funk-a-delic" thing going on to keep you buys. But Fred's, while awesomely cuddly, was designed well for only the fist time through. The second time, when getting everything, it was just compeltly tedious and booooring.

Also, I really liked the meat circus. I don't know why most people find it to be so horrible. Some of it felt cheap but, then again, they were under a horrible time crunch. So for what it's worth, it's a pretty good leve.

...Knocked you off of what?

I went to get the musket, and I was just about to reach the other roof to get the gun and BLAM!! A snail shot me, I fell onto the ground and had to start again.

and I played Psychonauts again recently. and I realized somthing.

Once you know where the figments and crap are, Velvetopia isn't that hard. It's just tedious, and bright, and Lampita and Dingo have scary features.

Once you know where the figments and crap are, Velvetopia isn't that hard. It's just tedious, and bright, and Lampita and Dingo have scary features.

As I said, the fun in Psychonauts is severly stripped down once you have done everything once before.

I love the game but I can't help but feel nagged by the replay value.

Archived