Home

[FIC]Beauty and the Scoundrel

Here is another one of my dueling circle challenge responses. It was the odd couple one and I came up with this just from listening to Celine Dion.

Beauty and the Scoundrel

“Fracking ship. This no good piece of junk.” A loud crash sounded in the garage and was followed by a moan. That was followed by some cussing in various languages that were common on Nal Hutta.

“Statement: If the meatbag desires I could press a blaster pistol to your head and end your misery right then.”

The response was followed by a large crash and a wail from HK-47 as he fell in the garage.

Within the main hold of the Ebon Hawk, Mira was sitting with Brianna, the Handmaiden trying to ignore the crashes and the banging and feeling very angry herself. It had been a month since Darius, the Exile had left for the Unknown Regions and everything was falling apart. Visas was coming to terms with the loss and Brianna tried to keep occupied with training. Mira was angry for another reason.

“Don’t look at me like that. I won’t go and see what’s wrong. I don’t want to have anything to do with him.” Mira was glaring daggers at Brianna who was trying to calm the angry red head.

“The longer you keep this up, the more you…” Brianna began.

“Shove it out the airlock. I’m not listening though I would like a chance to use my Bothan stunner on him. Maybe lock him up in the cargo hold and starve him for two or three days.” Mira drifted off in thought.

Brianna shook her head and went to the cockpit to find Bao-Dur manning the controls. She sat in the co-pilot’s seat and stared at the streaks of hyperspace. They were on their way back to Telos where she and Bao-Dur would go back to help the Restoration effort. They others would go wherever they wanted. They sat in companionable silence until Bao-Dur’s soft voice broke the silence, “They had another argument I suppose.”

“Yes. They want to get close but they resist the entire way. This is most unusual, even for the Echani.”

“Maybe a talk with each of them would help.”

“Talking will just get them to ignore the advice given.”

“What if it was done simultaneously? That way there is no risk of having one walk on the other’s conversation.”

“That might work but the setting has to be right.” Brianna began to rub her lower jaw with her small hand and began to think.

“Just as long as Mira doesn’t have a chance to use the stun cuffs or the Bothan stunner,” Bao-Dur responded with a chuckle.

“She was already contemplating that though she did add a few days of starvation to that mix.”

“We wouldn’t want that. No Jedi powers either or he’ll be sore for a month.”

“Yes.” The two continued their plotting oblivious to the continuous crashing about the ship and the veiled threats of HK trying to blast various meatbags.

“I won’t do it, Brianna.”

“You will do it. It will make you feel better and if you two weren’t so obvious.”

Mira began to grumble as Brianna was fixing her hair. She asked in a pleading voice, “Can’t I at least have my rocket launcher?”

“No. You’ll snare the fabric. Visas, can you hand me that?” Brianna motioned to a piece on the shelf.

Visas, not missing a beat, took from the shelf what Brianna wanted and handed it to her. Though blind, she could see through the Force and she felt great amusement at the scene before her. She kept her composure and thought about what the Exile had said to her and smiled. He had said that they would need help. Well tonight, they got it, she thought.

“Don’t you think that’s enough?”

“Observation: It appears the Fool Meatbag isn’t enjoying this torture enough. Query: Shall I engage in other forms of torture?”

“Touch me and I’ll melt you in a scrap heap!”

“Mockery: Switch the +1 card to –1 and the total is 20…”

“That’s it. Where’s my lightsaber?”

“Atton stop it!” Bao-Dur’s calm voice rising. He was trying to make sure Atton was tidy, a difficult feat since Atton seemed to be perpetually scruffy looking. “You can’t have your lightsaber because I used it for spare parts in a new one. HK, go power down in the garage.”

“Statement: As you wish Horned Meatbag. Observation: It appears that the Fool Meatbag is presentable though he still looks like a scruffy looking nerf herder.”

“Who’s scruffy looking you walking tin can?” Atton grumbled some more as Bao-Dur gave the finishing touches. He sighed and wondered if this was going to be worth it.

The lighting was gentle, a tribute to Bao-Dur’s mechanical genius as two figures appeared at opposite ends of the corridor. The figure from the girl’s dorm walked slowly to the center. Atton watched until he was given a slight shove by Bao-Dur and he too walked towards the door where the cargo hold was. Both kept their eyes on each other, both warily as if daring the other to try something.

When they reached the cargo hold, Atton, totally out of character held his hand out to the redhead in front of him. He noted the slim dark green dress with the flare in the skirt that showed off her figure. He wondered if Brianna had to wrestle with Mira to get her to wear it. It was matched by a hair ornament that looked like a bee nestled in a red flower. He was impressed. He said, “You look nice Red.”

“Same could be said for you. You’re cleaner,” Mira replied and took his hand. His butt does look cute in those pants, Mira thought to herself with a smile. The jacket was nice too, dark like the pants but casual so Atton wouldn’t feel too uncomfortable.

Atton led the way to the common room where a table was set for two. Waiting for them was Bao-Dur who served them and left them to talk. He didn’t say a word to either of them except to say that he hoped they enjoyed it. Once he was out of sight Atton whispered at Mira, “I knew they were up to something.”

“You just noticed that? Wow that’s three hours faster from your previous time Atton,” Mira replied with a teasing smile.

“What did they use on your hair Red? Water to put out the flames?” came the retort but a good natured one.

“Watch it or you may find yourself in the line of fire.” Mira smirked at their private joke. “You know this isn’t bad. Though I guess we should thank everyone…after we kill them first.”

“Isn’t that a way to the dark side?”

“Not if we use the Bothan stunner, after I use it on you,” Mira smiled sweetly at Atton.

“I suppose you want to starve me after this?” he drawled a reply.

“Maybe later. You owe me a dance.”

“What?” Atton had an incredulous look on his face. I have a bad feeling about this.

“You weren’t that bad.” Mira was sitting on one of the canisters in the cargo hold and Atton was sitting next to her.

“You weren’t bad yourself Red.” Atton looked a bit sheepish. He was nervous that he began to start counting pazaak in his head rather loudly.

“You know, I’m sorry about…will you stop that?” Mira smacked his arm.

“Stop what?”

“Your pazaak game. It’s practically screaming in my ears.”

“Maybe you should stop thinking about your bounty on Darius. He’s not that good looking.”

“And you are you scruffy looking nerf herder.” Mira retorted as she stood to face Atton.

“Who’s scruffy looking Red?” Atton stood to meet her challenge. “Maybe you would like one of my torture sessions?”

“Maybe I will,” Mira eyed him with a twinkle in her dark eyes.

“Too afraid Red? Need your Bothan stun…” Atton never got to finish as he was pulled into an intense kiss. It stunned him and left him breathless. Just as he was about to respond to it when Mira broke the kiss.

“How’s that for torture?” she spoke with a sweet and devious smile.

Her answer was an intense kiss from Atton, which left her breathless too. Her response was quicker as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled away and said, “I like it. You got anymore?”

“You scoundrel.” Mira said as he kissed the side of her neck.

“Red headed beauty,” he muttered as he kissed her.

Inside the security room Brianna and Bao-Dur were watching the conversation up to the kissing. Brianna had her hand on Bao’s shoulder and said, “Well this is a tale as old as time.”

“Beauty and the scoundrel,” Bao nodded in agreement. “So is this a success or failure?”

“I say a success,” Brianna smiled and shut the camera off. “Maybe we should find a private moment of our own.”

“I’ll lead the way,” and Bao led the Handmaiden out with a hand around her waist. Each congratulated each other on a job well done and looking forward to their ‘private moment.’

• 3 years later...

Archived