Home

Seems Harder

{TheChosenOne}

i found that after not playing for awhile, im a little rusty in parries and such, in which i get destroyed by bots. But after warming up a bit, i get my skills back.

I would just practice parrying, not attacking, just keep practicing parrying, and itll get better.

Yeah thats basically it. There is less feedback on your parries in these new versions but we found that every parry causing a slowbounce/stun just slowed down the action too much. You need to get very good at parrying in order to play these new versions really well and even learn how to parry while swinging. Thats your best bet. Learning how to attackparry (aka reposite, aka push parry, aka whatever new name we are going to end up calling it) is also very benefitial because it causes your opponent to slowbounce/stun automatically.

i found that with a very defensive style, and skillful parrying, the opponent usually goes into a slow bounce after 3 or 4 parries. Plus, i find (now that those instant dp losses are gone with the new versions) it is easier to tell whether you're parrying simply by looking at how much dp u lose. I realized that beginning player rely on the slow bounces in seeing whether or not the opponent was parried, now it its more about looking at DP

It's true that in the later versions, parry and blocking is less "effective." But this is a good thing. My experience even with bots now is much better than it previously was.

In 9.0b, my brother and I tried out a match and discovered that it was sometimes EASIER to just put your saber away and punch your opponent to death. He would charge and fire off lightning to force a block, then punch me. Gratned, I was killing him 3:1... but he was still embarassing me without even igniting his lightsaber. It was the combination of lightning bursts, his dodge meter automatically negating my attacks, and punches that I can't block (for some reason).

It gave me the thought that perhaps, when a person does not have a saber ignited, there should be triple damage to the meter or something, but I guess that would ruin things if you ended up getting disarmed, as that would result in an instant kill on the follow up, as opposed to now it's just a risk and hazard.

Anyway, I've been playing 9.0h lately, and the game is just much tighter. The only way to really beat the bots is to go on defensive mode. You can't go "toe-to-toe," with them, as they're extremely aggressive... and probably not necessarily playing "fair" either. Despite that, their weakness is that they will relentlessly attack, giving the opportunity to move back, get a few parries in, and gradually drain them.

I'm not sure what version i has changed versus h, but I like how the parry system is now. Before, it really did ruin battles. Here... you actually have to retreat, and even if you do, you're constantly at risk of losing. In 9.0b, you could literally walk backwards and effectively become invincible by simply parrying and blocking everything, waiting for your opponent to wear himself out.

Yeah you get used to it, it's more like the movies and it's just ****ing fun.

It enables you to fight HOW you want too, without getting breaks every 5 seconds.

Sanjuro, how's the anims?

If anyone needs the latest betas or new dlls (009b is oooooold :D) just add me @ arminhalilovic@hotmail.com or send me an email. I'll upload it somewhere easy ;)

@Shaft:

I can teach you a thing or two to get you out of that defensive vicious circle.

I posted my email, you can freely IM/PM/mail me whenever you have time. I'll try to get the ratpack together and we'll show you some tricks here and there. Trust me on this; defense is not the only way :)

I am very interested in the newest Beta. Currently, I am still playing 0.0.9f.

And, by the way, I am also fighting the bots the same way as Shaft is saying here. After three or four parries, the bots will indeed get into slowbounce (that's when they are kind of 'stunned', right?) and I will be able to get some saber whacks and sometimes even a kick in!

Yeah you get used to it, it's more like the movies and it's just ****ing fun.

It enables you to fight HOW you want too, without getting breaks every 5 seconds.

Sanjuro, how's the anims?

If anyone needs the latest betas or new dlls (009b is oooooold :D) just add me @ arminhalilovic@hotmail.com or send me an email. I'll upload it somewhere easy ;)

@Shaft:

I can teach you a thing or two to get you out of that defensive vicious circle.

I posted my email, you can freely IM/PM/mail me whenever you have time. I'll try to get the ratpack together and we'll show you some tricks here and there. Trust me on this; defense is not the only way :)

yeah 009b is seriously completely different then the latest betas, it really is very movie like and ridiculously fun.

plus your saber anims makes it movie like x1000000000000000, and i love them. Though i dont like the makahashi idle stance that much, it's animations make up for it.

I found that ive fought bots so much, that their attacks become very predictable, and so im able to parry most of their hits. Plus attacking while parrying destroys their dp, so after practice, bots become piece of cake... THough ive never played with actual players, it must be a completely different experience

yeah 009b is seriously completely different then the latest betas, it really is very movie like and ridiculously fun.

plus your saber anims makes it movie like x1000000000000000, and i love them. Though i dont like the makahashi idle stance that much, it's animations make up for it.

Yeah I've been thinking of changing it but I don't know to what. We'll see.

Archived